The other games today 2019/20

Greg

What’s embarrassing? The fact that a bunch of people hate Liverpool and want to see them lose? Football fans in disliking clubs shocker. Who gives a fuck?

I'm sure the Liverpool hatred is mostly on here and that the majority of NUFC fans, outside of here, are not that bothered - even after Saturday's disgraceful diving/decisions.

Absolutely not. I don't mind Liverpool at all. I've always said their fans are similar to ours in the sense that they're mostly working class and passionate. However, I'm very much in the minority.

After the game on Saturday emotions may have been high, but every single fan I spoke to around the city throughout the night had nothing good to say about Liverpool and clearly had a hatred for them. I then went out to watch Man City v Leicester in my local on Monday and every single person was supporting Man City - to the extent a lot jumped up when Man City scored.

Finally, last night. I don't know any NUFC fan that wanted Liverpool to progress. I watched the match with my old man and he was absolutely gutted when they turned it around.

The hatred is definitely not just online. For some reason, a majority of our fans have a hatred for Liverpool and I've seen that for years, before Saturdays debacle.

Guest neesy111

Be a class game if they do play Ajax in the final like. Two teams who'll go for it regardless. Just hope Spurs don't turn up tonight.

:pray:

I'll be honest. I've hated every version of Liverpool in the past, apart from a couple of Rafa years. They've almost always been overrated by the media and especially their fans. Having knobheads in their teams like Suarez, Sturridge and a few more made me hate them even more. This version of Liverpool is actually quite good though. They finally have the team to back up their delusions of grandeur, and a very likeable manager (albeit a bit of a nugget when he loses).

I didn't mind them winning last night nearly as much as I minded them cheating their way to beating us.

Also, it was only the second time I've seen Barcelona play, and fuck me! How pony are they? Basically Messi and 10 clowns.

Guest alijmitchell

What’s embarrassing? The fact that a bunch of people hate Liverpool and want to see them lose? Football fans in disliking clubs shocker. Who gives a fuck?

I'm sure the Liverpool hatred is mostly on here and that the majority of NUFC fans, outside of here, are not that bothered - even after Saturday's disgraceful diving/decisions.

You may be right, I don't know. But my question was why people find it embarrassing that a bunch of people might not want Liverpool to win anything. Football is full of dislike for other teams, it comes with the territory. Goodness know why people feel the need to pick people up on it or be 'embarrassed' for them.

Other than ruining one of the most salient (& potentially euphoric) memories of my childhood (`74 FA cup), its their constant whinging & false sense of indignation that gets on my nads….& that's without mentioning the OTT celebrations when they scuppered our one real shot at the title with that perennial SKY 4-3 wankfest that seems to loom larger behind the shoulder than Ronny fucking Radford the more time goes by.

I hope they get smashed by (Preferably AJAX) & end up with fuck all again.

Fwiw that was the worst Barca performance in living memory & the ensuing media bukake ruined my journey to work this morning.

Fuck them

Guest alijmitchell

Other than ruining one of the most salient (& potentially euphoric) memories of my childhood (`74 FA cup), its their constant whinging & false sense of indignation that gets on my nads….& that's without mentioning the OTT celebrations when they scuppered our one real shot at the title with that perennial SKY 4-3 wankfest that seems to loom larger behind the shoulder than Ronny fucking Radford the more time goes by.

Fwiw that was the worst Barca performance in living memory & the ensuing media bukake ruined my journey to work this morning.

Fuck them

Exactly

You may be right, I don't know. But my question was why people find it embarrassing that a bunch of people might not want Liverpool to win anything. Football is full of dislike for other teams, it comes with the territory. Goodness know why people feel the need to pick people up on it or be 'embarrassed' for them.

Football might be full of 'dislike' for other teams, but then there's posts like this which are more complete and utter hatred...

I sincerely hope they lose the final but I doubt they will. Cunt club, cunt city

I wouldn't say I'm embarrassed for you or owt, I actually get why a lot of people who haven't been around Liverpool or a lot of their fans outside of a Newcastle v Liverpool game would dislike them, especially when you consider the 4-3 in '96 which helped Man U win the league and celebrating it like mad (divvies). In fact before I moved here I fucking hated them as well. :lol: That was primarily down to the online persona that a lot of Liverpool fans have so I get it.

Fuck them

Good post :thup:.

If Ajax get through tonight, would be very interesting to see the % split in the UK ref who folk want to lift the trophy. I reckon over 70% would want Ajax.

Incredible how Barca have managed a bigger bottle job than the one in Rome last season. People blaming the manager, or recruitment but it's still a side with easily over 100 trophies won between them. The amount of errors and way they just collapsed was ridiculous. With the experience they have you'd expect at least some shithousery and to try to kill Liverpools momentum a bit.

What’s embarrassing? The fact that a bunch of people hate Liverpool and want to see them lose? Football fans in disliking clubs shocker. Who gives a f***?

My dad isn't on here and he doesn't like Liverpool.

Incredible how Barca have managed a bigger bottle job than the one in Rome last season. People blaming the manager, or recruitment but it's still a side with easily over 100 trophies won between them. The amount of errors and way they just collapsed was ridiculous. With the experience they have you'd expect at least some shithousery and to try to kill Liverpools momentum a bit.

Aye, they were so fucking naive.

I used to be a bit petty about Liverpool.  A lot of my mate's support them and it used to annoy me when they constantly hammered us :lol: I always bought into the generalisations regarding their fans, even though a lot of the people I know that support them are not like that.  Which I think it a poor thing to do.  As we all know, according to other club's fans, we expect to challenge for trophies and be in the CL every season :lol:

I don't know if they actually have become a bit more bearable since going on a 'losing' run by their standards.  I'm not sure if it is the Rafa connection, or the fact that Klopp and his teams are just such great fun.  All of the above, maybe.  I actually quite like them now.  Prefer them to the other top teams in the country.

Would LFC fans do what we did for our club in the Champo? Just curious. Or would they be as wild as we were versus Man city, Everton or Liverpool at home if roles were reversed?

Would LFC fans do what we did for our club in the Champo? Just curious. Or would they be as wild as we were versus Man city, Everton or Liverpool at home if roles were reversed?

Do what we did for our club in the Champo? Not sure what you're referring to?

Just worth pointing out that you have to factor in global fans who picked Liverpool in the last 10-15 years who’ve only seen largely successful teams and consider finishing out of top 4-5 to just be the worst day of all time. When you live here in the US and largely all fans of teams are recent converts relatively speaking who pick the top sides to support and somehow feel connected to “tough seasons” and you compare what “tough” is to a Newcastle fan and I have to tell you - it’s embarrassing for them. Just like seeing arsenal fans boo their side for not getting CL and just as embarrassing as our own fans booing those SBR teams. You don’t know what you have until you’re bloody us.

Like how strong of a support we had for our team

Ah. Yes, definitely.

Whether people like them or not they're just as passionate over their football team as we are.

Definitely. Of the big teams they’re the most like us IMO

Very true. The fourth goal you would not accept from your mates if you had the jackets down in the park.

Best thing about Liverpool and Man City doing great at the minute though, is Man U fans going through what they did the last 20 years before that.

That much is true. Saw a fairly prominent Man Utd account lauding it over the state of Bolton so it's not all bad news for them at least.

Very true. The fourth goal you would not accept from your mates if you had the jackets down in the park.

Pen or goal, pen or goal