Newcastle United 2-0 Burnley - 26/02/19 - post match pingers from pg19

Disco

Lol at Dyche at the end, shouldn't have been 5 mins anyway you anti football bellend.

Fuck Burnley.

Yeah, that incident made me aware of something I'd not thought of before. If there's a delay of four minutes in the 89th minute of the game, you should still only add one minute to whatever stoppage time has accumulated before.

I think.

Great win, by the way.

Agree with what a lot of people are saying about Burnley they’re awful to watch, it totally killed the game. I know it’s been effective for them but I couldn’t watch that level of hoof ball every week. Special mention to Hendricks (I think) who tried his best to get Longstaff sent off and Tarkowski who lost the plot at the end and was trying to work himself with any of our players near him - absolute shithouses.

It was nice to see us grind out the win although we made it hard for ourselves in the second half. All of our centre backs dominated and Dubravka dealt with everything comfortably. Should they have had a penalty? Haven’t seen the highlights and no one really appealed but it looked like one towards the end of the first half.

Did anyone else think Almiron looks very raw tactically? We haven’t had pace like that since maybe Bellamy/Dyer on the last man and he looks a threat but he looked a bit lost on a couple of occasions. Did anyone see those Atlanta fans? There was about 6 of them trying their best to get his attention during the warmup and looked buzzing.

Agree with what a lot of people are saying about Burnley they’re awful to watch, it totally killed the game. I know it’s been effective for them but I couldn’t watch that level of hoof ball every week. Special mention to Hendricks (I think) who tried his best to get Longstaff sent off and Tarkowski who lost the plot at the end and was trying to work himself with any of our players near him - absolute shithouses.

It was nice to see us grind out the win although we made it hard for ourselves in the second half. All of our centre backs dominated and Dubravka dealt with everything comfortably. Should they have had a penalty? Haven’t seen the highlights and no one really appealed but it looked like one towards the end of the first half.

Did anyone else think Almiron looks very raw tactically? We haven’t had pace like that since maybe Bellamy/Dyer on the last man and he looks a threat but he looked a bit lost on a couple of occasions. Did anyone see those Atlanta fans? There was about 6 of them trying their best to get his attention during the warmup and looked buzzing.

Yes re Almiron.

His pace terrified Burnley though.

We looked a class above and was never in doubt even if Takkawakkawoski finished that sitter I still would have felt confident of a win. They were rank just a bog standard set of hoofers and heffers.

Chuffed for Longstaff, he will just keep getting better. We have some talent on our hands just hope to god Rafa stays to bring him on to the best of his abilities.

We looked a class above and was never in doubt even if Takkawakkawoski finished that sitter I still would have felt confident of a win. They were rank just a bog standard set of hoofers and heffers.

Think it would have been really nervous with a 1-goal lead mind.

I expected it to be given, because I expect everything to be given against us.

That said, I reckon we'd be furious not to get it - and at 2-0 just before half time, it could well have been a different game. Tarkowski's missed chance was within a few minutes of it, too.

Not to say they deserved anything, because they were rancid and we were very good. But fine margins and all that.

Forgot how awful Burnley's football was.  Just completely bypass the midfield

Had haunting flashbacks of Pardews tactics, diagonal to Williamson every time we had a free kick anywhere on the pitch.

Glad those days are long gone

They're basically the new Stoke, just garbage.

I haven't watched much this season or football in general but i was quite impressed how comfortable we looked, in the past even when we won games under Rafa i'd always feel moments of nerves but that never really happened here.

Just in general i feel like we move the ball much better now which is pleasing, as i said i haven't watched much but i doubt we looked this good balance wise before the Almiron signing. We've been solid defensively but going forward it was like trying to plow through a brick wall but that isn't the case now.

We actually look like an actual good team.

Love Almiron's neck running.  1000% effort.

Massive fan of his shirt appearing to be at least a size too big.

Looks like it would fit Rondon

I seem to remember Asprilla's shirt always looked too big, but that might have been with him pulling the sleeves down over his hands in the bitter north-east weather. It's been a mild winter this time around.

Think it would have been really nervous with a 1-goal lead mind.

I didn't feel that way at all which I often get with Newcastle games. We looked fitter, tactically way smarter, solid at the back and looked good going forward.

.com spot on again.

For the first time this season, the manager has genuine options and selection problems of a positive kind, save for the talismanic Rondon, whose absence would require a radical tactical rethink.

The on-loan striker may not have looked like adding to his goal tally - save for one first half header- but was invariably shackled (and impeded) by two defenders, occupying them to the benefit of his team mates.

Had we had him - and Almiron - at the start of the season and match fit then, the whole dynamic of this season could have been entirely different.

Think we've got a good chance of bettering last seasons points tally tbh, if we keep this form up.

Second last on MOTD

They always prioritise Wednesday games.

I thought it was just that they had prioritised the games involving Liverpool and Man City re the title race?

Also do they not get more limited access to highlights of BT Sport games?  I know Sky have shown nothing of our game for that reason.

Great win against this lot on their current form and so many positives to take away. Burnley's way of playing football is absolutely dire, mind - no interest in actually playing football as we seen all game and especially when Crouch came on - how many fucking fouls did he want to make in the box that the referee let slide btw!?

Special mention to shithouse Tarkowski, too. Justice that he ended up completely fluffing his chance.

Great win against this lot on their current form and so many positives to take away. Burnley's way of playing football is absolutely dire, mind - no interest in actually playing football as we seen all game and especially when Crouch came on - how many fucking fouls did he want to make in the box that the referee let slide btw!?

Special mention to shithouse Tarkowski, too. Justice that he ended up completely fluffing his chance.

Dire, but seemingly effective. A great result in all honesty. I thought before the game that if we won this we'd be safe (subject to not believing we were safe, if that makes sense). We're nicely set now, Rafa has guided us safely through the turbulence and there is no other man I would trust to land this baby.