Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I'll be buying a ticket and visit Newcastle for only the second time in my life if this goes through. Time to start saving up these Canadian dollars which are worth 1/100th of your disgusting sterling.

:lol: My first match is next season. The Pound will be a peso by then so I'll live like Xerxes.

Is there anywhere I can read what has been done at City? (Outside of buying all the good players).

He built the academy next to the Etihad. This provides facilities to locals playing football, from the senior team to the youth, and even woman’s teams. They have a stadium there that would be the envy of some League 1 clubs, and others that would exceed the quality of lower and non-league teams.

The whole campus site takes up a considerable size of the city, probably comparable to the size of the Newcastle University campus.

Lately they have also been building local affordable housing and other facilities in typically poor and run down areas of Manchester.

You are underplaying that a bit there Srif when I moved to Manchester in 2011 that eastern part of Manchester was a real dive and very undesirable. Mansour has literally transformed that region, house price are shooting up faster than any other part of Manchester.

Just been on totalsport someone txt In saying its on the news in Dubai that nothing will be announced during Ramadan so could be a wait

Also couple mackems want Ashley to buy them :lol:

Guest Open_C

I wonder if they've still got the old Newcastle United letters that went on the East Stand under the flags.  Ashley even managed to make that look shit :lol:

I'll be buying a ticket and visit Newcastle for only the second time in my life if this goes through. Time to start saving up these Canadian dollars which are worth 1/100th of your disgusting sterling.

:lol: My first match is next season. The Pound will be a peso by then so I'll live like Xerxes.

bhahahhaha - live like xerxes

Guest Open_C

Just been on totalsport someone txt In saying its on the news in Dubai that nothing will be announced during Ramadan so could be a wait

They've already announced a fuckload of stuff though

I would honestly be happy with a team that can spend its own wedge and doesn't have to worry about relegation every season.  Can have an occasional pop at top 6 and a decent crack at any cups.

why didnt they say that in their statement to the chronicle?

Fucking hell, last time I read this section we were on page 990 or something of the other thread :lol: sounds very promising this. At this stage I don't even care who the guy buying it is, I refuse to believe he can be worse than Ashley

why didnt they say that in their statement to the chronicle?

Dunno mate, just passing on what was said.

I have this horrible feeling that this will all fall through and Rafa will leave. Imagine that scenario  man from what we have been imagining could happen to us today.

Don't even understand why they would send an email to the Chronicle??

They sent it to all major groups that have been reporting it in the UK. Basically every who reached out to them.

Guest neesy111

Don't even understand why they would send an email to the Chronicle??

List of contacts for a press release most likely.