Joelinton

Stifler

3 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

He's alleged to be on close to 85k now, I think that's pretty good tbf.

But with Matt Targett alleged to be on 100k, you can see why players think they deserve more.

That's not enough for a starter in a team from the PL that's just been in the Champions League imo

If he's on the reported 80k I'd offer him 100 and perhaps another 20 in performance related add ons. He won't be offered that anywhere else unless he sees out his contract and goes on a free.

46 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Which of those clubs can afford his wage demands then?

£160,000 a week?

I've just had a look at Atletico's wages on Capology.com, and they have 5 players on over 200,000 euros a week. One of which is Morata.

Been one of our best players over the past 18 months.

He will want to be close to the top earners, and within his rights to be in my opinion. He is key to us being competitive at the top.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

£160,000 a week?

I've just had a look at Atletico's wages on Capology.com, and they have 5 players on over 200,000 euros a week. One of which is Morata.

Good luck to him then.

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Good luck to him then.

Be interesting to see what happens.

It's a significant wage for us to pay at this moment in time, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not a massive wage in football nowadays.

2 hours ago, mondonewc said:

He's 28 in August, so he's likely thinking this is his last BIG contract, and his agents getting greedy. Zero chance he can become the highest earner at the club, Isak should then snap be knocking on the door for a pay rise, likely along with a few others forming a queue behind him. Hope he stays, but if he wants to leave wish him well and be on his way. If there's just one thing I'd like us to copy from City's approach it would be that, anyone who wants to leave can, don't ever get desperate and overpay. 

I assume that it is always a bigger earner for agents if their client moves. Careful where you take your counsel! 

11 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

He doesn’t play the same role as Vieira / Yaya Toure.  He’s a big unit who plays wide left or left sided attacking midfielder.  We might get our money back if he was sold

No-one said he plays the same position, but if you combine his current attributes with the extra things people say he should be better at you'd be looking at an elite CM

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

That's not enough for a starter in a team from the PL that's just been in the Champions League imo

Have you any idea how much Isak and Bruno were on before they joined us, you'd be amazed.

Isak 22k Bruno 42k

Players go to France, Spain, Germany and get paid a hell of a lot less.

85k is fortunes compared with what Joelinton would get anywhere, unless he was playing for an Elite club, or some clubs in the PL who really do overpay. 

You're basing him deserving champions league type salary on us qualifying once in 20yrs by over achieving, we're still some way from being a regular champions league club.

Edited by mighty__mag

45 minutes ago, M1tche said:

No-one said he plays the same position, but if you combine his current attributes with the extra things people say he should be better at you'd be looking at an elite CM

I don’t think he’s a particularly good CM tbh.  Never looks at his best there at all.  He can cause havoc further forward, and does some good backtracking out wide

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

£160,000 a week?

Given that Atheltico’s turnover was about £70m higher than ours in the last set of accounts, he’d best ask them for crazy money.  NUFC remains limited on what could realistically offered in salary.  Joelinton isn’t close to being a £160k pw player. 

I would see him moving to a mid-level PL club if he was to leave, not sure in European terms.

But presumably everyone outside the PL would struggle to pay him, unless he wants to go to Saudi. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

^ me reading some of these foolish posts about Big Lints.

back to back player of the season, and we're worrying about what to pay him :lol: give the man what he wants.

he's embodies absolutely everything there is to like about this team (and club). football has really gone to shit when fans are more worried about balancing the books.

Love Joelinton and would be gutted if he left but he's not our best player so shouldn't be our highest earner

Based on his last 2 years he's no doubt earned a pay rise, though ironically he stole a living for the first two

I think he'd do well to remember how much Howe (combined with a bit of fortune of Clark getting sent off) has benefited his game and realise he's the best coach to stick with 

23 minutes ago, Big River said:

back to back player of the season, and we're worrying about what to pay him :lol: give the man what he wants.

he's embodies absolutely everything there is to like about this team (and club). football has really gone to shit when fans are more worried about balancing the books.

balance sheet champions 

3 hours ago, Big River said:

FFP has turned this into an American sports forum its so sad... It's wild that the club with the richest owners in the world has been forced to start a 17 year old for 3 months and "can't afford" to make their player of the season the 42nd highest paid player in the league

13 hours ago, Big River said:

Without FFP I wouldn’t give a solitary shite

24 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

He's too old for Liverpool. No re-sale value unless Saudi step in again.

Liverpool are in a position they can buy 200k/week players, they are one of a handful of clubs who can buy the very best midfielders in the world. While I love Joelinton, I just don't see him as that. Sometimes he's got great feet, other times it bounces off and he ends up cleaning someone out trying to recover the ball.

I'm always keeping one eye on how he's doing for Brazil as well, can't be easy maintaining your place in a side where they are used to technical perfection from their midfielders traditionally.

Due to FFP finally starting to have some teeth, I think the days of players in this country being offered £300k-400k a week are coming to an end for the foreseeable future. Man U are looking to offload all their top earners, Casemiro, Varane, even Rashford if they get a big offer for him. Chelsea have spent all that money on Fernandez, Caicedo and Mudryk, yet they are all on sub £200k a week.

If Joe really wants the big money he can fuck off to Saudi and play in front of 5000 crowds every week.