Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

In the event that BZG come out and say something,  is there a chance its done and dusted and no one had a sniff of it? Im not sure what the actual process is after the fit and proper test, but is a statement needed to say its done or can all the process just be done and only then it is announced? Find it weird no one has an actual clue what has been going in from start to finish.

It’s the ‘waiting on premier league’ they told Peter Redding last week that gives me the slightest hope. Other than that I’m not hopeful at all

Guest godzilla

In the event that BZG come out and say something,  is there a chance its done and dusted and no one had a sniff of it? Im not sure what the actual process is after the fit and proper test, but is a statement needed to say its done or can all the process just be done and only then it is announced? Find it weird no one has an actual clue what has been going in from start to finish.

It’s the ‘waiting on premier league’ they told Peter Redding last week that gives me the slightest hope. Other than that I’m not hopeful at all

Needs them to issue this statement now really as it's getting beyond a joke. He said a few days, well it's getting to the stage where that few days has gone. The positive is that IF this statement is coming out, then if it was to say that the takeover is off then it would have been released straight away as no need to 'wait for a few days' for that.

Needs them to issue this statement now really as it's getting beyond a joke. He said a few days, well it's getting to the stage where that few days has gone. The positive is that IF this statement is coming out then if it was to say that the takeover is off then it would have been released straight away as not need to 'wait for a few days' for that.

Unless they’ve set Ashley a deadline to accept their bid. Which would be sensible as they don’t want it dragging on and then not having time to buy players

BZG need to come out with this alleged statement asap as it's getting pathetic now these claims and counter claims. This one needs to be put to bed one way or another now.

It's been put to bed about 4 weeks ago man

Guest godzilla

BZG need to come out with this alleged statement asap as it's getting pathetic now these claims and counter claims. This one needs to be put to bed one way or another now.

It's been put to bed about 4 weeks ago man

Proof? Nothing official and until there is nobody knows what is happening 'man'

Guest godzilla

Needs them to issue this statement now really as it's getting beyond a joke. He said a few days, well it's getting to the stage where that few days has gone. The positive is that IF this statement is coming out then if it was to say that the takeover is off then it would have been released straight away as not need to 'wait for a few days' for that.

Unless they’ve set Ashley a deadline to accept their bid. Which would be sensible as they don’t want it dragging on and then not having time to buy players

If that's the case why did they release their original statement as it said all agreed.

If that's the case why did they release their original statement as it said all agreed.

If it was as simple as all agreed we’d have new owners by now with Rafa taking preseason. It’s becoming increasingly likely Ashley had a few clauses in there

Needs them to issue this statement now really as it's getting beyond a joke. He said a few days, well it's getting to the stage where that few days has gone. The positive is that IF this statement is coming out, then if it was to say that the takeover is off then it would have been released straight away as no need to 'wait for a few days' for that.

Agree, think we all need to now know, one way or another.  The whole thing has become a bit obsessive with me and I just want it out of the way.  I do think something is going on, but whether it's negotiations with BZG or not is another matter.  Part of me thinks the "no bid" leaks are one last bit of deliberate trolling, it can only be detrimental to the club in terms of ticket sales but if he's selling the club then he wouldn't care.

If this takeover actually goes through, godzilla deserves some sort of "true believer" custom status. His loyalty to our future benefactors is insane infuriating admirable.

Still a more logical belief than Keith Bishop as some cut rate Moriarty controlling everything from the shadows.

If this takeover actually goes through, godzilla deserves some sort of "true believer" custom status. His loyalty to our future benefactors is insane infuriating admirable.

Still a more logical belief than Keith Bishop as some cut rate Moriarty controlling everything from the shadows.

Does anyone genuinely think that?

They may have thought it was agreed.  But Mike Ashley.

Valid question.

Guest godzilla

No I'm just waiting for official announcements. Any 'latest update' from any journalist source, twitter ITK, gobshite either supporting or rubbishing the takeover and this place swings like a pendulum with opinions and counter opinions, conspiracy theories and just plain bollocks. I've always from day one said we need for it officially to come out. It does need BZG to release this statement (if indeed there is one as again it's from a Twitter radio presenter and the Gazette). The claims and counter claims need to be ended one way or the other by a statement from BZG or the club or jointly.

Valid question.

Well there were definitely a few earlier in this whole mess, seem to be quiet now.

Guest godzilla

They may have thought it was agreed.  But Mike Ashley.

You maybe right nobody knows, so my next question is where is this statement from BZG saying this as I'm sure for their reputation they would want to put things straight.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is nothing but a PR stunt for BZG paid for to Ashley at just the right time before all the shit went down

Come on lads, its been stinking of bullshit practically throughout.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is nothing but a PR stunt for BZG paid for to Ashley at just the right time before all the shit went down

Come on lads, its been stinking of bullshit practically throughout.

Ok, there is one. :lol:

No I'm just waiting for official announcements. Any 'latest update' from any journalist source, twitter ITK, gobshite either supporting or rubbishing the takeover and this place swings like a pendulum with opinions and counter opinions, conspiracy theories and just plain bollocks. I've always from day one said we need for it officially to come out. It does need BZG to release this statement (if indeed there is one as again it's from a Twitter radio presenter and the Gazette). The claims and counter claims need to be ended one way or the other by a statement from BZG or the club or jointly.

I think you're being disingenuous there - you have clung very firmly to the two BZG statements and dismissed (indeed, ridiculed) virtually everything else.

You asked on the last page "If that's the case why did they release their original statement as it said all agreed." As a Toon fan, having watched how many takeover bids fail, can you not come up with a rational answer beyond "There was a genuine agreement when they made the statement"?

It seems to me that their statements have been premature at best. It seems obvious that Mike Ashley is not acting in good faith. And yet you're BZG's most loyal man (at least the most loyal one that doesn't resort to Photoshop!) It's... admirable.