Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

When they say agreed price of £350mil  just means they agree that this is the price Ashley is asking for.  According to most reports they have done due diligence yet so don't know what the club is really worth.  As in previous Stavely/Kenyon interest they both valued the club at far less than this.  There are allegedly several potential buyers looking at it and all it takes is someone high up in NUFC to contact The Sun with a 'don't quote me' scoop and they would print it.  Then it goes to the Sheikh who may well be interested and sees it as a nice bit of publicity.

It's sad and tragic to think this way but this is the barrow boy Mike Ashley we are dealing with

I wonder what those who have these contacts are actually asking them. Obviously, "is there really a deal?" and "how far along is it?" but I would want to know "how long for it to be fully complete?".

I realise this would be a rough idea, but then I'd be wanting to know what the stages are that must be completed and once we know those then I'd be asking the experts/contacts "how long before you expect stage A (I don't have the knowledge to name these stages) to be complete? Then how long for stage B? How long...stage C? etc etc until the final completion. We then have the semblance of a roadmap and people can use this rough guide to steer their expectations.

Then we could ask the questions based around the stages we are at. For example, stage A is providing proof of funds. This should take 3 days as bank account balances are shown. We can then focus our speculation/criticism/support on that stage and expect updates accordingly.

Then we mix in questions, such as "what are their intentions for the club?", "will they keep Rafa?" "what sort of investment can we reasonably expect?".

Currently it's just a higgilty piggilty mess and it's driving wedges between fans and the journalists trying to report on this.

As an aside, I think our regular "good guy" journalists are on our side and it must be pretty awful when you're really trying to find stuff out but are getting abuse about your integrity. These folks are not piers morgan, I believe they *want* to bring us good news.

All I’m saying is, Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahayan graduated from Boston University before completing a PHD in finance from Michigan State.

Now look closer at that sentence, "Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahayan graduated from Boston University before completing a PHD in finance from Michigan State".

Now rearrange those letter and what do you get. That’s right, Keith Bishop.

They got us guys.

They came out and said they'd 'agreed terms' and a few people have said due diligence has been done.

It's not a Keith Bishop ploy, but I'm about 80% convinced that it won't happen and Ashley will say they're time wasters.

So going by GE’s snooping, our boys did a public show of a 200m investment in some indian state and never showed the money? ? I truly hope these guys are idiots and total no-hopers now, just for the laughs. Until reality sets in that we are stuck with Ashley forever.

Its become a bit of a farce to be honest. Journalists haven't helped provide clarity on the situation even from journalists that I would consider reliable which has just made the fanbase more nervous. The media have got defensive about it, but changing their stories with hourly updates hasn't helped and even journalists working under the same newspaper have contradicted each other.

Come back on Friday

Don’t waste time

Not sure if I'm a bit sick but I enjoy reading some of the insanity :lol: lengths people are going to for a sniff of something happening.

Fuckin family trees man.

If Rafa's demands were to difficult for Ashley to meet, could this be the latest stunt they're pulling to trick him into agreeing a deal? Basically saying the new owners want to be clear you are tied down to a contract before they buy and then that way if he doesn't agree the blame of no sale is on Rafa, if he agrees to a shitty deal with MA thinking its only short term then the deal collapses and the wankers have him trapped?

Or is this theory to far fetched.....

So going by GE’s snooping, our boys did a public show of a 200m investment in some indian state and never showed the money? ? I truly hope these guys are idiots and total no-hopers now, just for the laughs. Until reality sets in that we are stuck with Ashley forever.

Its become a bit of a farce to be honest. Journalists haven't helped provide clarity on the situation even from journalists that I would consider reliable which has just made the fanbase more nervous. The media have got defensive about it, but changing their stories with hourly updates hasn't helped and even journalists working under the same newspaper have contradicted each other.

It's the journalists who have turned it into a farce.

Look at what the people actually involved in the sale have said and put all the journos to one side. It's happening, fat man is gone, it'll be announced once it's completed.

The UK based journalists don't know shit, christ, they had the wrong guy ffs.

I wonder what those who have these contacts are actually asking them. Obviously, "is there really a deal?" and "how far along is it?" but I would want to know "how long for it to be fully complete?".

I realise this would be a rough idea, but then I'd be wanting to know what the stages are that must be completed and once we know those then I'd be asking the experts/contacts "how long before you expect stage A (I don't have the knowledge to name these stages) to be complete? Then how long for stage B? How long...stage C? etc etc until the final completion. We then have the semblance of a roadmap and people can use this rough guide to steer their expectations.

Then we could ask the questions based around the stages we are at. For example, stage A is providing proof of funds. This should take 3 days as bank account balances are shown. We can then focus our speculation/criticism/support on that stage and expect updates accordingly.

Then we mix in questions, such as "what are their intentions for the club?", "will they keep Rafa?" "what sort of investment can we reasonably expect?".

Currently it's just a higgilty piggilty mess and it's driving wedges between fans and the journalists trying to report on this.

As an aside, I think our regular "good guy" journalists are on our side and it must be pretty awful when you're really trying to find stuff out but are getting abuse about your integrity. These folks are not piers morgan, I believe they *want* to bring us good news.

I'd be asking "Am I pissing in the wind, here?" And I'd be out the door and back to work before they'd finished saying their first "Well...".

It's the journalists who have turned it into a farce.

Look at what the people actually involved in the sale have said and put all the journos to one side. It's happening, fat man is gone, it'll be announced once it's completed.

The UK based journalists don't know s***, christ, they had the wrong guy ffs.

Do you know something we don't know?

I’m not saying it’s going to happen or anything, but the journalists keep getting him mixed up with different guys, how are they supposed to even have a source close to him if they don’t even know who he is.

The Premier League for legal reasons won’t even be able to say if anything has been handed in to them, so it’s easy for one of them to say that the Premier League have told them theirs nothing on the table, legally they can’t come out to deny or confirm it.

why friday,this friday or next friday,why not monday or tuesday

Because their so called MD or some s*** said update in Friday.

The Geordie Dentist I think mentioned yesterday that something might happen Friday.

My reason for Friday is down to my "3 days for a substantial update or it's not happening" rule. I explained it in an earlier post, and I'm being a little more generous because it's been a UK bank holiday week, but if it's left in the air for longer than that I don't believe it's happening. It's a happy coincidence that someone purporting to being an official source (ish) said Friday too.

If this is Bishop he deserves a far better job than working under Ashley.

Yeah, it would be almost admirable the job hes doing.  :lol:

On a side note, we will hear from Ashley/Bishop soon. It will either be "I've sold the club because I care about its future," or most likely, "these guys are time wasters."

The interest may be genuine. My main concern is that MA/Bishop is using the situation to serve their own agenda since the opportunity has presented itself. I still don't think MA is interested in selling. I won't believe a sale has gone through until I see his highness in a picture on nufc.co.uk holding a nufc scarf over his head confirming the deal is done.

Not going to happen, it's more Keith Bishop bullshit

It's fucking not man.

I'm not saying it'll happen but Keith Bishop isn't the PR overlord people seem to think he is.

Do you really think he has the clout to tell sheikhs to pretend they're buying a football club just to lead a fanbase on?

So called ‘Sheikhs’

It’s so going to turn out ‘Sheikh Khaled’ is Justin Barnes’s mate Dave from down the Dog and Duck