Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest godzilla

It would be hilarious if this turned out to be some Walter Mitty type. Not for us obviously but to have everyone fooled like this, even the BBC got drawn in, it’s excellent trolling.

In fairness the club have said nothing. Absolutely zip. So whatever happens they’ll have kept their powder dry.

The journos have made a show of themselves on this.

Think the club (or Ashley) would have made an official statement if this was full of shit. He already said he would chase anyone who could not prove they had proof of funding as in the last two bids.

Just chill. It’s perfectly normal for formalities to drag on for a bit after terms have been agreed in principle. Don’t obsess over it. (Proceeds to hit F5 ever minute for the next week.)

Whatever the case, it’s never been this much of a smokescreen whereby statements have been released from interested parties stating that a price has been agreed and a sale is moving ahead. Ashley wants shot of us and certainly won’t want two-bit local journos browsing Internet forums for info in on any deal. He doesn’t give a fuck about letting them know.

I’m staying positive. Unless there’s a statement from the club or from an interested party, I’m not interested.

thomas[/member] :snod:

:lol:

statement from group involved: "we're buying it, it's done."

everyone: "yaaay i'mma nut in an eclair!!"

local clueless journo: "what about all this stuff that I'm throwing against the wall hoping desperately it will stick so i'll look like I knew something?"

everyone: "oh wow I guess it's all over huh, well it was fun while it lasted, time for the sweet hereafter."

it happen mike.

:lol: I've decided I'd rather be right than enjoy soccer. It's a bad look.

thomas[/member] :snod:

:lol:

statement from group involved: "we're buying it, it's done."

everyone: "yaaay i'mma nut in an eclair!!"

local clueless journo: "what about all this stuff that I'm throwing against the wall hoping desperately it will stick so i'll look like I knew something?"

everyone: "oh wow I guess it's all over huh, well it was fun while it lasted, time for the sweet hereafter."

it happen mike.

:lol: I've decided I'd rather be right than enjoy soccer. It's a bad look.

:knuppel2:

Whew, been out all day. Rather than read 46 pages, someone give me a recap in gifs please

It’s on, it’s not on, it’s very on, wait he’s a fake and plenty of racial slurs and numerous threatening references to the United Nations all throughout the day.

It was never going to be straightforward.

Apparently we've been sold!

http://i.imgur.com/vAkSLc8.gif

Fuck off, it's true?!

http://i.imgur.com/uvzeLaT.gif

r3aiAnz.gif

Oh wait, it's bullshit and he's a con artist, and all our dreams are lies?

bfiwa7utpweqimk2i9ys.gif

Now we're all pretty much asleep.

IF this has any credence in reality , I wonder how Mike's stranglehold on any potential Gallowgate development will affect things . A seriously relevant NUFC sniping at the elite clubs would command a huge matchday demand at SJP , and a loss of revenue due to stadium size .

Whew, been out all day. Rather than read 46 pages, someone give me a recap in gifs please

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

402a1fa575442e84067c07a09c89c376.gif

This has just had me creased as I sit drinking my tea waiting to go to work.

Anyway, welcome to another day of similar gifs...