Pre-season 19-20: Newcastle 2-1 AS Saint-Étienne

joeyt

Guest chopey

I've been offered two free tickets for tomorrow's match from someone I know who works at SJP. Honestly considering going as I won't be supporting Ashley and it'll be hilarious to see how dead the stadium is.

Do you talk at a sponsored silence to see how quiet it is?

I've been offered two free tickets for tomorrow's match from someone I know who works at SJP. Honestly considering going as I won't be supporting Ashley and it'll be hilarious to see how dead the stadium is.

Take tickets, don't use them. Two more empty seats.

Take tickets, don't use them. Two more empty seats.

Very good shout :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

My nephew got a call earlier while with me, his cousin through his work were given free tickets so they are all going and we were invited to the match. “Chris won’t go, but I’ll ask him anyway and try and get him to come” I politely declined and told my nephew to go and enjoy the match as he’s had some shitty luck lately and it’s a rare day out with his old man and some of his other relatives who are going.

I would have enjoyed the craic as well, but I’m sticking to my principles. I genuinely hope they enjoy the match though as they are all Toon fans and wouldn’t pay to go if they didn’t have free tickets anyway as they hate Ashley too.

I’m not as hard on those going to friendlies regardless to be honest, they are ideal for taking kids to their first match and canny enough value in terms of a day out with mates etc.

I did it with my two a few years back for their first match. Helps when Rafa is the manager mind. I didn’t even give going today a second thought, I actually thought urgh, fuck that :(

Hate this fucking take the kids excuse. Ooooh the kids.

Just say no ffs. Right fucking cop out.

Yep. Surely the main parenting quality being displayed in its fullest. Instilling values and principles.

Guest Howaythetoon

Hate this fucking take the kids excuse. Ooooh the kids.

Just say no ffs. Right fucking cop out.

I know a few who will be taking their kids today for their first match, I did 2 years ago so I’m not one to judge anyone going to a friendly. I won’t take them ever again though.

Never quite understand the “not for me to judge” stance. Surely it’s just human for us to judge when we feel the need to. That’s how we get through life. Making judgments.

Anyway I’m sat in the Spanish sun with neesy111[/member] drinking alcohol so bare that in mind before you judge me :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Never quite understand the “not for me to judge” stance. Surely it’s just human for us to judge when we feel the need to. That’s how we get through life. Making judgments.

Anyway I’m sat in the Spanish sun with neesy111[/member] drinking alcohol so bare that in mind before you judge me :lol:

I guess people get a pass for friendlies.

Unlike a Premier League or cup figure, there’s going to be more of a competitive feel to a friendly anyway for those going.

Again though, I’m not going to question anyone going to a friendly, why they would pay to watch this shite full stop is crazy of course, but I’ve used friendly matches in the past under Ashley to take my kids to, sit with a few mates in the sun or to see what these new players are like.

Never again though will I set foot inside St. James’ Park or go and watch Mike Ashley FC play, not even for free or on telly, in support of his team. I’d rather cheer on the other team if I was to go/watch.

Guest Howaythetoon

You’ve got the life of Riley you Paul btw ha ha, enjoy and say hello to Mr nasty111 from me and my kitchen ;)