Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-1 Newcastle United - 11/02/19

Disco

How did they play? Only caught the final score a bit after.

Got better as game went on. Draw fair score but a kick in the chops due to type and time of goal.

Passed it better than recent particularly in the second half.

Ok we have settled down.

Man City, Spurs, Wolves........I’m guessing most of us thought AT BEST  2 points? Many would have said a point?

We got 4    O0

just to put it into perspective lads.

Guest reefatoon

We are the second worst goal scorers in the league yet have conceded fewer than Man Utd  :lol:

Sums up how fucking dull the games are.

How did they play? Only caught the final score a bit after.

Longstaff was particularly good, bossed the midfield, broke up play all game and used the ball very intelligently. He's starting to look excellent in that role. All in all the draw was probably fair as Wolves took the game to us for large periods without really threatening too much. We grew into the first half and started the second very well.

Almiron looked lively, Perez showed some good touches and Ritchie had one of his better games. Dubravka was solid. Lascelles the best of the 3 centre backs, Schar was canny and assisted the goal with a nice pass, but Lejeune looked slightly off the pace to me despite making some good blocks. Yedlin I thought was poor.

Lovely waking to that "we've been totally shafted by the officials" feeling again. It's part of the weekly routine now.

Wouldn`t feel half as crappy if we got shafted in 70th minute if that makes sense. The timing of the shafted makes it feel ten times worse than usual.

Thought Wolves were pretty unimpressive. With a little bit of investment from Fat Mike, there's no reason why we couldn't be challenging for 7th quite comfortably. Just a shame that investment isn't forthcoming.

7th there for the taking for anyone who wants it.

I think people are mistaken that VAR will turnover most decisions, it won't from what I've seen of it in europe.

Aye it’ll be an improvement but from what I’ve seen they’re pretty reluctant to overturn the ref’s decision unless its offside or something

Aside from still foaming at how the equaliser came about and the kick in the pods that we could so easily have had 6 points from them, a draw would have been accepted going into the game and on balance of how the match turned out.

Longstaff man  :love:

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Thought Wolves were pretty unimpressive. With a little bit of investment from Fat Mike, there's no reason why we couldn't be challenging for 7th quite comfortably. Just a shame that investment isn't forthcoming.

Wolves just spent £19m on a left-back... we're never spending money ever again.

7th there for the taking for anyone who wants it.

It's been said before I'm sure, but I honestly reckon any team from 6th downwards are capable of getting relegated. Entirely possible that the likes of Leicester or Everton or Southampton or West Ham could start badly next season then just spiral. Entirely possible that Wolves could end up pissing off that agent and losing all their decent players or that Watford could be found out.

Mid-table isn't safe these days.

It seems like there is one rule for Newcastle and another for the rest of the league tbh. We get barely any pens, nee reds against us for years, we have situations like that where the ref plays until the other team scores despite being beyond the allocated time even with the sub factored in and a perfect opportunity to blow the whistle well before he did, but inexplicably playing on instead.

And finally the challenge on the keeper - it's a running joke in this league that you can't go near the keeper, you most certainly can't put your hands over him like Boly did - it gets given as a foul whether it's a foul or not because it's too vital a call to get wrong basically. But nah it's Newcastle so fuck em. The run of decisions we've had against us this season is beyond a fucking joke to the point of blatant bias with no fucking consequences for anyone.

Bring on VAR, not saying it necessarily affects matters this evening but we are getting fucked over time and time again, and can't do any worse out of it than we are currently.

I don't buy there being some big conspiracy against us at all.

We don't get pens because we don't spend much time in our opponent's box. Hopefully this changes now Almiron's here.

What about the all the red card decisions, what's the reason we don't get them then?

Which ones? We get just as many the other way. Lascelles should've been sent off at least twice this season, especially for that two-footer

155 games in the PL since an opponent was sent off, 18 Newcastle players dismissed in that period.

Complete and utter pisstake.

It seems like there is one rule for Newcastle and another for the rest of the league tbh. We get barely any pens, nee reds against us for years, we have situations like that where the ref plays until the other team scores despite being beyond the allocated time even with the sub factored in and a perfect opportunity to blow the whistle well before he did, but inexplicably playing on instead.

And finally the challenge on the keeper - it's a running joke in this league that you can't go near the keeper, you most certainly can't put your hands over him like Boly did - it gets given as a foul whether it's a foul or not because it's too vital a call to get wrong basically. But nah it's Newcastle so f*** em. The run of decisions we've had against us this season is beyond a f***ing joke to the point of blatant bias with no f***ing consequences for anyone.

Bring on VAR, not saying it necessarily affects matters this evening but we are getting f***ed over time and time again, and can't do any worse out of it than we are currently.

We don't get pens because we don't spend much time in our opponent's box. Hopefully this changes now Almiron's here.

What about the all the red card decisions, what's the reason we don't get them then?

Which ones? We get just as many the other way. Lascelles should've been sent off at least twice this season, especially for that two-footer

155 games in the PL since an opponent was sent off, 18 Newcastle players dismissed in that period.

De Bruyne, Boly, Arter this season.

Cabaye, Huddersfield player kick to Mbemba's head, Brighton player stamp last season.

That's just off the top of my head.  :lol:

What's gannin on man?

Lovely waking to that "we've been totally shafted by the officials" feeling again. It's part of the weekly routine now.

This. :lol: woke up in middle of night to grab a glass of water in the kitchen and I’m certain I was mumbling about the game.

This. :lol: woke up in middle of night to grab a glass of water in the kitchen and I’m certain I was mumbling about the game.

I keep sighing and shaking my head, fucks sake  :lol:

Still fucking fuming about this.

Absolute turbocunts, this lot.

Same, fucking raging still  :lol:

Came into this thread to say the same thing. :lol:

Robbing us once against this lot clearly wasn't enough.

And finally the challenge on the keeper - it's a running joke in this league that you can't go near the keeper, you most certainly can't put your hands over him like Boly did - it gets given as a foul whether it's a foul or not because it's too vital a call to get wrong basically. But nah it's Newcastle so fuck em. The run of decisions we've had against us this season is beyond a fucking joke to the point of blatant bias with no fucking consequences for anyone.

Bring on VAR, not saying it necessarily affects matters this evening but we are getting fucked over time and time again, and can't do any worse out of it than we are currently.

People can say what they want about things evening out or going both ways etc, but such hard facts and the number of controversial game changing decisions which have gone against, just this season alone, elevate this to something way beyond coincidence or just bad luck.