Joelinton

Stifler

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Totally transformed as a player and seemingly as a character, as well. 

He seemed really timid early in

his career here. Now he is trying to fight everyone. Gives a foul away every ten minutes and looks absolutely disgusted with every refereeing decision that doesn’t go his way :lol: 

Machine. 

Apparently his character has never changed 

1 minute ago, Ben said:

Apparently his character has never changed 

The players have always said that and that he was superb in training etc. But outwardly on the pitch, it quite clearly has. 

Not surprising when you think of the state of the club when he first signed. 

Just now, Heron said:

Feel like he's still not able to get the plaudits he rightfully deserves purely because how amazing we've been but what an absolutely dynamite player he's been for us this year 

He's just ridiculously consistent. He's gonna end up on double figures for goals too, which is a great achievement given that he's probably played less than half the time as an outright attacker. 

27 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Player of the season? 

Ridiculous choice this year between loads of our players, for me yes but I wouldn't argue with any other contender 

6 minutes ago, Mikky said:

If this guy doesn’t get into that Brazil squad next time round….

I can already see it, Big Joe in 2024 Copa America final, tracking down the left wing and taking the ball from a baffled Messi. 

I always thought he'd come good and that there was a good footballer in there, but fuck me. Howe's transformation of him early last year was vindication and his continued improvement in that role was amazing. Then he was trusted further forward again and utilised LW more and he was decent. Thoughts of 'yeah he can do a job there but he wont be first choice', then he just continued to improve there as well. Then he'd be asked to play in a midfield 3 again, and he was better again. Then him and Willock developed this fluid left hand side and he was even betterer. Then he started to stick passes and now he's got a silky touch and can finish on demand. 15 months, man. I fucking love him. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

7 hours ago, duo said:

Just noticed PL also robbed Joe of his assist for 1st goal 

I like stats and post them quite often, but it's a joke isn't it. :dowie:

He didn't get an assist for our first against Spurs either. He forces a save and Murphy buries the rebound. Does anyone know if that's an assist in ice hockey? Lots of goals in that sport from rebounds. Football has stats for "big chances" and "key passes", so it must be capable of doing nuanced judgements, just not for assists. With assists being an oft-quoted, high-profile stat, its poor and only encourages folk to think stats are bollocks (they are not).

1 hour ago, Stottie said:

I like stats and post them quite often, but it's a joke isn't it. :dowie:

He didn't get an assist for our first against Spurs either. He forces a save and Murphy buries the rebound. Does anyone know if that's an assist in ice hockey? Lots of goals in that sport from rebounds. Football has stats for "big chances" and "key passes", so it must be capable of doing nuanced judgements, just not for assists. With assists being an oft-quoted, high-profile stat, its poor and only encourages folk to think stats are bollocks (they are not).

Yes it is. And many other sports give assists from rebounds.

That Schar to Joelinton switch over the top has got teams absolutely flummoxed at the moment. With most of our build-up play this season coming down the right, they're just not thinking about it, and then it happens.