Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Are folk still seriously being strung along by this horseshit?

"A fee has been agreed"

"They're going through the Fit & Proper person test"

"A statement will be released in the next 24 hours"

"No wait, in the next few days"

Just one load of garbage after another from random 2-bit "journos", ITKs and fucking dentists and radio hosts  :lol:

Honest question here, at what point do you accept this is all bollocks? How many days? Another week? Two? Deadline day?

Think only 3 or 4 people on here still think it’d going to happen to be fair

I still there’s a fair chance

Same man. Far more likely than Ashley staging an elaborate hoax, involving arabs and Companies House, that he didn't need to stage

Yep, that’s full on tin foil hat territory

Aye, the shite about it being staged by Ashley/Bishop is exactly that...Shite.

I think there's a chance we get taken over still, until I hear a definitive statement saying otherwise.  However I think it's definitely the less likely outcome, the other being Ashley just puts a block on it all soon.

Guest godzilla

"A fee has been agreed"

Just one load of garbage after another from random 2-bit "journos", ITKs and f***ing dentists and radio hosts  :lol:

Honest question here, at what point do you accept this is all bollocks? How many days? Another week? Two? Deadline day?

When it's official and nobody has done that yet. Wait for an official statement from the club, BZG or joint. As someone posted a few posts ago it came out about both Staveley and Kenyon. You can rant, say garbage all you want but you haven't a clue what is actually happening and until something comes out (and it will soon) everyone is in the position of not knowing.

This. So many people saying it's bollocks, likely just to soften the blow when it falls through. I still think something is going on, and while I'm not 100% that a takeover will happen (obviously), I am cautiously optimistic. Idiotic, I know....

If I'm being honest, the whole thing is driving me crackers but that's only because it's the final bit of hope to cling on to.  Hopefully no news is good news, but it'll become far more problematic the longer it drags on as time is running out to get both a decent manager and quality players in. We must now be, at the very most, days away from a point where either the sale goes through or the plug is pulled.

Totally agree it is getting to the stage where if there is a takeover, it has to be completed soon to have the necessary impact. We have to wait for that official announcement and it will come soon in my opinion either way.

I think the reason Ashley desperately wanted Rafa to stay was precisiely because he really, really does not want to sell, and as long as Rafa was here he knew he would always have a mid-table club, thus allowing him to stay on the gravy-train. Rafa eventually realised this and stopped communicating with the club. Ashley realises he has "lost", spits out his dummy and promptly "sacks" Benitez by releasing the statement without telling Rafa it was happening. Now he is in a postion where he has 1 month to find a manager, sign new players and try to steer through a media shit-storm and supporter revolt as he has allowed the takeover story to rumble on without comment.

If Rafa had signed that contract we would have been taken off the market, I am certain of it. Now that he is gone though I think the chances of us being sold to BZG have increased. It just depends on if Ashley can use the logical side of his brain or if his inner man-child will once again run riot.

I'm pretty certain Ashley had no intention of keeping Rafa. Ashley doesn't change and he doesn't budge - it's a case of do what he says and don't kick up a fuss or jog on.

Rafa was too popular, had too much power and held too many cards. That was never going to work for the fat man.

I think the reason Ashley desperately wanted Rafa to stay was precisiely because he really, really does not want to sell, and as long as Rafa was here he knew he would always have a mid-table club, thus allowing him to stay on the gravy-train. Rafa eventually realised this and stopped communicating with the club. Ashley realises he has "lost", spits out his dummy and promptly "sacks" Benitez by releasing the statement without telling Rafa it was happening. Now he is in a postion where he has 1 month to find a manager, sign new players and try to steer through a media shit-storm and supporter revolt as he has allowed the takeover story to rumble on without comment.

If Rafa had signed that contract we would have been taken off the market, I am certain of it. Now that he is gone though I think the chances of us being sold to BZG have increased. It just depends on if Ashley can use the logical side of his brain or if his inner man-child will once again run riot.

:spit:

Every dog has it's day.  :lol:

I don't go on Twitter, have people just been relentlessly harassing him about the statement? :lol:

I get that people are desperate for good news, but do people really think they're going to get anything extra/some sort of exclusive by hounding him?  Or if people are calling it bullshit, at least give it till the end of the week.  Like the whole Midhat Whatsapp carry on, I just don't get it.

I’m with you mate. It’s utterly embarrassing, especially the Midhat stuff. Potentially very counter productive as well.

"A fee has been agreed"

Just one load of garbage after another from random 2-bit "journos", ITKs and f***ing dentists and radio hosts  :lol:

Think only 3 or 4 people on here still think it’s going to happen to be fair

Weather different today is it  :lol: :lol:

My opinion has been the same for last few days and will remain the same until we get some definative positive news

"A fee has been agreed"

Just one load of garbage after another from random 2-bit "journos", ITKs and fucking dentists and radio hosts  :lol:

Same man. Far more likely than Ashley staging an elaborate hoax, involving arabs and Companies House, that he didn't need to stage

Nobody actually believes that it's a hoax/setup etc, just that there's no way Ashley is going to sell.

"A fee has been agreed"

Nobody actually believes that it's a hoax/setup etc, just that there's no way Ashley is going to sell.

Read the thread.

A takeover failing can happen and I don't doubt it's actually just as likely as a sale in this scenario. But just because Ashley's a cunt.

What I do doubt reject - and I repeat myself with this, I know - is the silly notion (now, thankfully, mostly quashed) that any failed takeover was all some scooby-doo scheme by Bishop; like if you pull off Midhat's mask it's one of Keith's cronies and the ghost that chased off Rafa was just a sheet on some fishing line.

:lol:

You had me at Scooby Doo

"A fee has been agreed"

Aye, the shite about it being staged by Ashley/Bishop is exactly that...Shite.

I think there's a chance we get taken over still, until I hear a definitive statement saying otherwise.  However I think it's definitely the less likely outcome, the other being Ashley just puts a block on it all soon.

Yep. That’s it. Nothing else needs to be said.

"A fee has been agreed"

Exactly. Complete straw man. Over the 12 years of Ashley's ownership there have been numerous seriously interested parties, and they have all been disappointed in the end by Ashley moving the goal posts. Ashley or his PR goons don't have to create smoke and dagger scenarios of interest in the club to help alleviate the pressure on them, because the interest is genuine and has always been there. It suits them to keep the media and fans in awaited suspense while they obviously have no inclination whatsoever to go through with any sale, or at least not until somebody puts in an offer that is too good to refuse, because whilst this is the case they can get away with leeching the club for their own interests whilst simultaneously running it into the ground for everybody with a proper affinity towards it.

"A fee has been agreed"

Exactly. Complete straw man. Over the 12 years of Ashley's ownership there have been numerous seriously interested parties, and they have all been disappointed in the end by Ashley moving the goal posts. Ashley or his PR goons don't have to create smoke and dagger scenarios of interest in the club to help alleviate the pressure on them, because the interest is genuine and has always been there. It suits them to keep the media and fans in awaited suspense while they obviously have no inclination whatsoever to go through with any sale, or at least not until somebody puts in an offer that is too good to refuse, because whilst this is the case they can get away with leeching the club for their own interests whilst simultaneously running it into the ground for everybody with a proper affinity towards it.

Hopefully though this time he has dug himself into a hole he cannot get out of. If he pulls the plug then BZG need to hang him out to dry.

"A fee has been agreed"

Hopefully though this time he has dug himself into a hole he cannot get out of. If he pulls the plug then BZG need to hang him out to dry.

Like he’ll give a fuck.

As far as the fans are concerned there’s a decent minority who think Benítez is a mercenary.

You can forget any big protest about 3-4 games in, as usual

"A fee has been agreed"

Like he’ll give a fuck.

As far as the fans are concerned there’s a decent minority who think Benítez is a mercenary.

True. But if nothing else it will finallly destroy the myth that nobody has put in a proper bid. He won't be able to lie about that anymore.

It would be an “easy out” to Ashley if he can still sell to BZG now. I mean I can’t imagine how can the club survive this season if it’s still under Ashley.

It would be an “easy out” to Ashley if he can still sell to BZG now. I mean I can’t imagine how can the club survive this season if it’s still under Ashley.

This is what I’m hoping is his evil plan leave us in terrible trouble with a new owner while cashing out at the highest price.

= Mike Ashley wins in his head.

"A fee has been agreed"

Like he’ll give a fuck.

I think they have a point I guess, he never really loved us like Mike does. I mean yeah, ok Mike does beat us around a bit and he's got a nasty temper you know, but I think he`s got our best interests at heart.

Anyway, I renewed earlier today & ive treated meself to the new home top & some uber-generous 44 ounce denims. Lifes not all bad 

"A fee has been agreed"

Like he’ll give a fuck.

True. But if nothing else it will finallly destroy the myth that nobody has put in a proper bid. He won't be able to lie about that anymore.

A myth that nobody has put a bid in? :lol:

Serious bids have been going in this black hole of a club for a decade (!) now, i.e. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8137156.stm

Not long after of course those bids collapsed. Steve McMahon, a spokesman for one of the bidders had this to say at the time:

“We have pulled out. How long can you keep hanging on? We have put a bid in and we have had no communication, no response – nothing.

“‘It really is poor form from Newcastle, but if that’s the way they want to run their business, good luck to them.

“‘I just feel sorry for the supporters – they deserve much, much better. They deserve to know what is going on. We wanted to come in and turn the club round because it clearly needs something at the minute.’

“McMahon has also rejected suggestions that the Profitable Group had never provided proof of funds. ‘That is completely inaccurate.’“

10 years and counting and we've seen the exact same act played out before us numerous times since. It's a piss take, it really is. And our fans just either forget or just don't particularly care as he gets away with it every single time. :tickedoff:

"A fee has been agreed"

Like he’ll give a fuck.

Serious bids have been going in this black hole of a club for a decade (!) now, i.e. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8137156.stm

Not long after of course those bids collapsed. Steve McMahon, a spokesman for one of the bidders had this to say at the time:

“We have pulled out. How long can you keep hanging on? We have put a bid in and we have had no communication, no response – nothing.

“‘It really is poor form from Newcastle, but if that’s the way they want to run their business, good luck to them.

“‘I just feel sorry for the supporters – they deserve much, much better. They deserve to know what is going on. We wanted to come in and turn the club round because it clearly needs something at the minute.’

“McMahon has also rejected suggestions that the Profitable Group had never provided proof of funds. ‘That is completely inaccurate.’“

10 years and counting and we've seen the exact same act played out before us numerous times since. It's a piss take, it really is. And our fans just either forget or just don't particularly care as he gets away with it every single time. :tickedoff:

Wow, I had forgot all about the McMahon offer.  :rolleyes:

The only way Ashley is going to leave is in a denim coffin.

This is what I’m hoping is his evil plan leave us in terrible trouble with a new owner while cashing out at the highest price.

= Mike Ashley wins in his head.

But the opposite is what will happen. He will stay. Sell players he receive bids for, and gamble on yet another survival. Which I hope goes to hell.

"A fee has been agreed"

Like he’ll give a fuck.

Wow, I had forgot all about the McMahon offer.  :rolleyes:

The only way Ashley is going to leave is in a denim coffin.

No need to be picky, any sort of coffin will suffice. Personally i favour a Viking funeral just in case he has Catalepsy.