Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest Yerdas El Savon

He's a billionare, but not a good businessman? :lol:

You realize those things can both be true?

That might be, but to say a self made billionaire is a poor businessman is a bit too far imo.

Self made? His parents remortgaged their house to give him the money to open a shop. Which he never paid back. A real tale of rags to riches

Where does it say he never paid them back? They gave him a 10k loan. I can’t find anything on him not paying it back.

Maybe I've got that wrong but either way, hardly self made is it? He didn't use to have much contact with them

From a 10k loan to a billion is pretty fucking impressive regardless. Hope he ends up broke and unhappy mind.

Mike Ashley has a big advantage as a businessman and that he is a complete cunt for whom no business practice is too low if it makes him an extra penny. Most of the competition that his company saw off were probably paying at least minimum wage and not forcing pregnant women to give birth in the bogs, on account of them having a single sliver of humanity that Mike Ashley just doesn't have to hinder him. Sure, plenty of big business people are ruthless but Ashley is on another level. In a low margin sector, that will have been the difference between survival and going bust, and Ashley has since cleaned up in an uncompetitive market.

The best business people do it time after time after time, often diversifying into different industries when they spot opportunities. Fat Mike has done it once (albeit very well) and has fucked up everything he has touched since.

I think we can safely say luck and timing had a lot to do with his success. The likelihood of him being able to repeat it is pretty slim IMO - his decision making is awful, his people skills are non-existent and he's clearly not very intelligent.

Yup.

Mike Ashley has a big advantage as a businessman and that he is a complete cunt for whom no business practice is too low if it makes him an extra penny. Most of the competition that his company saw off were probably paying at least minimum wage and not forcing pregnant women to give birth in the bogs, on account of them having a single sliver of humanity that Mike Ashley just doesn't have to hinder him. Sure, plenty of big business people are ruthless but Ashley is on another level. In a low margin sector, that will have been the difference between survival and going bust, and Ashley has since cleaned up in an uncompetitive market.

I've often wondered how desperate you need to be to work for sports direct I mean surely to god there are better options out there for even semi educated folk

https://theathletic.com/1112938/2019/08/05/agents-buying-beds-for-clients-players-demanding-set-piece-bonuses-and-payment-of-divorce-bills-what-really-happens-in-the-transfer-window/

At one Championship side, the club’s policy is to provide every player with four complimentary tickets for a game. Their sporting director says: “You will get family members asking for sixteen tickets. If we said yes, it would destroy the dressing room by treating people differently. These are requests that often come in right at the end of the deal.”

This is not the case at Newcastle United, where notoriously thrifty owner Mike Ashley insists players must pay in excess of £20,000 to use the executive boxes at the club’s stadium.

Of course he does :lol:

First time i've had zero interest in a forthcoming season thanks to thid c***.

We support Newcastle United not mike ashley. I won't stop supporting my club just because ashley is a c**t.

Would the definition of support not include a desire to see your team do better?  Are you happy with the merchandising vehicle the club has become?  Or do you just want to turn a blind eye to Mike Ashley, Steve Bruce, Jack Colback and all the other abject people now entrenched at the club?  Because another 38 games battling relegation is definitely something I couldn't look forward to as a supporter.

We support Newcastle United not mike ashley. I won't stop supporting my club just because ashley is a c**t.

:itk:

Would the definition of support not include a desire to see your team do better?  Are you happy with the merchandising vehicle the club has become?  Or do you just want to turn a blind eye to Mike Ashley, Steve Bruce, Jack Colback and all the other abject people now entrenched at the club?  Because another 38 games battling relegation is definitely something I couldn't look forward to as a supporter.

I don't endorse ashley & supporting NUFC shouldn't be considered so. The point is I chose to support Newcastle before Ashley & I'll still choose to support my team long after he's gone.

That's fine, as long as you know that's exactly what he's depending on and the reason he will stay here indefinitely. He's booked in for as long as so many people have vowed to give him money for nothing. He'd be fucking mad to leave that.

Depends how much you think it's your club I suppose. I don't consider it mine now much more than an original Wimbledon fan considers MK Dons theirs.

When Ashley has gone, (I know), will it become your club again? Our situation isn't exactly MK Dons level of utter shitness.

A facile argument

Depends how much you think it's your club I suppose. I don't consider it mine now much more than an original Wimbledon fan considers MK Dons theirs.

When Ashley has gone, (I know), will it become your club again? Our situation isn't exactly MK Dons level of utter shitness.

No that is the big difference, it's not permanent but it might as well be. Tens of thousands of our fans are determined to keep him here by filling his pockets.

No that is the big difference, it's not permanent but it might as well be. Tens of thousands of our fans are determined to keep him here by filling his pockets.

:lol: Yeah, that's the bummer. In a sane world there would be no coming back from replacing Rafa with Bruce.

That's fine, as long as you know that's exactly what he's depending on and the reason he will stay here indefinitely. He's booked in for as long as so many people have vowed to give him money for nothing. He'd be f***ing mad to leave that.

I don't go to games, i'm not as enthusiastic as I used to be & I care even less now Rafa has left. I want Bruce out as much as I do Ashley. But as we all do I still retain an interest in & support Newcastle United.

That's fine, as long as you know that's exactly what he's depending on and the reason he will stay here indefinitely. He's booked in for as long as so many people have vowed to give him money for nothing. He'd be f***ing mad to leave that.

I don't go to games, i'm not as enthusiastic as I used to be & I care even less now Rafa has left. I want Bruce out as much as I do Ashley. But as we all do I still retain an interest in & support Newcastle United.

Ok, that's different. Welcome to NAA, Newcastle Addicts Anonymous. I'm addicted to Newcastle, currently its an illness but I won't go near St James as long as Ashley is here.

:thup: That's fair, took your point incorrectly there. I don't really care anymore myself (actively want us to lose now Bagpuss is here tbh) but certainly can't blame anyone who does, as long as they're not giving that fucker any money.

If you don’t go to games you don’t support them. You’re a fan.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

Funny how no one cares, yet everyone feel the need to post that they don’t care on a Newcastle United forum, myself included.