Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Has this ever happened before? A manager claiming he can’t play the way he wants because of the way the previous manager played? :lol:

It’s incredible that nobody is calling him on this.

What a s**** sport.

:lol: Similar to what I was saying, as far as I know this has never happened. It's such a novel excuse that there is no known example of a manager using it in over 150 years of professional football being played.

How does he actually want us to play then? I’ve barely seen us play this season so it would be interesting to hear how Bruce wants them set up.

He wants us to mirror the Ajax style - possession based football with quick offensive players

Has this ever happened before? A manager claiming he can’t play the way he wants because of the way the previous manager played? :lol:

What a s**** sport.

:lol: Similar to what I was saying, as far as I know this has never happened. It's such a novel excuse that there is no known example of a manager using it in over 150 years of professional football being played.

It took KK a decent while to get the big Sam stink out. That said he didn’t use it as an excuse.

How does he actually want us to play then? I’ve barely seen us play this season so it would be interesting to hear how Bruce wants them set up.

The Barcelona of the North East. But Rafa signed nothing but turgid boring defensive players. Poor Bruce.

I don't hate Bruce, but where I used to hunt out all Rafa interviews, I actively avoid Bruce. Unfortunately as a manager is pretty much your main link in to a club, it's left me rather ambivalent

I rescind this. Actively dislike him now.

What a s**** sport.

It took KK a decent while to get the big Sam stink out. That said he didn’t use it as an excuse.

He didn't stop trying to fix it either. IIRC he told the players not to be afraid to pass or bring the ball forward, he would take full responsibility for it. This on the other hand, feels like Bruce is throwing the players under the bus.

One other thing I can't understand. After last week's loss Bruce was pissed off with the players and saying there were plenty others itching to get the chance to start. So from that you would think he means that he was going to bring in players to do things how he wants them done. Now he's saying he's going back to Rafa's system so I'm not really sure what he's doing at this point. Which one is it?

One other thing I can't understand. After last week's loss Bruce was pissed off with the players and saying there were plenty others itching to get the chance to start. So from that you would think he means that he was going to bring in players to do things how he wants them done. Now he's saying he's going back to Rafa's system so I'm not really sure what he's doing at this point. Which one is it?

Bruce has no idea what he's doing at this (or any other) point either.

Guest Howaythetoon

Urgh reading some of this in here I’m quickly turning towards wanting the team to get humped dry every game like under Pardew, what a fucking fraud Bruce is!  Same levels!

Have we seen one single bit of evidence of any attempt at a 'positive' attacking bit of football? Rafas tactics by the way were definitely cautious but was about making us a very difficult to break down unit for a platform to attack from. We scored plenty of goals second half of last season. Calling them Negative is silly, we were never a Pulis side or anything. As for team unity it was beyond clear that teh squad would run through walls for Rafa. It's probably because he's let Colback and Shelvey back into the fold more.

Since when has Bruce ever been known for attacking football anyway? The sides of his I recall were fairly defensive as well. I wasn't a big fan of Rafa before he came here as I thought he did set up quite cautiously, but at least you could respect him for doing a thorough and well thought out job of it.

I'm sure the players would be happy to take on a more attacking style if Bruce had any idea how to execute it. Run harder and show some pride isn't going to do it.

What a s**** sport.

It’s almost admirable the balls on him to say such a thing. :lol:

It would be the instant sack at any functioning organisation.

It's a pure admission he can't actually do the job :lol:. 6 games in and he's already trying to pass the blame for his terrible performances on everything but himself.

He doesn't know himself. He's now presumably just going to say "do what you did under Rafa" and then he can blame Rafa when it doesn't work.  :lol:

That’ll be exactly the team talk: ‘do what wuh did under the foreigner’