Newcastle United vs Huddersfield Town - 23/02/2019 @ 15:00 - No TV

HaydnNUFC

Hoping for a comfortable win day but we don’t seem to get too those anymore.

Likely an unpopular opinion but if Shelvey is fit I’d start him with Longstaff because I can’t imagine Cardiff are going to commit. Hopefully Almiron will play too.

2-0 to us

Rondon making the difference

I don’t think Cardiff will commit too much, I mean we arn’t playing them.

Hoping for a comfortable win day but we don’t seem to get too those anymore.

Likely an unpopular opinion but if Shelvey is fit I’d start him with Longstaff because I can’t imagine Cardiff are going to commit. Hopefully Almiron will play too.

2-0 to us

Rondon making the difference

I don’t think Cardiff will commit too much, I mean we arn’t playing them.

Meant to say like Cardiff weeyyy

Just found out, wor lass has booked a match day stadium tour tomorrow for my birthday. Anyone done one before?

It’s brilliant. The view from the nosebleed seats is tremendous. Plus enjoyed farting in Ashley’s seat more than I should have.

If you were the guide you'd be suggesting that to people. I know I would.

Rafa will have them well prepared. They're bottom for a reason, we just need to start well. An early goal would be massive.

Wouldn’t really want to see an early goal. We would spend too long trying to sit on it and keep it safe. Early goals bring out the worst in us. A bit of entertainment at home against the bottom team would be canny mind. Would be good to see us go for the jugular for a change if we did happen to score early.

Aye. Better to sit on the 0-0 and nick one at the end. Maybe we could have afternoon tea for the first 90 mins and score in injury time.

Dubravka

Schar.    Lascelles.  Lejeune

Yedlin.      Longstaff.    Hayden.  Ritchie

Perez.        Almiron

Rondon

3-4-2-1

Subs: Darlow, Fernandez, Manquillo, Ki, Diame, Atsu, Joselu

Is what I think it will be... Shelvey to miss out with Diame and Ki getting minuites against Wolves and in the friendly

Dubravka

Perez.        Almiron

Rondon

3-4-2-1

Is what I think it will be... Shelvey to miss out with Diame and Ki getting minuites against Wolves and in the friendly

Probably not far off this, although I think Barreca or Dummett will be included in the match day squad, with some minutes later on in the game perhaps.

Dubravka

Perez.        Almiron

Rondon

3-4-2-1

Probably not far off this, although I think Barreca or Dummett will be included in the match day squad, with some minutes later on in the game perhaps.

Forgot all about Dummett :lol:

Dubravka

Perez.        Almiron

Rondon

3-4-2-1

Forgot all about Dummett :lol:

Lest we forget. Lovely guy, is Paul.

Anyway, really excited for the team announcement. What a difference the prospect of a player like Almiron and a nearly fully fit squad makes.

Starting to get nervous about this, thinking we're going to f*** it up in typical Newcastle fashion.

At least if we do, we'll still not be in bottom 3.

True but it's a huge chance to pull clear from the bottom 3 and I have a horrible feeling we're going to fuck it up.

Hope I'm totally wrong obviously.

Where is Diame?

Its also bizarre Berecca can't even make the squad when Benitez made a big deal about needing another left back.

I bet he was his 5th choice left back. Plus no point putting him on the bench if you have Dummett in the bench.

Where is Diame?

Its also bizarre Berecca can't even make the squad when Benitez made a big deal about needing another left back.

Rafa's been banging about needing a left back before never using the one's he signs for about 15 years. It's just his thing.