Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Pulis might not be the worst thing in the world. He was a passionate man 15 years ago. If he could give them a kick up the arse and drag us over the line, that would be all you need from him.

Hughes, on the other hand, is an empty vessel of a man. He couldn’t give a hitchhiker a lift, let alone Dusty Brucefield’s broken squad.

Howe? As others have said, a long-term appointment would not bode well for the takeover. Is he the kind of bloke that inspires people short-term? We’d be better off appointing some deranged fucking nutter for that kind of thing. Sunderland did it for about eight seasons. We just need to do it for one.

As much as I can’t stand him, I honestly think Pearson could get the 5 wins or so that we need, provided we got him in now.

No way would I want him long term though.

That’s pretty much my thinking too. He isn’t really a good manager but he’s got the requisite psychopath qualities to get you a short term bounce.

Problem is, anyone short term will just be kept on indefinitely like Bruce is now.

A "mad thought" perhaps, but can we possibly get Rafa in 'temporarily' again (Deja Vu . . . ) and then any problems for the new owners having to keep our temporary manager (who they may not have wanted) on indefinitely . . . well, it doesn't apply does it?

I mean, he is now available, isn't he.

Rafa would definitely NOT come back in any kind of permanent role under the current ownership (after the way he was treated by Ashley and all the broken promises) but he could be tempted by another temporary rescue job, particularly if his friends in the Consortium have indicated their imminent success to him !!

Yeah, Pulis just got sacked after 45 days at Sheffield Wednesday, would be a crazy move.

Text book Ashley though.

Seems to have a fetish for failed championship managers, lately specifically of Sheffield Wednesday. And no compensation with this one.

Someone did mention on here recently that MA still leans on Graham Carr for footballing advice and he was the one that suggested Jones as a coach, and so if we do change managers hopefully we won't be seeing anymore PFMs.

Is it just me and my blind hatred for this bloke or does anyone else find his backroom team thoroughly unlikeable?

I’m not sure I find them unlikeable. They are just wholly uninspiring and incompetent and they shouldn’t be anywhere near our club.

The shite we’ve had to put up with at times man. Pardew, Carver, Stone and Woodman and now these 3 absolute clowns.

I remember when I detested Pardew, even at the peak of everyone hating him he still had people defend him.

I haven’t seen one person defend Bruce.

(Fans I mean, not his fellow dinosaurs in the media)

I feel like that's a really good point. Basically none of our own sticking up for the bloke, just other clubs' supporters regurgitating the Sky Sports Approved Opinion To Have About Steve Bruce that they heard on the tele.

I remember when I detested Pardew, even at the peak of everyone hating him he still had people defend him.

I haven’t seen one person defend Bruce.

(Fans I mean, not his fellow dinosaurs in the media)

I feel like that's a really good point. Basically none of our own sticking up for the bloke, just other clubs' supporters regurgitating the Sky Sports Approved Opinion To Have About Steve Bruce that they heard on the tele.

We were significantly less dead inside back then, though. Remember thinking it'd get better if only Pardew were gone? :lol: Feels like childhood memories.

Tbh, I’ve been equally dead inside for the last 7 years. Pardew broke me, I loved Rafa but always knew how it would end. I’ve always defended Bruce when compared to Pardew, but I’ve got to admit he’s just as bad, though no where near on as big of a cunt. If we can get someone other than the pfm’s. We should. If it’s true that Ashley still leans on Carr that makes sense, Carr was good at scouting players, but fucked up completely when his opportunity to appoint a good manager came up.

Tbh, I’ve been equally dead inside for the last 7 years. Pardew broke me, I loved Rafa but always knew how it would end. I’ve always defended Bruce when compared to Pardew, but I’ve got to admit he’s just as bad, though no where near on as big of a c*** . If we can get someone other than the pfm’s. We should. If it’s true that Ashley still leans on Carr that makes sense, Carr was good at scouting players, but f***ed up completely when his opportunity to appoint a good manager came up.

Have to say. I probably agreed with this point before I'd paid enough attention to Bruce, before he joined. But having now experienced how he conducts himself. I think we're splitting hairs with these two cunts. Both frauds and conmen who just deflect and hide in plain sight, stealing a living.

He is not as openly arrogant. Delusional yes, especially when it comes to his own abilities. Probably also why he is still in the game.

Scale of rancidity for me remains:

Pardew

Souness

Bruce - Carver

McClaren

Fat Sam - Despise him but his tenure here on balance was better than the above.

Kinnear

Roeder - Good honourable bloke and only on there because he was terrible as a coach.

Bobby, Rafa, Kev and Hughton n/r obviously

If anything Bruce far exceeded my expectations, I presumed we would be down by last Christmas. He should never have been here. It is as much as embarrassment as Kinnear at this point. Outwitted by every manager, young or old.