Joelinton

Stifler

People will tell you that Mitro scored 13 goals or whatever in his first season. Joelinton aint a centre forward though. Something they have in common though, is that both were thrown in straight away, with no chance of adapting gradually, massive pressure from the off as well as being young. As well as not having any other forward to carry som of that burden on their shoulders. In a team which isn't quite clicking when going forward.

People will tell you that Mitro scored 13 goals or whatever in his first season. Joelinton aint a centre forward though.

well exactly, he's certainly not the player we're trying to make him, just like mitro couldn't be the player that rafa wanted him to be

i remember when we signed him people from germany likened him to firmino, and that's what he looks like to me...playing as a deep/false nine roaming about looking for the ball and moving about into space

i'm sure bruce will get the best out of him :yao:

Mitrovic was getting himself into positions to score and still managed 9. If Joelinton gets to 9 from here he’ll have done brilliantly second half of the season.

Playing in his natural position Mitrovic did that yes.

But we know one of the reasons Rafa left was because he didn’t think he was worth £40m. He left and we bought him anyway.

That's not one of the reasons Rafa left though.

He felt the money could be spent better elsewhere. Same thing.

He left because there was no trust and no ambition and things were not being done right. The situation you describe is just one of hundreds of examples of this in action.

Given how hard he'd had to work to convince Ashley to spend £20m on Miggy, I'd suggest the prospect of seeing double that spunked on a player he didn't particularly rate when trying to strengthen a squad desperately short in several areas was a pretty big factor in Rafa deciding enough was enough.

With the way we play genuinely think we'd be better off just throwing one of our surplus of centre backs upfront, to just do the same as their used to at the back.

Or maybe we could sign Samba if he is on a free as he'd be used to that from his time under Big Sam.

A bit concerned sbout this guy now , i dont doubt he has some decent attributes , but as a striker he shows no anticipation whatsoever.

An important attribute for any succesful  striker in my book.

I'm far more concerned about the football we are producing, can't really see any striker getting goals from the stuff we produce. The goals are coming out of the blue generally, we don't look capable of fashioning a goal from good play.

A bit concerned sbout this guy now , i dont doubt he has some decent attributes , but as a striker he shows no anticipation whatsoever.

I'm far more concerned about the football we are producing, can't really see any striker getting goals from the stuff we produce. The goals are coming out of the blue generally, we don't look capable of fashioning a goal from good play.

How are people not getting this? :lol:

Spot on.

I wont disagree mate , but a top class striker (40mill) should be capable of making an impact regardless of the football.

Shearer , cole , cisse for eg would have 3 or 4  by now.

I blame the club personally , for the short sightedness , lack of footballing knowledge and inability of building a TEAM for football over commercial interests  and missing the point completely when it comes to fan expectation.

Nufc still exists for all the wrong reasons regardless of player or value

When will the remaining 40k+ fans see this?

but a top class striker (40mill) should be capable of making an impact regardless of the football.

this is the crux of the issue, we've paid £40m but he's not a £40m player and never was, we need to get past it

imo he's another ASM/Almiron level gamble around the £20m mark that might come good, but a standard fee for a decent player these days and we couldn't complain yet at that price as he's 23 and new to the country

but we paid £40m :lol:

bent as fuck - i wonder in retrospect if ashley doesn't completely regret binning off the most bent manager in the game when he took over, could have been a marriage made in heaven that

But we know one of the reasons Rafa left was because he didn’t think he was worth £40m. He left and we bought him anyway.

That's not one of the reasons Rafa left though.

He felt the money could be spent better elsewhere. Same thing.

He left because there was no trust and no ambition and things were not being done right. The situation you describe is just one of hundreds of examples of this in action.

Given how hard he'd had to work to convince Ashley to spend £20m on Miggy, I'd suggest the prospect of seeing double that spunked on a player he didn't particularly rate when trying to strengthen a squad desperately short in several areas was a pretty big factor in Rafa deciding enough was enough.

Your just guessing now though.  :lol:

If they had bought him while Rafa was here then I can see the reasoning.

The fact is, Rafa would have seen the newspaper articles linking us to him, and would have known it was planted by Ashley and his people (he often did this shit to Rafa). So, yes it's a reason as much as 100 other things. The 'pretty big' factor was a lack of trust and ambition though, as Rafa has said himself.