Newcastle United 0-0 Fulham - 22/12/2018 - post match discussion from page 9

Greg

We have been the better team, looking to open them up. They are playing 5 at the back and have pretty much everyone central so it’s hard to break them down. Gaps started to appear more towards the end. Aside from a cheap freekick, and a couple of Mitro shots that were always going to be comfortably saved, they have offered nothing. They are happy to let us come onto them and scramble around when the ball comes into the box.

Guest reefatoon

We are such a s*** boring watch. Seem to nod off every time. Great to catch up on some kip like, and our dullard football is the perfect tonic. Either a scrappy 1-0 win or a tight dull defeat. Been years since we thrashed someone. Boring as f***.

We are such a shit boring watch. Seem to nod off every time. Great to catch up on some kip like, and our dullard football is the prefect tonic. Either a scrappy 1-0 win or a tight dull defeat. Been years since we thrashed someone. Boring as fuck.

Hey, Rafa is working miracles getting us playing this exhilarating football, be grateful.

Diame is up there with Kante at breaking up play like

No :lol:

Triggs is right tbf, the stats back it up.

Ok jokers.

I'm not sure how it's a joke, when he's literally the best combined interceptor and tackler in the Premier League in 2018 like. It doesn't mean anyone thinks he's as good as Kante man. :lol:

Haven't seen that stat but my first question would be: "The best or the one with most"?

The most, he's ahead of everyone in numbers. No one said he was the best.

Well ok, I'll give you that numbers wise he's up there with Kante in breaking play but hardly in the ability to do so. Just happens to play in a team that usually has 30% posession. Not sure that's a very relevant statistic to anything. Like making most saves would make you the best at saving shots.

To clarify when someone says "up there with x in x" I didnt realise we're talking the number of times these players do it

Out sloppy play at the back has handed them many chances which they look unable to take.

There’s no reason to be so cagey with them. It has 0-0 written all over it at the moment but they could be there for the taking with some positive changes.

Guest firetotheworks

Ok jokers.

I'm not sure how it's a joke, when he's literally the best combined interceptor and tackler in the Premier League in 2018 like. It doesn't mean anyone thinks he's as good as Kante man. :lol:

Haven't seen that stat but my first question would be: "The best or the one with most"?

Well ok, I'll give you that numbers wise he's up there with Kante in breaking play but hardly in the ability to do so. Just happens to play in a team that usually has 30% posession. Not sure that's a very relevant statistic to anything. Like making most saves would make you the best at saving shots.

To clarify when someone says "up there with x in x" I didnt realise we're talking the number of times these players do it

It's probably open to interpretation, I just assumed that triggs wasn't being daft. :lol:

Ok jokers.

It's probably open to interpretation, I just assumed that triggs wasn't being daft. :lol:

I'd also be a bit surprised if Kante was "up there" in total tackles or interceptions. Which makes the comparison weirder.

Guest firetotheworks

Ok jokers.

I'd also be a bit surprised if Kante was "up there" in total tackles or interceptions. Which makes the comparison weirder.

He's 2nd. Or at least he was the other week when they showed the stat with Diame top.

Ok jokers.

He's 2nd. Or at least he was the other week when they showed the stat with Diame top.

Interesting. He's 50th on total tackles and 52nd in interceptions in 2018/19 on whoscored.