Joelinton

Stifler

Why pay 40m for a player that scored 7 goals in the Bundesliga?

He's not quick, he cant hold the ball up, he's not creative, cant finish. Hasnt even showed the glimpse of having any talent.  Makes no sense like.

He's a tall, young Brazilian striker. He's got to be good at some point /cronies

See, even if Gayle had scored that chance today. Still not worth half of what was paid for

Utterly timid, never a goal-scorer. I'll be surprised if we see him score 6-7 this year. He doesn't give any confidence or reason to have the ball passed to him either.

What a mess.

See, even if Gayle had scored that chance today. Still not worth half of what was paid for

Utterly timid, never a goal-scorer. I'll be surprised if we see him score 6-7 this year. He doesn't give any confidence or reason to have the ball passed to him either.

What a mess.

6-7 fuck me thats optimistic I'd be amazed if he gets 3 or 4 hes scored 1 in 17 fucking games

So have we officially wrote him off?

Personally I haven't, unless he has to play under Bruce for too long, and the same thing goes for the other players.

I don't think Bruce has anything to do with the lack of Joelinton's current talent or his future prospects.

Bruce has played him far too many times for my liking and so has had many opportunities; game time and within the games I have seen.

Don't forget Benitez only rated him as a £20 million player (and Rafa's description of strikers was that at £20 million you only get a handful of goals a season)!

Well, I don't see him playing or proving himself as a "striker" either. I also think that Bruce's lack of management/coaching quality will hinder many of our players, at least compared to a quality manager. How is a player going to be playing to the fullest of his potential in a non functional team?

You can blame Bruce's lack of management skills for this guy not being impressive - but he can't even do the bloody basics right. Every time I've seen him take a shot he looks like he's bricking himself. He's a 1 in 4 striker, so why am I not surprised he's shit.

You can blame Bruce's lack of management skills for this guy not being impressive - but he can't even do the bloody basics right. Every time I've seen him take a shot he looks like he's bricking himself. He's a 1 in 4 striker, so why am I not surprised he's shit.

Im not blaming Bruce for Joelinton being as bad as he has been so far! I just think there's a player in there who within time might prove himself to be quality further ahead, even though I doubt that'll happen under Bruce as he's being played as a central striker in a non functional team which won't exactly help him in the long term, or at least not make it easier for him.

If he was a 1 in 4 striker hed have scored 4 goals st least at the moment hes a 1 in 17 striker

Under Bruce and in this setup? No chance.

He's going to be great under the next guy though?  :lol:

I said after 2 games max he has a heart the size of a pea. Seen nothing to suggest otherwise since then. Also haven't seen a great deal of talent. Not the best combination.