The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Villa are now in the relegation zone. I’m pretty sure if they go down this season then they won’t get any parachute payments as they have came back up within 5 years of going down and had none of their 3 years of parachute payments remaining.

Villa are now in the relegation zone. I’m pretty sure if they go down this season then they won’t get any parachute payments as they have came back up within 5 years of going down and had none of their 3 years of parachute payments remaining.

Is that how it works? I'd assumed Parachute payments just restarted each time you went down.

Is that how it works? I'd assumed Parachute payments just restarted each time you went down.

They introduced a new rules at the end of last season. Now if you comeback and go back down within 5 years, you only get the money you never received from the first relegation. It means that there is 1 season where you can comeback up and go back down without receiving any parachute payments, Aston Villa cameback up in that season.

They introduced a new rules at the end of last season. Now if you comeback and go back down within 5 years, you only get the money you never received from the first relegation. It means that there is 1 season where you can comeback up and go back down without receiving any parachute payments, Aston Villa cameback up in that season.

Does this mean we've currently used a year under this rule?

Does this mean we've currently used a year under this rule?

Yes. So if we went down this season then would only get year 2 (and 3 if we don’t comeback up) of parachute payments. If we went down next season though, we would start again with the parachute payments.

I don't think Villa will go down, probably 16th-17th. Southampton are terminal, its only a matter of time they finally go down

Not sure about this. Overall they are bad but they have Ings who scores goals so I think they will stay up.