Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Shelvey saying he prefers playing for Bruce than Rafa :anguish:

He didn't quite put it like that did he now, he said he needed the change as he wasn't in Rafa's team. He also said he likes a manager to talk to him, where Rafa didn't really do that.

He made the point that it was just his view on it, and also pointed Rafa was a great manager and wasn't criticising him.

No he didn't.

He said he personally prefers a manager who's style it is to talk to his players rather than Rafa's more clinical style, but said Rafa was brilliant for him.

He didn't quite put it like that did he now, he said he needed the change as he wasn't in Rafa's team. He also said he likes a manager to talk to him, where Rafa didn't really do that.

He made the point that it was just his view on it, and also pointed Rafa was a great manager and wasn't criticising him.

Shelvey was on his way out under Rafa

He was/ is renting a house in Darras and was asked if he’d be here this season and his reply was not if Rafa was still here.

No he didn't.

He said he personally prefers a manager who's style it is to talk to his players rather than Rafa's more clinical style, but said Rafa was brilliant for him.

You've managed to disagree and agree with me at the same time, nice work Greggers :lol:

No he didn't.

You've managed to disagree and agree with me at the same time, nice work Greggers :lol:

No.

You stated he said he prefers playing for Bruce than Benitez. He quite categorically did not say that. He commented on management styles, not which manager he prefers to play under. I mean he's been working with Bruce for a matter of hours.

Kinda curious how the Rafa rejects turn out.

Got a feeling we may have a bright start, the press and pundits will start off a 'who needs Rafa' campaign, "the player who was frozen out under Benitez puts Newcastle ahead," etc...

Then after a couple of games we'll get hammered 6-0 and not make it out of the bottom 3 all season

No he didn't.

No.

You stated he said he prefers playing for Bruce than Benitez. He quite categorically did not say that. He commented on management styles, not which manager he prefers to play under. I mean he's been working with Bruce for a matter of hours.

You've done it again 🥴 make your mind up 😉

No he didn't.

No.

You've done it again 🥴 make your mind up 😉

I can only presume you don't understand that preferring a certain man management style doesn't = prefer playing for Bruce over Rafa.

Bruce hasn't even taken control of a match yet. :lol:

"Longstaff very much reminds me of a Michael Carrick. I’m not aware that he’s going to United, I’m not aware of that at all."

Is that from Bruce?

Guest Howaythetoon

United? :lol:

By the way Bruce was a very good player, similar to Tony Adams in that he could play, but didn’t look like he could. Vastly underrated IMO and he’d have walked into our side in his prime in any of our better sides easily. He was a leader as well and tough to boot.