Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

You haven't really shown me evidence though mate, you've basically just said that if you take away ticket revenue that we'd make a loss.

I hadn't looked at the accounts and you're right we would make a loss.

We made a profit of £18.7 so taking away ticket revenue we would make a loss.

But do you really think that makes Ashley sell the club? We've had years in the past where we've made a loss and he hasn't sold the club or lowered his price.

Im sorry like but just because you come from a scientific background that doesn't mean you're correct.

You're missing my point. I'm saying that coming from a scientific background, my default standpoint when confronted with new information is to think I might NOT be correct. To question my own thoughts, and the new information, and to see which holds most weight. I'm always 100% happy to be wrong and to change my views accordingly if shown something which I find outweighs my existing world view.

The frustrating thing is when other people do the opposite and won't even accept that another point of view could possibly carry any weight whatsoever. It's why the whole world is in a fucking mess at the moment with Trump, Brexit, climate change deniers, and indeed radicals of any kind on any part of a political or religious spectrum. If we all critically evaluated information put in front of us and were more flexible in our outlooks, the world would be an infinitely better place. So I'm about as far as anyone ever could be from saying that I think that because of my background I'm always right.

Anyway.

Yes, we've had individual years in which Ashley made a loss. You say you don't think that means Ashley will be more likely to sell. Do you remember when we were relegated to the Championship and he dropped the club's asking price?

Because that's what happened very publicly in 2009.

What you're suggesting won't happen has already happened in the past, under Mike Ashley, under the situation you describe. The problem is we went straight back up again so he got the TV money back. If we go down and stay down, history suggests he'll sell and sell cheap.

You haven't really shown me evidence though mate, you've basically just said that if you take away ticket revenue that we'd make a loss.

But do you really think that makes Ashley sell the club? We've had years in the past where we've made a loss and he hasn't sold the club or lowered his price.

Im sorry like but just because you come from a scientific background that doesn't mean you're correct.

You're missing my point. I'm saying that coming from a scientific background, my default standpoint when confronted with new information is to think I might NOT be correct. To question my own thoughts, and the new information, and to see which holds most weight. I'm always 100% happy to be wrong and to change my views accordingly if shown something which I find outweighs my existing world view.

The frustrating thing is when other people do the opposite and won't even accept that another point of view could possibly carry any weight whatsoever. It's why the whole world is in a f***ing mess at the moment with Trump, Brexit, climate change deniers, and indeed radicals of any kind on any part of a political or religious spectrum. If we all critically evaluated information put in front of us and were more flexible in our outlooks, the world would be an infinitely better place. So I'm about as far as anyone ever could be from saying that I think that because of my background I'm always right.

Anyway.

Yes, we've had individual years in which Ashley made a loss. You say you don't think that means Ashley will be more likely to sell. Do you remember when we were relegated to the Championship and he dropped the club's asking price?

What you're suggesting won't happen has already happened in the past, under Mike Ashley, under the situation you describe. The problem is we went straight back up again so he got the TV money back. If we go down and stay down, history suggests he'll sell and sell cheap.

Did he drop his asking price though? And if he did, he still didn't sell the club

The frustrating thing is when other people do the opposite and won't even accept that another point of view could possibly carry any weight whatsoever. It's why the whole world is in a f***ing mess at the moment with Trump, Brexit, climate change deniers, and indeed radicals of any kind on any part of a political or religious spectrum. If we all critically evaluated information put in front of us and were more flexible in our outlooks, the world would be an infinitely better place. So I'm about as far as anyone ever could be from saying that I think that because of my background I'm always right.

Anyway.

Did he drop his asking price though? And if he did, he still didn't sell the club

Bet your wife beats you.

I think you've got to ask yourself why does Ashley want to keep the club? Once you have the answer to that you need to do whatever you can to undermine that. Give him no reason to want the club anymore.

In it to make money? Dont give him any money.

In it to market SD? Dont give him the brand image he wants, which is a nice full stadium.

By continuing to go, you're fully complicit.

That's the crux of it.

You know that continuing to go will not change anything (see Einstein) and you know that you going to "support the team" and supporting Mike Ashley are not mutually exclusive in any way.

Thats YOUR opinion, just because fans on here keep saying it, it doesn't mean it's true.

A large proportion disagree, that's the part that nobody seem to be getting.

A large proportion think that the manager and players deserve the backing from the fans which is why they go to support them.

Just because people on here keep saying that if you go to the games you're just as bad as Mike Ashley, that doesn't mean it's true.

What part of that is opinion? We've filled the stadium for 12 years under Ashley and he's no closer to leaving so it stands to reason we need to try something else, couple in the fact whenever he's come up against dissent he's done something to appease the fans proves it does affect him, why not try for the greater good? That's all anyone is asking, if it doesn't work then it doesn't work but at least we've tried? Secondly it's a fact that if you're paying to go support the team, you are financially supporting the regime, no two ways about it, the money goes to Ashley and he continues to steer it away from the club. Both are facts, not opinion.

Howay lads let's move on.fuck this, those who go have made the choice, sleep with the devil.

Aye, I think it's got beyond the point in trying to convince anyone. I have no problem with those who want to go to games, just don't try to pretend full grounds aren't important to Ashley.

Either this guy is a long time season ticket holder who can't bear to give up attending - which is fair enough - or he's a WUM.

Anyway.

Yes.

He reduced the asking price to £80m if Moat would pay up front.

As for him not selling, no he didn't. No doubt most of that was on Moat, who nobody thinks was serious now. But he DID reduce his asking price on something he'd paid over £130m for just a couple of years previously because, as he said to lots of Newcastle staff and as reported by Paul Ferris in his book....

"“Mike Ashley sat slumped in the chair in front of us,” he writes.

“He took a packet of sandwiches out of a plastic supermarket bag. He peeled the wrapper off and ate half the contents in two bites. He devoured it like he hadn’t eaten all week. His hair was unkempt and his shirt was tucked into his jeans on one side but flapped loosely on his thigh at the other.

(Ashley said): “I’m selling the club. I’ve had enough. I’m a businessman. I’ve had great success in business but not this business. This business is unique. I don’t understand it and never will. It’s oil and water for me and I want out."

So he absolutely can and will want to sell if we're causing him trouble. He absolutely WILL take a loss. He will not sit here and lose money hand over foot, year on year, and just tack that all onto the asking price because that has never been the way to sell a business that's making a loss at any point in history, ever.

What won't get him out is if we're making him a profit every year, and as already demonstrated with numbers, season ticket revenues are the difference between profit and loss. It is demonstrably the difference between him staying and going.

You stated earlier that if you thought boycotting would make Ashley leave you'd cancel your ticket immediately. Well the number for the box office is 0344 372 1892 or you can email them at boxofficeNUFC[/member].co.uk

This is so fucking tiresome..

Back to Bruce I think he will pick up some good results this season and we will be safe. NOTE.. Not due to Bruce's management but more the legacy Rafa has left behind.

How can you say this we have no strikers as it is we wont score 20 goals all season

We are absolute certainties to go down as it stands now

We've got Gayle and Muto.. Actually I should of added providing we get a couple of strikers (which I think we will) The three who have come up will go down IMO

You're absolutely deluded if you think the 3 promoted teams will go down. No way will we finish above Villa

I will still watch matches on TV when I'm sat at home in Florida. I will be upset if we lose, like I always get. I will be upset if we draw, if we should have won. I'll be happy if we draw when we shouldn't have, and I'll be happy if we win. I'll also commit to support any and all causes to rid MA or any manager not fit for purpose if there are any campaigns as such, just like I have done before. Instead of spending money on merchandise each year, I will use that same money to help fund said causes and groups to rid us of Mike Ashley and his cronies. Other than that, there isn't much for me to do. So I will continue randomly talking about the team, players, transfers, football in general etc - despite having lost most of my love with it due to what has transpired here this summer.

This guy is clearly a Bishop pawn like, which is encouraging really, Mike is panicking.

Have you been sent to any other forums Seymour? You aren't also toonraider on TOTT are you?

Jesus, just got in and glanced through a bit of this thread, it's definitely his full time job, posting shite like.

The forum equivalent of the masked assailants attacking pro-democracy/anti-government protesters in Hong Kong.

The black ops this club deploys needs to be exposed, its sickening, a freudian volunteering of guilt that you'd even need to do it and cannot be allowed to be acceptable in football.

If the Oyston's had the money and a PR machine.

This club, our club, has literally spent more on disinformation campaigns against the fans (by extension against the club) than on players. Absolutely disgraceful.

The forum equivalent of the masked assailants attacking pro-democracy/anti-government protesters in Hong Kong.

The black ops this club deploys needs to be exposed, its sickening, a freudian volunteering of guilt that you'd even need to do it and cannot be allowed to be acceptable in football.

This club, our club, has literally spent more on disinformation campaigns against the fans (by extension against the club) than on players. Absolutely disgraceful.

What the what, so Seymour is a false flag?

What the what, so Seymour is a false flag?

Bishop's PR services probably extend to social media influencing. However, I don't think Seymour is influencing anyone.  :lol:

He's just distracting. Although the club likes to distract also, see takeover rumours while Rafa was leaving.