Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Shearer calls them that aswell, annoying.

Aye, noticed that last night.

A lot more annoying than pigeon lady saying it.

I used to be annoyed by it, but I guess it’s natural. When people say Real everybody knows which team it’s referring to even though there are many Reals out there.

Shearer calls them that aswell, annoying.

Aye, noticed that last night.

A lot more annoying than pigeon lady saying it.

I used to be annoyed by it, but I guess it’s natural. When people say Real everybody knows which team it’s referring to even though there are many Reals out there.

And it's their differentiator, they've always been known as 'Manchester United', 'Man U', and 'United' because of City. for Real Madrid, it's them or Atlético. We don't have that distinction, so we're just normally referred to as Newcastle rather than Newcastle United. I think you'd have to be particularly sensitive to be irritated when Manchester United is referred to just as United. If you asked people or fans in the street what team 'United' were, invariably they're going to describe Manchester United.

Absolute non-issue. We are called Newcastle or The Toon or Magpies.

Man United are always called United because they have 2 teams in their city.

It’s crazy how people get uptight about it. No-one bats an eyelid when people say, ‘City’.

Absolute non-issue. We are called Newcastle or The Toon or Magpies.

Man United are always called United because they have 2 teams in their city.

It’s crazy how people get uptight about it. No-one bats an eyelid when people say, ‘City’.

I've never called us "United" in conversation. Always Newcastle or Toon. Never say Magpies, but some do sometimes.

Weird thing to get uptight about IMO.

Always thought it was Glasgow Rangers & Glasgow Celtic.

It is.

As for being uptight about "United" i'm not really but for a Geordie and Newcastle fan to call them that is just weird, i for one never call them that, either Man United or Man U...or c***s.

Aren't they called The Rangers these days since they went bust?

Anyone, but particularly a fan, who refers to Newcastle as Magpies in conversation should have their hard-drives checked.

He said after the match that after the Leicester performance 'everyone comes under the pump' 

What the hell was he going on about, his penis enlarger?  I've never heard that expression before

Steve Bruce, like many footballers that have just not existed in the real world, mix their metaphors. He probably meant to say 'All hands to the pumps', but because he didn't understand what it meant, misremembered it.

Steve Bruce, like many footballers that have just not existed in the real world, mix their metaphors. He probably meant to say 'All hands to the pumps', but because he didn't understand what it meant, misremembered it.

I think he meant under fire, he was talking about getting criticism after the 5-0 loss. He's just a bit simple and should probably stick to simple language if he doesn't want to come across thicker than he is. "What stays in the dressing room stays in the dressing room" was another pearler. He's like a hapless combo of Joe Kinnear and John Carver.

He said after the match that after the Leicester performance 'everyone comes under the pump' 

What the hell was he going on about, his penis enlarger?  I've never heard that expression before

To be under the pump indeed means to be under pressure in the workplace, but usually to meet a deadline, not raise performance. No doubt something overheard at some coaching course and didn’t understand.