Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest godzilla

Sad but I think Penn knows his s*** based on his record.

Kind of expected but still hurts to have been so close :(

I know John Carver very well as he has been one of my brother's best friends since they were young. would he f*** give any confidential information out though.

Deal has fallen apart. Khaled had two representatives in London working on the deal. Notified Ashley this afternoon that interest has been withdrawn and are about to board a flight back to Dubai as we speak. True story.

And Elvis has been spotted singing karaoke in a pub in East London. True story.

From the chronicle amongst waffle about the advertising boards

“The Bin Zayed Group remain confident in private that they are making progress in their bid to buy Newcastle, though at least two other groups are also understood to have held discussions with Mike Ashley lawyers over the past month-and-a-half.

One thing that was clarified behind the scenes at the AGM was that the Premier League are still yet to formally begin the owners' and directors' test - incorrectly referred to as the 'fit-and-proper-persons test' by the Bin Zayed Group in one of their statements last week - though a 'heads of terms' letter signed by Ashley and Sheikh Khaled has been received by the top flight's governing body. (CW)”

“The Bin Zayed Group remain confident in private that they are making progress in their bid to buy Newcastle, though at least two other groups are also understood to have held discussions with Mike Ashley lawyers over the past month-and-a-half.

One thing that was clarified behind the scenes at the AGM was that the Premier League are still yet to formally begin the owners' and directors' test - incorrectly referred to as the 'fit-and-proper-persons test' by the Bin Zayed Group in one of their statements last week - though a 'heads of terms' letter signed by Ashley and Sheikh Khaled has been received by the top flight's governing body. (CW)”

:rant:

So what does that mean?

Am I being stupid here? Why would the PL inform anybody if indeed they were going through the test?

They wouldn't, but you'd think the Bin Zayed Group would seeing as they have been so adamant to the press that they are for real and are buying us. All they have released is a vague statement so I think it's safe to assume they haven't reached that stage yet.

They confirmed they have received the heads of terms though? How do the Chron know this I wonder, or are they just making this shit up as well? None of this info is in the public domain following the AGM is it?

Am I being stupid here? Why would the PL inform anybody if indeed they were going through the test?

They wouldn't, but you'd think the Bin Zayed Group would seeing as they have been so adamant to the press that they are for real and are buying us. All they have released is a vague statement so I think it's safe to assume they haven't reached that stage yet.

:lol: :lol:

Aye, no bother, they will just live stream the whole thing.

Also, their statements weren't vague.