Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Dunno if it's just on account of the local journos making themselves look a bit daft as they clamber over one another trying to figure stuff out, but this is all starting to feel a bit silly. On reflection, surely it's pretty strange behaviour for a buying party to go excitedly running to the nearest tabloid shouting "we've bought a football club!!" when the deal is in fact miles away from being completed. Kinda losing confidence in the whole thing and starting to get anxious in the context of sorting Rafa's contract out, along with the transfer window.

I agree the longer it goes on like this the less likely it is to be true sadly.  More and more dodgy things coming out, and whilst I hope its true I now am sure its not :(

From 16 hours ago, but just seen this. My God has Luke been annoying in all of this. Bet he's made a dart board with that the Sun journalist on it.

Luke is losing any credibility he still had by now jumping on any tweets that he sees reliable without doing any due diligance of his own. Pathetic lazy journalist for you right there.

From 16 hours ago, but just seen this. My God has Luke been annoying in all of this. Bet he's made a dart board with that the Sun journalist on it.

How quickly did he expect it to unravel? It's taken 3 fucking days, with every journo in the country on it, Maye if just one of them valued journalism over their own inflated sense of importance, they would have done some proper journalism, instead of partaking in the national pastime of online oneupmanship.

The Jabroni beatin’, LALALA, kabsa eatin’, briefcase carryin’, cousin marryin’, turban wearin’, human rights not carin’... taking the Toon to the top with Rafa or without so know your role and SHUT YOUR MOUTH... the most electrifying man in all of football ownership, The People's Sheikh... Khalid.

[/the quote]

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HIS NAME IS

Aye they’ve been tweeting some weird childish responses too.

They know people know they know nothing. I think many on here could do their job with ease. Few club contacts garnered because yes, they are the local press. Other than that they don't bring a whole lot to the table.

What people forget is that it’s not just Luke Edwards working freelance, it is the Telegraph, an institution with worldwide contacts. It is Edwards job to operate the machine but there will be people within the telegraph business or Middle East departments who will be working hard to research, delve into their contacts, and find stuff out.

This is another classic Mike Ashley smoke screen, man.  :lol:

If it is, I don't know what is it he is clutching on to us so much that he would go to these lengths. Probably the best smokescreen he has used on us so far.

Not going to happen, it's more Keith Bishop bullshit

It's fucking not man.

I'm not saying it'll happen but Keith Bishop isn't the PR overlord people seem to think he is.

Do you really think he has the clout to tell sheikhs to pretend they're buying a football club just to lead a fanbase on?