Joelinton

Stifler

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'm convinced he could play up front and be effective these days, he's a completely different player. Absolute animal.

Not sure tbh, I still think he doesn't strike the ball particularly well. Same issue with Almiron, both of them can find their way to the goal, just neither of them seem able just to drill one into the far corner.

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'm convinced he could play up front and be effective these days, he's a completely different player. Absolute animal.

Agreed. I don't think he'd score many from there because there's no poacher instinct (most of his goals last season were bundled in from the left against high lines/on the counter), but he could definitely play a target man role of sorts imo; he's got the strength and close control for it. One of his best attributes is his adaptability to tactical instruction so I could see him play anywhere in the front six and do a job. 

On 14/06/2023 at 10:36, Yorkie said:

Agreed. I don't think he'd score many from there because there's no poacher instinct (most of his goals last season were bundled in from the left against high lines/on the counter), but he could definitely play a target man role of sorts imo; he's got the strength and close control for it. One of his best attributes is his adaptability to tactical instruction so I could see him play anywhere in the front six and do a job. 

Agree with this, imagine Rice behind them protecting the back four and spraying passes to class in front of him 

11 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Really quite interesting about how where he comes from in Brazil tends to get looked down on in terms of football, esp at a national team level. Seems the folks from back home and Recife are just as proud of Big Joe as we are! 

2 hours ago, Rich said:

That’s quite a trio. Poor Bruno.

I think Paquetá will end up benched on the cycle, the problem for Bruno is he's up against Big Joe, Rodrygo, Vini Jr and Neymar for a spot [emoji38]

Edited by JNK

Find myself wondering how widely-known his influence on us the past 18 months is globally. Do you have fans in Spain and Italy watching him in awe, like we do with the players at the big clubs in those leagues or is he under the radar in the global sense? I suspect it won't be long before those fans who don't know him are remarking "Fuck, wish he played for us".