1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

So today is the day again. 

1. A barber

2. someone who works in a cake shop

3. Jose odd 5-1

4. There was a flight from Boston

5. Silence from press yesterday so must have been told something (we always double source - if not more) Douglas

6. A DJ

7. A bin man

Everyone gets one turn to pretend to be itk in the hope of I’m not sure what but... I have heard it from 7 6... yes 7 6 TRUSTED sources that today is the day.

Soooo...vague statement from odd source, hope sparked, people saying things like "we should hear something tomorrow", "no, it will be Thursday" etc

We won't hear anything, another week will pass. Apparently now we won't hear anything on Fridays as well as weekends as no one works on a Friday over there, which was something new I've learnt (albeit a bit convenient for those putting out these "we will hear something on..." statements based on nothing).

Nah, that DJ "statement" is just a tidbit of hope in one way but is clearly trying to prepare us for it falling apart.

Hinting that it might be the PL causing it to fail? Be interesting if they are not allowed to comment after the fact. Nice easy way to shift blame after the "we tried" statement from the ashley party.

Six weeks since the story broke and they were apparently well underway with the process? And its not done yet? Complicated or not, if it was well underway and it's not happened by now I can't see it happening.

Other bidders? I know Caulkin reckoned there were other bidders but this just infuriates me. Where were they before now? Suddenly they want to mess around and potentially delay the bzg bid? They couldn't have appeared last season or when the completely fabricated Kenyon story popped up? They only appear now when a potentially serious buyer appears? Sorry like, but not buying that at all.  It's like when someone shady on eBay gets their mate to bid to up the price on something they're selling if they exist at all.

I'm not saying all this because I want to look like a smug "I told you so" twat, I really want the fat parasite gone, but I am getting increasingly annoyed at the slow, drawn out complete bollocks that feels like it's only happening to lead people on until the season starts and nothing can be done.

Let’s be honest, bzg aren’t going to release that statement then have the club bought the very next day. Fuck all is happening

They would if it wasn’t them buying the club  :yikes: :frantic: :frantic: :crazy2: :crazy2:

By the way I know fuck all.

Soooo...vague statement from odd source, hope sparked, people saying things like "we should hear something tomorrow", "no, it will be Thursday" etc

We won't hear anything, another week will pass. Apparently now we won't hear anything on Fridays as well as weekends as no one works on a Friday over there, which was something new I've learnt (albeit a bit convenient for those putting out these "we will hear something on..." statements based on nothing).

Nah, that DJ "statement" is just a tidbit of hope in one way but is clearly trying to prepare us for it falling apart.

Hinting that it might be the PL causing it to fail? Be interesting if they are not allowed to comment after the fact. Nice easy way to shift blame after the "we tried" statement from the ashley party.

Six weeks since the story broke and they were apparently well underway with the process? And its not done yet? Complicated or not, if it was well underway and it's not happened by now I can't see it happening.

Other bidders? I know Caulkin reckoned there were other bidders but this just infuriates me. Where were they before now? Suddenly they want to mess around and potentially delay the bzg bid? They couldn't have appeared last season or when the completely fabricated Kenyon story popped up? They only appear now when a potentially serious buyer appears? Sorry like, but not buying that at all.  It's like when someone shady on eBay gets their mate to bid to up the price on something they're selling if they exist at all.

I'm not saying all this because I want to look like a smug "I told you so" twat, I really want the fat parasite gone, but I am getting increasingly annoyed at the slow, drawn out complete bollocks that feels like it's only happening to lead people on until the season starts and nothing can be done.

Agree with that. If there are other bidders as Caulkin claims, then they must all be on the verge of pulling out, if the sale drags on a few more weeks the club will be worthless anyway. We already lost a manager and a key player during this window, you would imagine we are in danger of losing decent replacements as well unless it gets wrapped up quickly.

There has been talk of other buyers for over a year now, just seems if they were serious they would have been ready to move as soon as we were safe from relegation.

I don’t know. I feel like the statement is real in the sense that it’s the last push to force the PL to approve.

I know the fat c***s history. I really know. The point is different from the past, where we have manager in place and enough time for the fat c*** to gamble, this time it’s kinda “beyond repair”:

1. No manager would work for the fat c*** after seeing how Rafa was treated

2. No manager would come and face unemployment in case takeover was completed

3. No incoming players

4. Lots of outgoing ahead (Hayden, Shelvey, Schar, Dubravka, Lascelles)

I have never been so certain that we will relegate in the coming season, and I am pretty sure that even the fat c*** could see this. He’s going to take a loss close to 100-150m within one year, and he still need to gamble we could bounce back immediately. It’s an absolute no to me. In my opinion BZGs offer is the last lifeline to him rather than us.

The only way we could survive is to complete the takeover now, bring in Jose and a few 30-40m marquee signings. We are really that bad. Just think if Dubravka left or injured, we are immediately done.

I think the statements are real, just that I don’t think the takeover is “likely”. These must be something wrong and unlike in the past this time it may not be due to fat c***.

Douglas still says the Premier League have heard nothing, it's not happening man.

On that thread there is a guy who has been consistently saying they not serious bidders.  Asked Douglas to dm him.  He seems to think he knows something negative.  I should really ignore the twitter nonsense but he seems reasonable.  Not a teenager in his bedroom.

Douglas still says the Premier League have heard nothing, it's not happening man.

They've declined to comment, so how does he know?

Thought that myself...didn't they say something like 'ask the club' a while back? :lol:

Still not sure it is with them myself. The news yesterday made it sound like it was, but I just can't get round the idea that it's just in fattys hands and that's where it'll stay until we're told it's off. 

To be honest not sure what’s going on had radio silence for the last 2hrs 30 minutes as watching the last 2 of new Stranger Things and didn’t want any takeover s*** spoiling it (f***ing immense by the way). So are we getting the #cans out again then?????

Nee way is he dead btw.

No definitely not O0

Maybe just maybe all the reporters that have been so negative are right.  If you hear something about a bid then it’s bull shit.  So bzg are a huge red herring.  All the delays in managers, players etc are linked to a takeover but it’s the other silent group that Caulkin has mentioned.

Or as Douglas also mentioned our top brass are just simply incompetent and think they are doing the right thing. 

If i was betting man I’d go for incompetence, invisible bidder then least likely bzg.

I don’t believe that this takeover will happen but I’m not hasten to believe The Chronicle here.

Even if they believe what they are being told in good faith, i’d guess their ‘sources’ come from the club and I don’t believe anything that comes from Ashley’s lying PR machine.

I don’t believe that this takeover will happen but I’m not hasten to believe The Chronicle here.

Even if they believe what they are being told in good faith, i’d guess their ‘sources’ come from the club and I don’t believe anything that comes from Ashley’s lying PR machine.

Indeed.  Or their sources are away from Ashley’s inner circle. Edit and either know nothing or are equally being misled.  Same end result I guess.

the state of this, i know folk never know the ins and outs of other clubs takeovers, but this is a complete farce - only this sodding club

journalists trying to seem relevant and informed, updates from dentists and a barber(?), no one knowing anything...

no manager, no strengthening of team... mediocre players (at best)...death of a club by 1000 cuts, slice slice slice until minimal supporters, apathy, Fat Man flogging off all he can/ cutting costs in some petty power play

have to wonder why everything goes to shit for NE clubs

I'll take a punt that there'll be an announcement next week of an agreement in principle, pending PL approval, with a completely different buyer (probably on more advantageous terms to Ashley).

We'll therefore drag the arse out of the summer transfer/managerial appointment and it'll likely all go to shit anyway.

IF it goes through, the new manager will have no time to get players in, plan, organise...then panic buy in January. another season written off

for the people who didn't renew their ST, if the takeover goes through would they get a chance to renew or does it mean they lose out?

I still don't see this going through purely because I still don't see Ashley simply taking his money and walking off into the sunset. He's still got Rangers by the bollocks even though he never actually owned them and I'm as certain as can be that he'll still be wanting his pound of flesh by way of taking a huge cut of future merchandising sales, and clauses inserted so his advertising can remain prominent and that's just something I can't see any potential buyer agreeing to.

I think ideally he'd rather sell to Peter Kenyon. Someone who can't afford the club outright but can basically hire it off him so to speak by paying in installments meaning Ashley can still call the shots and take his money out. Not too dissimilar to how the new mackem owners bought them off Short.