Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Funny how no one cares, yet everyone feel the need to post that they don’t care on a Newcastle United forum, myself included.

Because Ashley has made people who were fanatical about the club, completely apathetic to it.

It's a f***ing outrage and it's ok to talk about it on here because its kind of a big deal.

Supporter/fan, thats just semantics.

If you still go you've got battered wife syndrome and need counciling, or are simply empty headed, superficial. Superficial like girls always posting selfies and counting the likes to measure their self esteem.

If we're saying if you go to games you justify the regime but if you don't go you're not a proper supporter then we are all buggered.

:serious:

If you go you justify the regime, if you don't go you don't justify the regime, it's quite simple.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

Funny how no one cares, yet everyone feel the need to post that they don’t care on a Newcastle United forum, myself included.

Because Ashley has made people who were fanatical about the club, completely apathetic to it.

It's a f***ing outrage and it's ok to talk about it on here because its kind of a big deal.

Yeah, I know. It’s an absolute disgrace it’s come to this. Ashley should hang his head in shame, but he won’t.

Yeah, I know. It’s an absolute disgrace it’s come to this. Ashley should hang his head himself in shame, but he won’t.

fyp

If we're saying if you go to games you justify the regime but if you don't go you're not a proper supporter then we are all buggered.

:serious:

If you go you justify the regime, if you don't go you don't justify the regime, it's quite simple.

I thought we'd got a bit extreme. I only don't go because of Ashley. The day the fucker sells up I'm spamming the f5 button for my season ticket.

Presumably enough people will have forgotten about the protest and probably all ill-feeling towards Ashley since he's so clearly backed Bruce and peaked enough interest with the new signings? Am I imagining that's it's all gone really quiet? I bet any money it'll all fall flat at the weekend and nothing will come of it, already the media seem to have forgotten that Rafa was even at our club, let alone a handful of fans not being happy about him leaving. Gawd bless Fat Mike and his unappreciated generosity to us ungrateful Toon fans...  :hmm:

Presumably enough people will have forgotten about the protest and probably all ill-feeling towards Ashley since he's so clearly backed Bruce and peaked enough interest with the new signings? Am I imagining that's it's all gone really quiet? I bet any money it'll all fall flat at the weekend and nothing will come of it, already the media seem to have forgotten that Rafa was even at our club, let alone a handful of fans not being happy about him leaving. Gawd bless Fat Mike and his unappreciated generosity to us ungrateful Toon fans...  :hmm:

You can guarantee they won't mention the lack of Wor Flags at the Arsenal game.

Would seem so. Ashley really does own the perfect club.

Guest neesy111

Show's how bad investors are viewing SD that even with him buying shares back, the share price is still tanked.

He's looking to take it back private.

Good. He got lucky once when he built the business but nothing he has done since suggests he has a fucking clue what he's doing.

IMO he's far more likely to take it down the pan when he's the sole decision maker than he is with shareholders on his case.

Show's how bad investors are viewing SD that even with him buying shares back, the share price is still tanked.

I think that we're witnessing the beginning of the end for SD in all honesty, the brand is now toxic.....the beauty is, Ashley won't admit to himself that he's wrong and continue to chuck money at it. I think they'll be gone from the high street within a few years personally.

I think that we're witnessing the beginning of the end for SD in all honesty, the brand is now toxic.....the beauty is, Ashley won't admit to himself that he's wrong and continue to chuck money at it. I think they'll be gone from the high street within a few years personally.

Please be true.

They won’t. They may downsize, they may be bigger online than in store, but they won’t collapse. Like it or not, theirs plenty of people out there who want cheap sportswear and won’t/can’t pay JD prices (SD own 30% of JD).

You have to remember that Sports Direct also own Flannels, which is the new store on Northumberland Street is anything to go by, is proving to be popular and on the up.

It would take for Primark to have an extensive range of sportswear available (only small) and for the likes of the Premier League to operate their own store for merchandise (much like the NFL, NHL etc) for Sports Direct to fall apart. Even then I still think they’ll have a decent market share.

They won’t. They may downsize, they may be bigger online than in store, but they won’t collapse. Like it or not, theirs plenty of people out there who want cheap sportswear and won’t/can’t pay JD prices (SD own 30% of JD).

You have to remember that Sports Direct also own Flannels, which is the new store on Northumberland Street is anything to go by, is proving to be popular and on the up.

It would take for Primark to have an extensive range of sportswear available (only small) and for the likes of the Premier League to operate their own store for merchandise (much like the NFL, NHL etc) for Sports Direct to fall apart. Even then I still think they’ll have a decent market share.

Don't think that is correct. Do you have a source?

Don't think that is correct. Do you have a source?

I stand corrected, there are reports that Ashley himself owns 19% of JD Sports.

Edit: Further research shows that it was Sports Direct who owned shares in JD Sports, but sold them in 2016.