Joelinton

Stifler

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Sometimes there is no man on but Joe is dawdling so much that a man gets on to him.  It’s the most basic midfield play. 

He struggles with that, and it's clearly a weakness.

His team mates should be on him about that though. 

To let him know to quicken his play in general, and to alert him if anyone is closing on him.

It's really annoying.

3 hours ago, KaKa said:

It's actually got to the point I blame the rest of the team.

It happens so often now that they are clearly not screaming at him that there is a man closing in on him.

Help the guy out for goodness sake. Man on!!!!!

Most outrageous take of the day. 

Thought he was OK today apart from the getting caught in possession a few times. It really put us under pressure and he needs to cut it out as it seems to be happening more and more.

Edited by Scoot

Just now, Superior Acuña said:

I thought he was great

He really wasn’t, second half he gave the ball away so much, very good off the ball but really poor on it. Hopefully just an off day. 

I thought he largely had a good game bar a couple of errors late on when he looked a bit knackered. Even then though the mistakes were between crucial defensive actions. 

Good and bad . The good nearly scored, made several key defensive interceptions and headers. The bad : caught in possession at least twice, this has been recurrent problem in games and needs sorting. That being said in the "big"games I'm starting him , Bruno and Tonali. I think in games where we want to break teams down more who are sitting in it should be Willock rather than big Joe. 

Edited by Keggy_Keagal

10 minutes ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Good and bad . The good nearly scored, made several key defensive interceptions and headers. The bad : caught in possession at least twice, this has been recurrent problem in games and needs sorting. That being said in the "big"games I'm starting him , Bruno and Tonali. I think in games where we want to break teams down more who are sitting in it should be Willock rather than big Joe. 

Definitely agree in big games he needs to start with Bruno and Tonali.

One area of work he needs to do is long range passing, there were at least 2 occasions when he had time and space and either the fullback and winger had pulled away from his man.

48 minutes ago, Disco said:

Banned after his next bewking.

They really need to review the 5-10 yellow card limits for bans, IMO. They get dished out a lot these days. This season seems particularly stringent. 

I just checked and there are 4 players who already have 4 yellows. 12 on 3. 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You've never actually played the sport have you?

What are you, like 300 pounds? And bedridden?

Ah mate, such a lack of intelligence so resorting to shit crack. I played from the age of 10 to last week. I run marathons and I’m in the best shape of my life. 

Now the insults are out the way, let’s talk like grown ups. Joelintons awareness today was as poor as it’s been for the last couple of years. Go watch the game back, the second half especially, see how many times he got caught on the ball needlessly, yes you rely on communication from your team but Joe got caught a lot more than anyone else .  My 12 year old spotted it, I’d have expected you too as well. 

I didn’t think he was that bad on the ball but he is regularly slow to sort himself and play it. Always just assumed it was from him becoming a late convert to midfield play and needing to progress it forward rather than being in the forward line himself plus him having faith he can shrug the oppo off.

2 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Ah mate, such a lack of intelligence so resorting to shit crack. I played from the age of 10 to last week. I run marathons and I’m in the best shape of my life. 

Now the insults are out the way, let’s talk like grown ups. Joelintons awareness today was as poor as it’s been for the last couple of years. Go watch the game back, the second half especially, see how many times he got caught on the ball needlessly, yes you rely on communication from your team but Joe got caught a lot more than anyone else .  My 12 year old spotted it, I’d have expected you too as well. 

:lol:

Disappointed you took that so seriously.

Now to the serious bit. Never said he didn't lose the ball did I? He lost it loads. Not just this game either.

And no one ever seems to get on him about it, or seems to alert him when he's being closed down.

Surely, you can see that too?

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

:lol:

Disappointed you took that so seriously.

Now to the serious bit. Never said he didn't lose the ball did I? He lost it loads. Not just this game either.

And no one ever seems to get on him about it, or seems to alert him when he's being closed down.

Surely, you can see that too?

He’s an elite level footballer playing at the highest level. He shouldn’t need a ‘man on’ shout every time he gets the ball. At times today he was just sloppy and we’ve seen it a bit too much so far this season.

Im a massive Joe fan, think he’s a beast, but he’s just a bit complacent on the ball right now. 

1 minute ago, Elliottman said:

He’s an elite level footballer playing at the highest level. He shouldn’t need a ‘man on’ shout every time he gets the ball. At times today he was just sloppy and we’ve seen it a bit too much so far this season.

Im a massive Joe fan, think he’s a beast, but he’s just a bit complacent on the ball right now. 

I actually think it's something that has to be addressed specifically. He needs to move the ball quicker, and I don't think he's above his team mates letting him know that.

Very noticeable we don't have the kind of personalities that would do that though. You see players get on each other on the pitch about things all the time. I don't think it's a crazy notion.