Joelinton

Stifler

2 hours ago, Astroblack said:

The thing about Joelinton is it just doesn’t feel like any other team would want him. We paid £40 mil and we’re not going to see anything close to that. He won’t be used as effectively anywhere else but here. Basically, he’s worth more to us than any other team. 

Well, he’s picked up five caps for Brazil at age of 27. Four years or so after we signed him. He’s a very important part of our squad. We know how he can play—nobody is 100% all the time— and we should just look forward to seeing that kind of form intermittently throughout the season; hopefully when matters most. 

He seems angrier than normal this season and it feels like that's affecting his performances. Perhaps a confidence thing after missing so much of last season and not ending it particularly well either.

He was actually pretty decent for the first 20 minutes against Wolves, but a couple of bad passes and a foul (that wasn't a foul) that the ref didn't give his way and the game got away from him.

11 hours ago, Astroblack said:

The thing about Joelinton is it just doesn’t feel like any other team would want him. We paid £40 mil and we’re not going to see anything close to that. He won’t be used as effectively anywhere else but here. Basically, he’s worth more to us than any other team. 

Simeone at Atletico would sign him in a heartbeat, and many others I suspect.

He just needs to concentrate during games and stop getting so wound up.

He is still plenty good enough. Just a reminder of what he gives the team, and what other teams would gladly get, regardless of how clumsy it might look every now and then ... 

chrome_screenshot_17Sep202411_41_45BST.thumb.png.33bd9b38a1e8f498ca05c7b9f87eafb9.png

Edited by KaKa

He deserves to keep his place for now but Willock is a perfect 60-65 minute sub for him. Once he's suspended (which won’t be long) he might struggle to get back in.

Willock, Bruno and Tonali has real potential, Bruno’s lack of pace should be less concerning, the need for Big Jo to act as an enforcer then hopefully becomes less of a requirement.

One thing for sure is that Longstaff, Bruno and Big Jo as a 3 isn’t the way forward.

I feel like JL does most of his good defending when he’s running back and tackling an unsuspecting opponent. He has the desire, engine, pace and strength to do this very effectively. Don’t think he reads the game well to play as a 6 and I don’t think he has the mindset of safety first about his passing either.

He’s best for us as an attacking midfielder who will absolutely help out in recovering the ball. 
He can pass well but he has tendency for high risk high reward passes that you would expect from a forward player. Those are best done further from our goal, obvs.

On 17/09/2024 at 00:16, Astroblack said:

Why exactly?

We have a habit of downplaying our players after a few average games. He's a beast when in-form.  

Because of his age Joelinton has to be on the list of players we'd consider selling for the right price. He feels like enough of a name that Saudi could be an option too.

But the problem we have with him (and little Joe) is he offers unique attributes for which we have no alternative. Maybe we wouldn't be after a like replacement for Joelinton as maybe that's part of how we need to evolve, but it would definitely create a big gap.

Just a poor game & some ppl already thinking about selling him haha.

3 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Because of his age Joelinton has to be on the list of players we'd consider selling for the right price. He feels like enough of a name that Saudi could be an option too.

But the problem we have with him (and little Joe) is he offers unique attributes for which we have no alternative. Maybe we wouldn't be after a like replacement for Joelinton as maybe that's part of how we need to evolve, but it would definitely create a big gap.

Bruno is a year younger btw.

Isak is injury prone, so let discuss about selling him cause who knows we might not get enough money from him 2 season from now.

Who knows what more came out of the Tonali bag, let sell him before he gets any further ban.

Gordons form has drop since his head turned by Liverpool bid, so lets sell him aswell.

7 hours ago, HalloNUFC said:

Just a poor game & some ppl already thinking about selling him haha.

Bruno is a year younger btw.

Isak is injury prone, so let discuss about selling him cause who knows we might not get enough money from him 2 season from now.

Who knows what more came out of the Tonali bag, let sell him before he gets any further ban.

Gordons form has drop since his head turned by Liverpool bid, so lets sell him aswell.

We’re going to have to sell players. Players who are good. My comment has nothing to do with his form.

14 hours ago, Shearergol said:

He needs to do some yoga or something and chill out. He can be a beast without wanting to go full WWE.

I don't mind his aggression even if he does need to keep a lid on it at times, it's part of what makes him such a force in our side. I just wish he could sometimes slow down a touch and maintain control in the midfield areas. Although I guess because he's quite progressive with the ball he is more likely to be a bit looser with possession.

Nah I wouldn't sell him at all, I'd keep him here for as long as he can still play, and I think he's the type of lad that would be happy doing so. 

Bruno and a few others will probably leave for success but Joe will be our ever present in our journey to us winning stuff.