West Ham 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 02/03/19 - Post-match reaction from page 18

BlueStar

Aye Noble could easily have been sent off for his tackle on Almiron at 0 v 0 in what was one of the most deliberate accepts to injure someone you will see it was a tackle from behind too :lol:

Don’t suppose Skysports have been showing it on loop though as if it was Shelvey?

I didn't think there was two goals in it tonight but fuck me our full backs are fucking dreadful.

Their centre backs were excellent for the most part and our back five were very much below par.

Hey ho, we move on, but a bit of a surprise this performance given our recent form and the fact we had an extra recuperation day.

Guest godzilla

Almiron getting pelters on Twitter ffs

Player in having bad game shocker.

Thing is I thought he was ok - not brilliant my any stretch but he was the only player who didn't give the ball away often. I thnk he is playing a bit safe at the moment probably as he is new to the club and I would certainly push him further forward.

Don't really think 2-0 was a fair reflection of the game. Thought they were pretty average and the score line flattered them. Games like this and the wolves game show that we really aren't far behind 7-12th at all.

Thing is I thought he was ok - not brilliant my any stretch but he was the only player who didn't give the ball away often. I thnk he is playing a bit safe at the moment probably as he is new to the club and I would certainly push him further forward.

He could do with really getting a hold of one of those shots from outside the box. His shot's have been De Jong-esque from distance.

Can't believe anyone would be giving him stick mind.

I love the little fella.

Guest godzilla

I didn't think there was two goals in it tonight but f*** me our full backs are f***ing dreadful.

Their centre backs were excellent for the most part and our back five were very much below par.

Hey ho, we move on, but a bit of a surprise this performance given our recent form and the fact we had an extra recuperation day.

The one are we stuggle with the most - none of our full backs are really up to scratch and something that needs to be sorted in the Summer.

It's tough to tell where the line between "outclassed" and "had a shite game" is, but sometimes both things are true at the same time for a lot of the side today. Never really got going but West Ham were also better everywhere. Regroup, move on.

I didn't think there was two goals in it tonight but f*** me our full backs are f***ing dreadful.

The one are we stuggle with the most - none of our full backs are really up to scratch and something that needs to be sorted in the Summer.

If Rafa stays that has to be his priority. I'm sure it is. N'Soki would be the one he'd want to go big on.

Guest godzilla

He could do with really getting a hold of one of those shots from outside the box. His shot's have been De Jong-esque from distance.

Can't believe anyone would be giving him stick mind.

I love the little fella.

I agree but at the moment I'm thinking the problem is with him being new, that I'm not sure he is convinced in his own mind that it's the right thing to shoot for the teams sake.

Needs pushing forward though into the number 10 role.

Guest godzilla

If Rafa stays that has to be his priority. I'm sure it is. N'Soki would be the one he'd want to go big on.

Agree also think our wingers requre upgrading.

Guest neesy111

It's tough to tell where the line between "outclassed" and "had a shite game" is, but sometimes both things are true at the same time for a lot of the side today. Never really got going but West Ham were also better everywhere. Regroup, move on.

:thup:

:thup:

Oh turns out I didn't need to make a post. Thomas covers it. We were sub par. They played excellently and Pellegrini out benitezed Benitez. The overall quality of their players was simply much better today.

We definitely need quality in wide areas. The spine of the team is top half. We've got options at CB, options in CM and we've also got Rondon at CF. We've got nowt on the wings, really. I'm still hopeful that Manquillo won't turn out to be one of Rafa's duds. He's still young(ish) and room to improve.

Going forward we are fucked. We need to sign Rondon, and a suitable back-up/1st choice. There's not going to be much left after that, let's be honest. Unless this is the year that Ashley splurges.

Guest godzilla

We definitely need quality in wide areas. The spine of the team is top half. We've got options at CB, options in CM and we've also got Rondon at CF. We've got nowt on the wings, really. I'm still hopeful that Manquillo won't turn out to be one of Rafa's duds. He's still young(ish) and room to improve.

Going forward we are f***ed. We need to sign Rondon, and a suitable back-up/1st choice. There's not going to be much left after that, let's be honest. Unless this is the year that Ashley splurges.

Unfortunately we all know that's not going to happen. His idea when staying up is; team is good enough to finish 17th following year; spend minimum required and rinse and repeat until it eventually comes crashing down and we get relegated.

Guest godzilla

They were simply far more up for it. We were slack off the ball - they seemed to hoover up second balls.

Clever play by Pellegrini to continually overload the wing backs.

Rafa should probably have chnged it a lot earlier to counteract that. Though saying that the quality on both wings is not very good either.

The defending on the first goal scuppered everything and the rash tackle for the penalty was the killer blow.

We are usually qute strong defensively ut one area we stuggle massively on is set peices.

Tbh, anyone who signs up to twitter and takes comments on there seriously shouldn't be on it :lol:

Anybody who reads twitter wants their heads looking into. I'm sure it's a wonderful tool for expressing yourself, and letting off steam, but who wants the steam off somebody else's shit.