Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

:lol:

It just has all the hallmarks of a classic Ashley fuck up... I say fuck up, as that's what it is to us fans, but to Ashley, it's exactly his plan.  Tell bare faced lies about the people wanting to buy, and face no repercussions for said lies from fans or media.  He can literally do what he wants.

To me, it's as good as over now.  Another buyer being fucked off.

Clock just keeps ticking toward the usual Ashley conclusion and ultimately relegation. How long would it take for a new administration to get into gear from now even?  Long enough to keep us up? 

Could be a chance Ashley has been planning to fuck us and them over but Rafa threw a huge spanner in the works and has left him in an untenable situation. Now Ashley is going back to the buyers in attempt to get the deal over the line.

Ticket sales, strip sales, general opininon and morale will all be rock bottom and he knows hes under huge pressure now to rescue this season and any more bad moves will see him wipe £100m+ off the club and this time very little to suggest the fans will help bring it back round.

It’s not worth the gamble, it makes too much sense to get rid now he’s painted himself in to a corner.

Surely if he was that bothered about the chance of Rafa leaving he’d have had his contract sorted out earlier by giving into Rafa’s reasonable requests? Or at least given into them in the final week of his contract just in case Rafa quit.

That bloke and Caulkin are the only two I’m taking notice of now.

I’ll get burned but I also trust Ryder at least in that he is reporting what he is being told.  His sources are most likely in the club.  Situation is one of:

- Newcastle saying no bid as there is no bid & buyer playing games

- Ashley playing games & seller being messed around

So as per usual we basically know fuck all but the most likely outcome, based on past windows, is absolutely fuck all will happen.

I’ll get burned but I also trust Ryder at least in that he is reporting what he is being told.  His sources are most likely in the club.  Situation is one of:

So as per usual we basically know fuck all but the most likely outcome, based on past windows, is absolutely fuck all will happen.

I don’t think anyone disagrees that Ryder is just regurgitating blindly what he’s being told by his club source (who lets face it has to be Charnley or Bishop). Ryder and the Chron are just useful idiots for the club and are used to distribute their misinformation.

Surely if he was that bothered about the chance of Rafa leaving he’d have had his contract sorted out earlier by giving into Rafa’s reasonable requests? Or at least given into them in the final week of his contract just in case Rafa quit.

More arrogance than anything else. Rafa rejected jobs like Celtic, Marseille, no jobs better in England currently going and China, nee way Rafa would go there.

Howay man, how can you say 'the situation is one of' those? :lol:

Are you really not sure which one it is?

He may have thought we'd not down tools. We haven't in the past...

KK, Shearer, Hughton going.

Kinnear and Pardew coming in. Sports Direct Arena.

Why would he think this time would be any different?

We've been mugs for 11 years.

More arrogance than anything else. Rafa rejected jobs like Celtic, Marseille, no jobs better in England currently going and China, nee way Rafa would go there.

Yeah I can see the arrogance bit. Just thought if his shady plans really did hinge on Rafa staying then he’d have had to give in to Rafa’s demands.

I don’t think anyone disagrees that Ryder is just regurgitating blindly what he’s being told by his club source (who lets face it has to be Charnley or Bishop). Ryder and the Chron are just useful idiots for the club and are used to distribute their misinformation.

?

Yeah I can see the arrogance bit. Just thought if his shady plans really did hinge on Rafa staying then he’d have had to give in to Rafa’s demands.

He probably believes deep down his offer was amazing and Rafa was just playing games just like he does.

I think tonight we will be drinking either way. Celebration or commiserations, today we will get some big info.

He probably believes deep down his offer was amazing and Rafa was just playing games just like he does.

I think tonight we will be drinking either way. Celebration or commiserations, today we will get some big info.

Yeah probably. He’s a massive gambler after all. Can’t see this particular gamble coming off though in terms of us staying in the premier league. Even Rafa would probably not be able to keep this lot up without major new signings. (Signings, remember them? :lol:)

But then again, he’d get the parachute payments to trouser and gamble on us coming back up before they end.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but literally nothing happens in Arab countries on Fridays. It's their holy day, and they take that incredibly seriously. Getting anyone to work on a Friday is like trying to get people in the UK to work on Christmas day.

Yeah probably. He’s a massive gambler after all. Can’t see this particular gamble coming off though in terms of us staying in the premier league. Even Rafa would probably not be able to keep this lot up without major new signings. (Signings, remember them? :lol:)

Charnley would have been feeding back it was all in hand, Ashley believing him. Sure someone said there was a bit of friction between the two over the Rafa exit, would tie up with my thoughts.

No back room staff, 30 odd days left in the window, players wanting out, 2 top goal scorers gone, fans not renewing and a proposed takeover over shadowing proceedings...it will take Obama levels of intelligence, leadership and charm to get this club turned round without new owners. We’ll end up with another Trump.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but literally nothing happens in Arab countries on Fridays. It's their holy day, and they take that incredibly seriously. Getting anyone to work on a Friday is like trying to get people in the UK to work on Christmas day.

They are also in a 3-day period of mourning after the Crown Prince of Sharjah died. Might have an effect too.

They are also in a 3-day period of morning after the Crown Prince of Sharjah died. Might have an effect too.

Ffs  :'(

Then we will be into the weekend as followed by the western hemisphere so nothing will get done until Monday.

Rinse and repeat next Thursday etc.