Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Honestly, I wish they would always do that. Trying to validate a beneficial ownership chain in 24 hours before closing is pretty much impossible.

As a lawyer, KYC can frankly piss off.  Shouldn't be a lawyer's responsibility to spoonfeed that shit.  Shouldn't even touch our desks.

I'm on the banking side, so we don't get much choice.

Honestly, I wish they would always do that. Trying to validate a beneficial ownership chain in 24 hours before closing is pretty much impossible.

As a lawyer, KYC can frankly piss off.  Shouldn't be a lawyer's responsibility to spoonfeed that shit.  Shouldn't even touch our desks.

I'm on the banking side, so we don't get much choice.

Likewise on the banking side in the legal world, but it's infuriating that it's become our responsibility in the last few years.  It takes a hell of a lot of time (and therefore costs a lot) but we never make any recovery on it.

Guest godzilla

Companies House + Caulkin + Dubai ITK = too many nicely-aligned dots

+ Ashley tidying up the club through companies house in the last 24 hours + (possible) Sports Direct signs being removed for alleged cleaning

Companies House + Caulkin + Dubai ITK = too many nicely-aligned dots

+ Ashley tidying up the club through companies house in the last 24 hours + (possible) Sports Direct signs being removed for alleged cleaning

+ new seats in the director’s box

Guest godzilla

Someone will p*ss on our chips soon. This is how it usually goes.

Downie is trying:

We’ve taken legal advice from our lawyers. The Company’s House listing from Sheikh Khaled is a Special Purchase Vehicle (SPV) used to transfer shares at outset of a new company. Can be done by anyone though, & difficult to prove veracity. NUFC aware & still refusing to comment.

40 replies 32 retweets 122 likes

What I would say is Mike Ashley has been using Denton’s Lawyers to sell the club, and not Pinsent Masons - as I’m aware. As it stands, this means nothing other than a new company has been registered #NUFC