Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest godzilla

Thank God something positive from NE journos.

I mentioned before how all the media outlets are stonely death quiet. Think they might have just realised that this is atually serious and is happening.

I mentioned before how all the media outlets are stonely death quiet. Think they might have just realised that this is atually serious and is happening.

What’s the logic here? I dont get it.

Quiet because they realised its happening? Whats the idea from a journalist’s perspective?

Aye, everyone worrying, please don’t. It’ll happen. It’s just a matter of sorting through the mess of Ashley’s holding companies. Especially the ones he’s not a director of.

Lee Charnley is Director of 30 of them. 4 of those have been dissolved in the last few days. That’s not counting the 2 or 3 of Mike Ashley’s that Charnley isn’t a director of as well. Project Newco 40 etc..

So I think that’s actually 6 or 7 companies dissolved in the last few days as opposed to the 4 that have been reported.

Quiet because they realised its happening? Whats the idea from a journalist’s perspective?

They tried to pour cold water on it when the Sun guy broke the story.

As time has moved on they’ve gone quiet. That coupled with the no comment situation from the club suggests something is happening that the local guys are struggling to find out

Guest chopey

It's amazing how rumours suddenly become fact.  Years ago before Denis Bergkamp joined Arsenal I rang a mate at work, but he was in a meeting so i asked woman who took the call to tell him I reckoned the toon were going to sign Bergkamp.  Two days later there's a photo in the chronic showing nufc shirt in the back seat of a directors car with Bergkamps name on the shirt.

Was Baggio.

Aye, it was a practical joke played by Douglas Hall.

Guest godzilla

When you have been posting s**** and making yourself look like an absolute shitehawk, the logic is to actually keep quiet and find out what's actually happening before making yourself look even more of a shitehawk. Or why is it after continuously playing things down and quoting source after source saying basically nothing was happening, they suddenly stop even though the news of the new company was only two days ago.

It's amazing how rumours suddenly become fact.  Years ago before Denis Bergkamp joined Arsenal I rang a mate at work, but he was in a meeting so i asked woman who took the call to tell him I reckoned the toon were going to sign Bergkamp.  Two days later there's a photo in the chronic showing nufc shirt in the back seat of a directors car with Bergkamps name on the shirt.

Was Baggio.

No it wasn't. It was Bergkamp. I remember it well cos I was gutted that he went on to become an Arsenal legend. 

Was Baggio.

No it wasn't. It was Bergkamp. I remember it well cos I was gutted that he went on to become an Arsenal legend.

The shirt in the directors car was Baggio. 100%. I know this as i he was my art project in high school around the time this happened.

Nut knows:

https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=58600.msg1608813#msg1608813

Been out of action for a couple of days folks, any news to report?

Thread title. And also 6 or 7 of Ashley’s registered companies connected with the club have been dissolved.

Been out of action for a couple of days folks, any news to report?

CountyDurhamMag has adopted Gallowgate Ends posting style but without the investigative nature, he remains convinced this is an Ashley masterstroke.

Couple of the regular posters are off to the Lake District on holiday.

TBG has got big problems with his Mazda.

James reckons its all on hold, at least for a few days, because a bus crashed in Abu Dhabi, or Dubai, I wasn't really paying too much attention, but 17 people died so its quite sad anyway.

The skipful of SD signs has been emptied and replaced with TWO empty ones.

That's about it I think..

Ok so genuine question. What will people's opinions on it all be if we are in exactly the same position in 2 weeks time with nothing at all happening and Rafas contract a week away fron ending.

What would the reaction be if Ashley comes out in 3 weeks and says we are stuck together and there was never any serious bids and they were all wasting his time.

Ok so genuine question. What will people's opinions on it all be if we are in exactly the same position in 2 weeks time with nothing at all happening and Rafas contract a week away fron ending.

What would the reaction be if Ashley comes out in 3 weeks and says we are stuck together and there was never any serious bids and they were all wasting his time.

Fuck off with this indulgent nonsense. Let’s see where we are in 2 weeks time.