Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Show's how bad investors are viewing SD that even with him buying shares back, the share price is still tanked.

I think that we're witnessing the beginning of the end for SD in all honesty, the brand is now toxic.....the beauty is, Ashley won't admit to himself that he's wrong and continue to chuck money at it. I think they'll be gone from the high street within a few years personally.

They won’t. They may downsize, they may be bigger online than in store, but they won’t collapse. Like it or not, theirs plenty of people out there who want cheap sportswear and won’t/can’t pay JD prices (SD own 30% of JD).

You have to remember that Sports Direct also own Flannels, which is the new store on Northumberland Street is anything to go by, is proving to be popular and on the up.

It would take for Primark to have an extensive range of sportswear available (only small) and for the likes of the Premier League to operate their own store for merchandise (much like the NFL, NHL etc) for Sports Direct to fall apart. Even then I still think they’ll have a decent market share.

Good shout that, I would also imagine big Mike would be cacking his denims were that to happen. Theyd (Especially with Nike & Adidas) probably be pushing an open door asking to service that part of the market given their widely chronicled antipathy towards Ashley. If anything, it would probably be a more upmarket venture compared to S*****D*****

I don't have much of a business brain, but is there a possibility that Ashley's most recent damages in his non-NUFC ventures has actually made him hold more tightly to the club? It's probably the most stable investment he's got at the moment. Maybe he'd have more readily accepted a 'fair' price if everything else wasn't going skewiff?

I'd love the Premier league to go down the same route as the NFL,NHL,NBA and MLB in having it's own merchandise setup whereas consumers order direct from one site and monies then distributed to the clubs

Would be a far better setup and would mean the fat cunt cant sell a football shirt in his store again

Imo football needs more regulation and more oversight from the league offices like they do over here in the US.

Yorkie[/member] you could look at it 2 ways. Your thoughts in your post are very accurate and def something I’ve wondered too. The other way would be he could sell us for 350m and have more liquid money in his bank account than he probably has currently as most of his wealth is tied up in SD stock and real estate. That’s why I’ve always been confused as to why he wouldn’t sell us at this stage earlier this summer with Rafa in the job and his valuation at its peak for the club. If the global economy stutters and we see global declines that many are predicting over the next few years the value of his football club and his SD will decline. Relegation impacts his value each time too. Every year he doesn’t invest into the club in facilities and players also feeds the decline in value.

Hoping the fans in the ground give him a great reception on Sunday.

Spent nearly £100m and has personally intervened to bring home two of the most loved people ever to live on Tyneside.

I give him a solid 7/5 for this summer. What a guy.

Why are Newcastle fans so soft?

I remember throughout the summer people saying he has to sell now as the backlash would be so huge.  :lol:

He's got it that easy that he's going to be sat in St James' Park laughing at the fans again this season. Guaranteed.

Guest neesy111

I remember throughout the summer people saying he has to sell now as the backlash would be so huge.  :lol:

He's got it that easy that he's going to be sat in St James' Park laughing at the fans again this season. Guaranteed.

Exactly.

Because he has successfully lowered expectations, once he's done that, there will hardly be any backlash as long as we are in the premier league.

O0

We have to be the most gullible and malleable set of fans by far. Have to admit my generation of fans have some blame in this.

We sat, or stood by in those days, and watched successive owners and regimes fuck about with us. Never anything to the malicious levels this cunt is doing, but we still were far too acquiescent.

In our defence we didn't have some of the tools available now to help garner any momentum (social media, the internet, SKY with virtual 24hrs coverage). Relying on the Pink and printed news for our information, we were far less informed than we all are now.

We still didn't do anything like enough though. Was proud of the Magpie group and the actions leading up to the takeover from Mckeag et al (In hindsight he looks a fucking saint), but as a fanbase we are far too soft, pliable and frankly pitiful.

Good job it wasn't us being asked to spearhead the cause for voting rights or improved workers rights et...No point. Not enough will join in, would be disloyal etc...we are living up to the thick Geordie bastard perception well enough though.

Heartbreaking.He will be pissing himself laughing. Have to admire the cunt in some ways.

Whether that's based on guesswork or any real info, it's kinda stating the fucking obvious.

Although to a lot of people the takeover was definitely real and going to happen.

Also, if this is true a fair few who said Bishop would have to be an evil mastermind to make up a fake takeover story, might need to think again.

O0

We have to be the most gullible and malleable set of fans by far. Have to admit my generation of fans have some blame in this.

We sat, or stood by in those days, and watched successive owners and regimes fuck about with us. Never anything to the malicious levels this cunt is doing, but we still were far too acquiescent.

In our defence we didn't have some of the tools available now to help garner any momentum (social media, the internet, SKY with virtual 24hrs coverage). Relying on the Pink and printed news for our information, we were far less informed than we all are now.

We still didn't do anything like enough though. Was proud of the Magpie group and the actions leading up to the takeover from Mckeag et al (In hindsight he looks a fucking saint), but as a fanbase we are far too soft, pliable and frankly pitiful.

Good job it wasn't us being asked to spearhead the cause for voting rights or improved workers rights et...No point. Not enough will join in, would be disloyal etc...we are living up to the thick Geordie bastard perception well enough though.

Heartbreaking.He will be pissing himself laughing. Have to admire the cunt in some ways.

We're Cambodia, and he's Colonel Walter E. Kurtz.

Whether that's based on guesswork or any real info, it's kinda stating the f***ing obvious.

Although to a lot of people the takeover was definitely real and going to happen.

Also, if this is true a fair few who said Bishop would have to be an evil mastermind to make up a fake takeover story, might need to think again.

2 problems with that

1. Why did the club not comment on outright lies?

2. Publicity with whom? Nobody knew what they do and still don't.

*This* is where Bishop earns his coin imo. Twisting truths and making up bullshit between the lines of fact.

Whether that's based on guesswork or any real info, it's kinda stating the f***ing obvious.

2 problems with that

1. Why did the club not comment on outright lies?

2. Publicity with whom? Nobody knew what they do and still don't.

*This* is where Bishop earns his coin imo. Twisting truths and making up bullshit between the lines of fact.

Seems everyone who has tried to buy us since Ashley took over has been a timewaster.

What a coincidence.

Theres 1 common denominator

Yet people believe that they aren't genuinely interested.