Newcastle United vs Huddersfield Town - 23/02/2019 @ 15:00 - No TV

HaydnNUFC

Villa/Derby style draw/defeat incoming

Villa, Derby, West Brom and Fulham during their last relegation season, we have a strong history of screwing up against bottom of the table teams we should be beating comfortably.

People here are going to be so angry by 5pm on Saturday.

Wrong.

Also two of the results against the 4 teams you've mentioned there were down to us being on the beach, already safe. If you pulled up the league tables of results against the bottom half for this season and last, I imagine we're close to the top on both.

Wrong.

Also two of the results against the 4 teams you've mentioned there were down to us being on the beach, already safe. If you pulled up the league tables of results against the bottom half for this season and last, I imagine we're close to the top on both.

I think I'm right, Fulham were bottom and remained bottom in their relegation season when they beat us at their stadium. We do have a good record against teams around us I don't dispute that, but we have a history of screwing up against teams bottom of the table even if we didn't have much to play for. Maybe Almiron will make things easier this time.

Guest Howaythetoon

This is one game I’d love Rafa to just send them out and to go for it from the off with a front 3 of of Almiron, Perez and Rondon pushed right up. I’d be very disappointed if we just sat off them and let them have all the ball in order to counter or pick them off like we usually do because I think if we went after them at a high tempo and much higher up the pitch we could put a few past these and improve that good goal difference of ours even further.

When was the last time we really spanked someone at home in the Premier League under Rafa? Would I be correct in thinking it was the 5-1 win over Spurs on the final day of our relegation season a few years back?

Fucks me off having this feeling of wanting to see Almiron, I’ve never been all season but I feel drawn to this fucker.....rrrrrrr

Kevin Friend is ref, has he had any fuck ups involving us?

I remember one game at SJP a few years ago when we narrowly beat QPR.  He seemed to do everything possible to get them something out of the game.  Not sure why that sticks out but it does, i was obviously fuming at the time  :lol:

Always amazed when people know/care about who the referee is. I couldn't tell you who they all are or what they've done :lol:

Every time the official account tweets about the ref for an upcoming game, you immediately see a load of responses along the lines of "that's us playing against 12", "pen for them and red card for us", "another sh*te ref". Completely regardless of who the ref actually is.

Always amazed when people know/care about who the referee is. I couldn't tell you who they all are or what they've done :lol:

Not to be a cunt but it's just paying attention, you honestly don't know the names of at least some of the refs in the PL?

I guess I know a couple of the names, but it’s not something I think about in the run up to a game. And I haven’t a clue what their style is or what it means for the match.

I just think a lot of people focus too much on a variable which you can’t control and is pretty standard. Pet hate of how much time goes into discussing refs and refereeing mistakes.

Not to be a c*** but it's just paying attention, you honestly don't know the names of at least some of the refs in the PL?

I guess I know a couple of the names, but it’s not something I think about in the run up to a game. And I haven’t a clue what their style is or what it means for the match.

I just think a lot of people focus too much on a variable which you can’t control and is pretty standard. Pet hate of how much time goes into discussing refs and refereeing mistakes.

No one wants to discuss refs, but when they keep making blatent errors),  naturally it's gonna be discussed.