Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Mike Ashley will have Godzilla hook line and sinker with that PR move :snod:

Godzilla putting Mourinho and Wenger posters up on his bedroom wall as we speak :laugh:

While Mike Ashley laughs.

You’ve had two digs at the guy in 25 mins about the same thing, a dozen posts apart with him saying nothing.

Get a grip. Stop repeating yourself

My take/guess on this now is that the Bin Zayed bid is/was genuine, came at a great time for Ashley as all eyes were on him and Benitez and the contract negotiations, and they're milking it for all it's worth with no intention to sell. Allowed a massive delay on news re Benitez, they've got bollocks stories like this on the go as a result of it, and they'll doubtless call them timewasters shortly.

Not saying it's an original view like but that's how it all seems now to me :anguish: that or it's all bollocks.

Has Keith Bishop written all over that.

It certainly does.

Also suggests he’s willing to sour the business relationship.

A suspicious mind might think that's the plan, so he doesn't have to sell. Nah he wouldn't do that now would he.

So why offer Benitez a new contract if the Bin Zayed Group didn't want him? The club statement said itself that they were working on a contract for Benitez, but failed to convince him to stay. Also the same statement says they will begin the process of finding a new manager.

If the Bin Zayed Group didn't want Benitez then why didn't the club release a statement weeks saying Benitez would leave at the end of his contract. The Bin Zayed Group have made it clear ages ago that they didn't want Benitez.

Most North East journalists feel there is a couple of more interested groups wanting to buy the club so if nobody has been given exclusivity yet then why is Ashley treating the Bin Zayed Group as if its more or less a done deal.

As usual its just Ashley deflecting responsibility for his actions and blaming others for his own failings. He can't keep up with his own lies now that they are tying themselves in knots.

Whatever chances there were left of the takeover going through I can't see how it can happen if he is attacking the Bin Zayed Group in the press like this.

Guest godzilla

Godzilla putting Mourinho and Wenger posters up on his bedroom wall as we speak :laugh:

You’ve had two digs at the guy in 25 mins about the same thing, a dozen posts apart with him saying nothing.

O0 Trust me apart from CDM he is the last person I worry about having a dig  :lol: :lol:

Guest Gonzo

He doesn’t care. He’ll sell Perez, Almiron, Schar, Lejeune, Lascelles and Longstaff, pocket 150m and then pretend to sell the club again.

It will get to a point where they don’t even need Keith Bishop anymore. They won’t even pretend they are not doing it.

O0 Trust me apart from CDM he is the last person I worry about having a dig  :lol: :lol:

I know man, still annoying. Like a fly that won’t fuck off

Guest godzilla

I know man, still annoying. Like a fly that won’t f*** off

:snod:

He doesn’t care. He’ll sell Perez, Almiron, Schar, Lejeune, Lascelles and Longstaff, pocket 150m and then pretend to sell the club again.

It will get to a point where they don’t even need Keith Bishop anymore. They won’t even pretend they are not doing it.

I think we past that point some time ago :lol:

My take/guess on this now is that the Bin Zayed bid is/was genuine, came at a great time for Ashley as all eyes were on him and Benitez and the contract negotiations, and they're milking it for all it's worth with no intention to sell. Allowed a massive delay on news re Benitez, they've got bollocks stories like this on the go as a result of it, and they'll doubtless call them timewasters shortly.

Not saying it's an original view like but that's how it all seems now to me :anguish: that or it's all bollocks.

:thup:

I know man, still annoying. Like a fly that won’t f*** off

:snod:

Better get those Mourinho/Wenger posters up ;)

Can’t believe how gullible some of our supporters are.

Keith Bishop pulling our pants down yet again while Mike pats him on the back.

Utter bull that makes no sense - a) if true why would anyone take the job now if it was true b) they would still have to pay off anyone stupid enough to take the job

Utter bull that makes no sense - a) if true why would anyone take the job now if it was true b) they would still have to pay off anyone stupid enough to take the job

that's the first thing i thought when i read that bullshit.

It's almost certainly Bishop bollocks. The only other possible scenario is that the takeover is indeed several months away (reported by Martin Hardy) so offering a one year extension was seen as a compromise - the new owners would have to pay up a relatively small sum to remove Benitez whilst the club can continue as "normal" until a takeover is complete or falls through. It has been widely reported that Ashley decided to pull the trigger on Benitez last weekend on a whim, so maybe something had changed to cause that.

It still doesn't make any sense though. Why wouldn't new owners want to retain a hugely popular and world class manager? Why is Ashley taking BZG's wishes into account if they aren't the only bidders? Why are they trying to appoint a new manager at all (although could this tie in with the story about Vieira being approached by somebody from the prospective owners)?

Prepare for the "couldn't come up with the funds" statement any day now.

Could "Mike Ashley watch" be an idea for a sticky thread?

We are from all over the place on here, hows about we try and track him from day to day and stalk the c***?

:lol: I mean we could also not stalk a person, as it feels like something that is generally frowned upon.

We are from all over the place on here, hows about we try and track him from day to day and stalk the c***?

:lol: I mean we could also not stalk a person, as it feels like something that is generally frowned upon.

Fuck that, lets stalk the shit out of the cunt  :lol:

Fuck that, lets stalk the shit out of the cunt  :lol:

:lol: I'm no lawyer but again I feel like there are very specific laws that exist in order to discourage this.