Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

So potentially, how soon do we reckon?

I know it Twitter bollocks etc but someone on another nufc forum (what?) Claimed that he'd seen texts from Midhat saying that it would be done (PL checks) this weekend, with confirmation next week. The person was reliable... apparently.

Guest godzilla

It was 2 days between Ashley setting up the company and Hall selling his shares I believe. Has to be soon I would think.

I know it Twitter bollocks etc but someone on another nufc forum (what?) Claimed that he'd seen texts from Midhat saying that it would be done (PL checks) this weekend, with confirmation next week. The person was reliable... apparently.

I think I posted that tweet a few pages back if anyone wants to look

Edit

Probably nonsense and should go in the twitter nonsense thread but I’m bored

If we take Caulkins cryptic tweet earlier & the timeline for registering & completing the last purchase, my guess is Tomorow / Friday

Missed this, what tweet?

Guest godzilla

This is surely b****** happening!

Think so Paully mate go and get a monochrome new shirt to celebrate  :cheesy:

If we take Caulkins cryptic tweet earlier & the timeline for registering & completing the last purchase, my guess is Tomorow / Friday

Missed this, what tweet?

This one I think

This doesn't really tell us anything about the timing. It's still unclear where the parties are in terms of the definitive deal documents -- stock purchase agreement, etc. Still a good sign, though.

People generally don't incorporate in these circumstances until they need to. I've worked in plenty of processes where the binding bid document simply refers in general terms to 'a UK limited company, to be incorporated in due course' because it saves the hassle of setting one up and then closing it all back down again if the other conditions of the sale are not fulfilled.

Guest godzilla

Ashley has been doing some 'tidying up' of his own the last 24 hours and surely with this new company being set it would indicate he is preparing the club for imminent sale.

Ashley has been doing some 'tidying up' of his own the last 24 hours and surely with this new company being set it would indicate he is preparing the club for imminent sale.

Aye, made a bid to take complete control of Game.

This doesn't really tell us anything about the timing. It's still unclear where the parties are in terms of the definitive deal documents -- stock purchase agreement, etc. Still a good sign, though.

People generally don't incorporate in these circumstances until they need to. I've worked in plenty of processes where the binding bid document simply refers in general terms to 'a UK limited company, to be incorporated in due course' because it saves the hassle of setting one up and then closing it all back down again if the other conditions of the sale are not fulfilled.

So, in short, unless you actually thought you were about to need it, you wouldnt set one up?

Guest godzilla

Aye, made a bid to take complete control of Game.

Well he will have 350 million to play with any day soon  :laugh2:

Given the time lapsed from the (Alleged) agreed / signed bid between the two parties (Middle of April), if one were to register a title to stay dormant till any acquisition was complete, then why didn't they just do that months ago? The timing of this (in relation to last weeks Statement) is surely significant & indicates a deal is imminent?

How wrong have the local reporters been on this? They’ve been pouring cold water on things since the first mention of it.

Well done lads! Bloody hopeless the lot of you.