Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest godzilla

what if they struck a deal to be a partner invester but with ma still holding 51%, how would that grab ya?

I've said all along that I don't think it's unthinkable that Ashley would want to retain a minority stake. Not 51% but perhaps 20-30%.

I hope that's not the case. I pray that's not the case. It'd be a f***ing nightmare along the similar scale as the current nightmare of his reign.

Definitely need him gone full stop

what if they struck a deal to be a partner invester but with ma still holding 51%, how would that grab ya?

I've said all along that I don't think it's unthinkable that Ashley would want to retain a minority stake. Not 51% but perhaps 20-30%.

I hope that's not the case. I pray that's not the case. It'd be a f***ing nightmare along the similar scale as the current nightmare of his reign.

Definitely need him gone full sttop

100% agree.

Sorry guys got banned for talking about interesting past investment deals of our potential new owners.

Or maybe it was my last post complementing Rafa.

Not sure which one was least offensive to the moderator tbh.

But there you go I’ll just take it for what it is again.

Anyway to a more interesting topic I found some interesting yet worrying information that the Bin Zayed group apparently tried to get a Swiss hedge fund to cover as much as £750million of the deal to buy Liverpool.

The proposal suggested by the Sheik to Greenberg states that a '£2bn valuation' was agreed for '100 per cent of the club'.

A further document between Bin Zayed International — the Sheik's firm — and Alternative Advisors, a Swiss hedge fund where Sheik Khaled sought help to raise £750m from investors.

The agreement was signed on January 22, 2018 and it says: 'The client wishes a financial partner for the acquisition of a British football club.

'Client has confirmed to AA that the current shareholder of the club agreed to sell 100% of the share of the club on the basis of a £2bn valuation.'

Liverpool categorically deny that an agreement was reached, although a chain of emails shows Greenberg repeatedly chasing Kidwei for proof of fund

The proof, it would appear, did not emerge and the £25m deposit as a downpayment for the deal, due to be paid by the end of December last year under the terms of the proposal, did not arrive.

Liverpool insist all talks closed down in late January. A club statement said: 'FSG have been clear and consistent: the club is not for sale.

'But what the ownership has said, again clearly and consistently, is that under the right terms and conditions we would consider taking on a minority investor, if such a partnership was to further our commercial interests in specific market places and in line with the continued development and growth of the club and the team.'

Kidwai, the managing director of Bin Zayed International, did not respond to a request for comment.

Not like Midhat Kidwai not to comment :laugh:

Just find that very worrying reading that they looked for such a large amount from a hedge fund.

I really hope a hedge fund isn’t part of any deal for us probably end up with a hedge fund company as part of the deal like that Sisu one Coventry have knowing our luck.

Just hope this ends up alright for us because everything I read about the Bin Zayed Group is a worry.

What is looking most likely is that the Sheikh is probably just fronting investors in a bid to build his profile and finally get something legit to his name.

Just have to hope the Sheikh is bringing good Dubai based investors to us rather than some Swiss hedge fund that will try bleed us dry and turn our training ground into a housing complex for money.

Just hoping something good comes out of it surely we’re due something good.

I felt a bit sorry for you the other day when everyone was hammering you but my god you are tedious

I was just giving info on our potential new owners.

I’m hoping for the best like everyone just massively worried :laugh:

For a start, what is the source? Secondly there’s a massive difference between £350m and £2b

That’ll be like a red rag to a Gallowgate End that post.

Someone photoshop Eddie Howe onto it

Haaaaaaa :lol:

http://i66.tinypic.com/258342r.jpg

:lol:

Just needs Sheikh Brendan Rodgers in there too and it’d be perfect!

I felt a bit sorry for you the other day when everyone was hammering you but my god you are tedious

I was just giving info on our potential new owners.

I’m hoping for the best like everyone just massively worried :laugh:

For a start, what is the source? Secondly there’s a massive difference between £350m and £2b

True :thup:

But definitely a worry that he was willing to strap a Swiss hedge fund onto a club for as much as £750million.

I think most likely he will be fronting investment from others be surprised if he will get the deal done by himself.

He was wanting a Chinese investor and a Swiss hedge fund for that Liverpool deal.

He definitely seems to have great contacts just hope a hedge fund isn’t part of any deal for us.

Sorry guys got banned for talking about interesting past investment deals of our potential new owners.

Or maybe it was my last post complementing Rafa.

Not sure which one was least offensive to the moderator tbh.

But there you go I’ll just take it for what it is again.

Anyway to a more interesting topic I found some interesting yet worrying information that the Bin Zayed group apparently tried to get a Swiss hedge fund to cover as much as £750million of the deal to buy Liverpool.

The proposal suggested by the Sheik to Greenberg states that a '£2bn valuation' was agreed for '100 per cent of the club'.

A further document between Bin Zayed International — the Sheik's firm — and Alternative Advisors, a Swiss hedge fund where Sheik Khaled sought help to raise £750m from investors.

The agreement was signed on January 22, 2018 and it says: 'The client wishes a financial partner for the acquisition of a British football club.

'Client has confirmed to AA that the current shareholder of the club agreed to sell 100% of the share of the club on the basis of a £2bn valuation.'

Liverpool categorically deny that an agreement was reached, although a chain of emails shows Greenberg repeatedly chasing Kidwei for proof of fund

The proof, it would appear, did not emerge and the £25m deposit as a downpayment for the deal, due to be paid by the end of December last year under the terms of the proposal, did not arrive.

Liverpool insist all talks closed down in late January. A club statement said: 'FSG have been clear and consistent: the club is not for sale.

'But what the ownership has said, again clearly and consistently, is that under the right terms and conditions we would consider taking on a minority investor, if such a partnership was to further our commercial interests in specific market places and in line with the continued development and growth of the club and the team.'

Kidwai, the managing director of Bin Zayed International, did not respond to a request for comment.

Not like Midhat Kidwai not to comment :laugh:

Just find that very worrying reading that they looked for such a large amount from a hedge fund.

I really hope a hedge fund isn’t part of any deal for us probably end up with a hedge fund company as part of the deal like that Sisu one Coventry have knowing our luck.

Just hope this ends up alright for us because everything I read about the Bin Zayed Group is a worry.

What is looking most likely is that the Sheikh is probably just fronting investors in a bid to build his profile and finally get something legit to his name.

Just have to hope the Sheikh is bringing good Dubai based investors to us rather than some Swiss hedge fund that will try bleed us dry and turn our training ground into a housing complex for money.

Just hoping something good comes out of it surely we’re due something good.

Here he is :lol:

Inspector Gallowgate at your service :coolsmiley:

You might find better and more current info if you flew out to Dubai for a couple of weeks to further your investigations