Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

No fucking way do i want Rafa to leave he has a plan to stay here until he probably retires has brought the fans/Media together and made signings people never rated improve massively  , Mou would fuck that all up within two seasons and walk away

Aye, love Rafa but if getting rid of Ashley means Rafa leaving then unfortunately I'd take that.. ?

100%....and this is the only fuckin club in the world where we have to think of this type of situation.

Absolute shit storm constantly.

It's a moot point and a non starter. Rafa is almost as much of an asset and attraction buying the club than the clubs potential.

I get the bring in your own people mantra but it's pretty clear in this case there is no need.

In almost every way it would be a disaster not bringing Rafa back. Immediate alienation of fans and no guarantees even Mourinho would be a success while Rafa has the players, staff and public eating out of his hand.

Not ruling out a Big Sam style exit if he doesn't work for the owners though.

Barring a complete clash in philosophy and support in rafas conversation with new owners he will be here. Still think however this will run and he will be out of contract before new owners are in.

Aye, love Rafa but if getting rid of Ashley means Rafa leaving then unfortunately I'd take that.. ?

As much as I'd be gutted to see Rafa leave, I have to agree with this.

Guest covmag

I would miss Rafa, but if it meant FCB going yes I'd want it.

Rafa is a wonderful bloke, that I would miss, with each passing day it's more n more likely hes a gonna.

Agreed. And, heck, same. In order of preference.

1. Ashley Goes, Rafa Stays.

2. Ashley Goes, Rafa Goes

3. Ashley Stays, Rafa Stays

4. The world literally explodes.

5. Ashley Stays, Rafa Goes

This bit tho. Ffs :lol: so so bored of this now

Advisors representing the Sheikh insists his £350million offer for the Premier League club is genuine, although their current owner Mike Ashley has yet to see any proof of the takeover funds.

Let's say the takeover is finished on say 10th of july and Rafa is out of contract. He is still free to sign a new contract with us. I don't get why it's so much focus on Rafas contract. First thing first. The most inportant thing is to get the takeover done. Rafas contract is a later issue. Just hope BZG is talking to Rafa if they want him to stay.

Guest chopey

Just seems like history repeating itself like with Shearer, contract runs out and he just walks away, if anyone was bothered they would have panicked and offered Rafa a new contract when the Celtic and Roma jobs were offered to him.

I also think Rafas stock has falling massively since he became associated with us and he will never be offered the really big jobs again, we need him every bit as he needs us but it looks like it's not to be.

Just seems like history repeating itself like with Shearer, contract runs out and he just walks away, if anyone was bothered they would have panicked and offered Rafa a new contract when the Celtic and Roma jobs were offered to him.

I also think Rafas stock has falling massively since he became associated with us and he will never be offered the really big jobs again, we need him every bit as he needs us but it looks like it's not to be.

Maybe it's Rafa who doesn't want to sign a new contract as long as Ashley is here. As long as the new owners wants him to stay it's no rush for him to sign anything now. Just in case he signs now and then Ashley pulls the plug on the takeover.

You would have to assume that someone thinks the takeover will be done before Rafa's contract expires.

Either the takeover falls through and Rafa decides on his future with Ashley or the takeover happens and (hopefully) Rafa is offered a different vision by the new lot.

I see the press have returned to saying there's been no proof of funds.

Slow news day. They know we're guaranteed hits.

That Mirror article about Mourinho basically says he's out of work, worked for Sir Bobby Robson and would talk to BZG IF they approached him. Could replace Mourinho with John Carver and it's the same article. Absolutely nothing of any substance. 

I see the press have returned to saying there's been no proof of funds.

Means they have nothing new to report on. Best just ignore it and don't waste your time reading a single article on the subject.  Post more gifs if anything.

giphy.gif