Joelinton

Stifler

The celebration for Joelinton's goal, with Bruno hanging off his shoulder, voice cracking as he screams, Wilson chirping in to, and then there's this bestial warcry that a Viking would be proud of COME ONNNNNNNNN

Edited by HawK

34 minutes ago, Stal said:

Just saw a headline that Joelinton is to have a team of the season card on FIFA. I assume that's the game, but what is a team of the season card?

A massively upgraded card from their normal card.

ASM aswell apparently. 

Edited by BonesJones

19 hours ago, Stottie said:

I like stats and post them quite often, but it's a joke isn't it. :dowie:

He didn't get an assist for our first against Spurs either. He forces a save and Murphy buries the rebound. Does anyone know if that's an assist in ice hockey? Lots of goals in that sport from rebounds. Football has stats for "big chances" and "key passes", so it must be capable of doing nuanced judgements, just not for assists. With assists being an oft-quoted, high-profile stat, its poor and only encourages folk to think stats are bollocks (they are not).

Everything is assists in ice hockey :lol:

Why the fuck wasn't he given an assist yesterday for his contribution to the first goal in FPL though? It was given on Sunday, does someone else touch the ball between Pickford and Wilson that I haven't seen? 

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

Everything is assists in ice hockey :lol:

Haha, thanks!

My knowledge of ice hockey comes from a 1980s game console called a Mattel Intellivision. On its game, the only way to score was a rebound. You had hit an initial shot that knocked over the goalkeeper, sorry goal tender isn't it. Only then could you score.

Getting back to Joelinton, but him, Bruno, and Willock would probably all start for Liverpool. A team that was chasing a quadruple just twelve months ago. They missed the league title by one point and outplayed Real in the CL final.

12 hours ago, BonesJones said:

A massively upgraded card from their normal card.

ASM aswell apparently. 

I don't play FIFA, what is a massively upgraded card? Sorry, I have no context for this. Is it like a stats thing?

12 minutes ago, Stal said:

I don't play FIFA, what is a massively upgraded card? Sorry, I have no context for this. Is it like a stats thing?

Yes, stats boosted in all categories. So he'll be faster, better at dribbling, better at shooting etc etc. 

This is all among the FUT (FIFA Ultimate Team) mode of the game, basically the only part of FIFA people play nowadays, mainly online.

2 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

Just heard that on the podcast too 😭😭😭😭😭😭

(went to make a 'friendship ended with Paqueta, now Joelinton is my best friend' meme but couldn't be arsed)

The lad in the street looking at the passing lass?