Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Putting the word 'Fact' in capital letters makes any preceding statement 100% true.

Perhaps we should be patient a little while longer though and wait for an "end of" as it conveys a slightly more smug level of arrogant certainty.

Check out @justinallen1976’s Tweet:

All those facts have been confirmed by the Bin Zayed Group in their statements and by Newcastle journalists playing catch up. The thing is those contracts that have been signed we all know about does not mean we are very close to the deal being done. We just have to wait and see what happens during these Premier League processes for the next 2 weeks and see where we are then.

If we believe that the agreement is there and the next step is the PL test, then that's a formality.

The most important thing is, do we believe that the agreement with Ashley is there and the next step really is with the PL? If that's the case then I'd say 'very close' is fair.

Not saying it won't fall through, but IF we believe those reports then it's very advanced.

Guest godzilla

I wonder what the qualifications are to be a writer for the Sun?

Lot higher than being one for the Chronicle that's for sure  :lol:

If we believe that the agreement is there and the next step is the PL test, then that's a formality.

The most important thing is, do we believe that the agreement with Ashley is there and the next step really is with the PL? If that's the case then I'd say 'very close' is fair.

Not saying it won't fall through, but IF we believe those reports then it's very advanced.

I would love to agree with the sentiment, if it weren't for the FACT that they were submitted to the PL on 17th April!!!...that's nearly two months ago FACT

Anyone know why they chose this particular journalist to release their story to?

No idea of the actual truth but the rumour is he found out from Premier League source and printed the story which kind of forced BZG to make a statement.

Yep I’m with you on this one.

Guest godzilla

I would love to agree with the sentiment, if it weren't for the FACT that they were submitted to the PL on 17th April!!!...that's nearly two months ago FACT

That was proof of funds to Ashley though not to the PL so I'm sorry your statement is NOT FACT

That was proof of funds to Ashley though not to the PL so I'm sorry your statement is NOT FACT

:thup:

According to the Chronicle what we need next to take this takeover forward is a Sales Purchase Agreement. This could be already agreed for all we know.

Guest godzilla

Check out @justinallen1976’s Tweet:

Not one of those facts is verifiable.

True, I find it funny though that the Chronicle have not published this tweet (so far) within their live news and yet have published all the other tweets from messers Edwards, Hope etc. playing down the takeover almost immediately. Selective picking to fit their remit  :snod: :snod:

On the minutest chance that someone from BZG is snooping on fans forums and wondering why the fuck some of our fans are having mental breakdowns or getting so impatient/sceptical over this with a couple of weeks being too much to wait, it's because we're in a weird melting pot situation where:

- We have an owner who has repeatedly lied and actually used PR campaigns through use of an actual PR firm against the fans and even the current manager;

- Previous takeover "bids" came to absolutely nothing in the end, and usually at a convenient time to prevent swift transfer activity;

- An immensely popular world class manager is on the verge of leaving with no visible attempt to keep him;

- The transfer window has been open for a few weeks and other clubs are snapping players up whilst we're doing nothing; and

- Journalists are riling people up by casting doubt on BZG's legitimacy and implying the statements are lies.

All of that is alot for your average fan to take in.

Think Ashley will sell but I do think he will stall completion if he has the chance to obtain an increased offer from a yet unknown rival bidder

If Ashley and BZG are that far down the line then BZG would have exclusivity ruling out any last minute bids that the fat man could hope for?

Think Ashley will sell but I do think he will stall completion if he has the chance to obtain an increased offer from a yet unknown rival bidder

If Ashley and BZG are that far down the line then BZG would have exclusivity ruling out any last minute bids that the fat man could hope for?

Don’t think heads of terms being agreed necessarily means there’s an exclusivity clause

FACTS are never my strong point FACT

Why does this process with the Premier League take so long? It seems odd considering you could drop out of the league at the end of a season. What power have they got exactly? Could they prevent a takeover?

Guest neesy111

.com clearly can't count weeks, it's just over a week since it was broken.

Two weeks on from the first mention of a Dubai- based takeover bid and separating fact from fiction remains an impossible task where Newcastle United is concerned.

We're unable to bring you any meaningful update on future ownership, the identity of the manager for next season or changes to the playing squad.

As and when that changes we'll post details.