Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

If we think Benítez did wonders keeping us up comfortably for two seasons, what Martinez did with Wigan before they finally dropped was fantastic...plus obviously a cup win too.

He’s done fuck all since. He’s shite

He took Everton to the brink of the Champions League. He also likes playing from the back. Schar & Lejeune would enjoy playing under him you’d think.

he can't coach a defence to save his life we'll be conceding goals for fun

Give me a thrilling 3-4 defeat over a 1-0 win any day.

I actually like Martinez. Did an amazing job at Wigan, tries to play good football. Went wrong at the end at Everton but I like him.

He's better than some say but he didn't do amazing at Wigan. Steve Bruce did better. He relied on playing against teams on the beach at the end of the season about 4 years in a row to stay up

Edit: Forgot about the FA Cup so better than Steve Bruce, aye but still not amazing

Fuck Martinez

"He (McManaman) has not a nasty bone and is not bad-intentioned. "The referee was in a perfect position, he is looking at the incident, where the ball is and where the ball is hitting. "When you get the ball and then there is a follow-up it is very difficult for a panel to punish that."

_66450925_filwigannewcastle01.jpg

If we think Benítez did wonders keeping us up comfortably for two seasons, what Martinez did with Wigan before they finally dropped was fantastic...plus obviously a cup win too.

He took Everton to the brink of the Champions League. He also likes playing from the back. Schar & Lejeune would enjoy playing under him you’d think.

So did Pardew with us tbf

Yeah like they did under Rafa :thup:

He would also carry on our 3-4-2-1 too.

Martinez and Quique Setien would be my two favourites for those reasons.

Why are we even discussing a new manager no one gives a fuck who comes in whoever's it is obviously agreed to work under strict restrictions so instantly is a yes man pasty

Redfearn will get the job without a shadow of a doubt

You're an enigma :lol: You like Quique Setien and Roberto Martinez while constantly berating managers who have the exact same style as them

Why are we even discussing a new manager no one gives a fuck who comes in whoever's it is obviously agreed to work under strict restrictions so instantly is a yes man pasty

Redfearn will get the job without a shadow of a doubt

Word.

I don’t know about doubts lurking in shadows, but Redfearn is certainly the man most likely. Don’t believe Martinez would leave Belgium, don’t believe Ashley would pay compensation for anyone, don’t believe anyone who agreed to come here under Ashley should be given one iota of respect.

52000 people will give anyone respect man just so long as their addiction is serviced ... the most crazy fanbase in the world bar none. Ashleys face when the ground is packed v Arsenal with a team of loanees and a bit part manager his sides will split man  ;D

Guest chopey

Would be disappointed if they ended up appointing somebody with pedigree and accidentally having another season some way ahead of the bottom three.

This could be totally the way it plays out, the £50 million lined up for transfers is now gone we will spend half of what we get in and if the new manager gets us to 38 points he'll get a bit cash next year to spend on assets to replace our current crop, rinse and repeat just to exist.

You're an enigma :lol: You like Quique Setien and Roberto Martinez while constantly berating managers who have the exact same style as them

I just love 3-4-2-1 and I like their versions of it they could definitely make the most of Schar and Lejuene playing out from the back.

I think with the solid base Rafa built it would be a good base for them to come in and add their flair to it.

Guest Howaythetoon

Martinez will be exciting, it will be like watching us under Keegan when we were losing 4-3 every week at Anfield, only with shittier defenders, boring haircuts, lots of tattoos and no grandad top. Oh and lots of SD adverts. I’ll take that if it brings the entertainers trophy back home and we become everyone’s second favourite team again.

He’s done f*** all since. He’s s****

I just love 3-4-2-1 and I like their versions of it they could definitely make the most of Schar and Lejuene playing out from the back.

I think with the solid base Rafa built it would be a good base for them to come in and add their flair to it.

Yeah and beat City home and away as well as Liverpool - the futures bright without Rafa eh

I actually like Martinez. Did an amazing job at Wigan, tries to play good football. Went wrong at the end at Everton but I like him.

I like him too. Still such a young manager that I think should have learned and improved more over the last few years.

It will be very interesting to see what players we can get in midfield and upfront. That is really the key thing.

The defence is already sorted for him for the most part.

I like him too. Still such a young manager that I think should have learned and improved more over the last few years.

It will be very interesting to see what players we can get in midfield and upfront. That is really the key thing.

The defence is already sorted for him for the most part.

Mate, please stop :D

It doesn't matter.

Guest Howaythetoon

If I actually gave a fuck or two, the club if they had half a brain cell should be looking at someone who won’t deviate too much from the core of what Rafa built the team’s success over the last 3 years on and that’s defensive solidity, compact shape, front to back pressing and a high work rate and level of fitness.

Someone like Puel would be a good fit to come in and maintain that or at least preserve a lot of that. He did relatively well at Southampton and Leicester and is someone who will you imagine be able to work under their remit and maybe even be of extra use in the French market which the club have been the most active in regarding scouting and buying over the years.

He’s unattached unless I’m mistaken, wouldn’t be expensive or as political and confrontational as Rafa nor as much of a risk.

Ultimately, however, he does strike you as someone who lacks the personality of character for the size of this job and the drama that follows when the owner is as reckless and as stupid as Ashley is. Nah stay away Puel, you’ll be chewed up and spat out in no time.

You don’t have the bull shit spell of Pardew, the authority of Rafa, the confidence of fans and players like Rafa or the lick arse slimy confidence of Pardew.

You’d be another Hughton, with the added xenophobia.

He’d be someone if we were a normal club looking to move on in a more right facing way I’d not be unhappy to see take over as manager.

If I cared anyway.

Crosses fingers king Pardew the second coming happens :lol: