Joelinton

Stifler

It's clearly come from the Arsenal fans, it's unimaginable that it's from us. He wouldn't have specified the Arsenal match, otherwise.

It's worth pointing out though, that a large portion of online racist abuse comes from foreign supporters of English teams, which muddies the waters a bit in terms of doling out blame and retribution. It's quite plausible we'll have our support blamed for, say, some Arabs sending monkey pictures in the future. I'm not sure there would've been many Arsenal season ticket holders involved to be fair to them.

Although we are using social media for good in this respect it remains an absolute cesspit especially for people who have nothing better to do than spread negativity.

The problem is that people can pretend to be anyone and affiliate with anything. So Joe was probably just vague because it's impossible to identify who from what. 

Personally I don't know why anyone would want to say them things directly to another human being, even booing players is low. 

3 hours ago, 80 said:

It's clearly come from the Arsenal fans, it's unimaginable that it's from us. He wouldn't have specified the Arsenal match, otherwise.

It's worth pointing out though, that a large portion of online racist abuse comes from foreign supporters of English teams, which muddies the waters a bit in terms of doling out blame and retribution. It's quite plausible we'll have our support blamed for, say, some Arabs sending monkey pictures in the future. I'm not sure there would've been many Arsenal season ticket holders involved to be fair to them.

Dunno, we did lose...

Don't think it's particularly useful to try and apportion it to any particular set of fans. Except if you can find the individuals and punish them of course. 

I'm sure we all have a lot of work to do. 

I haven't heard any racist abuse in SJP though, used to more when I was a kid. Online will be where people feel safe enough to actually say it. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

15 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Dunno, we did lose...

Arsenal's online fans are massive AIDS. They were all over every single NUFC related post like rats after both games against us this season. Both fan and club stuff on Twitter but also our players on Insta; can have a look for yourself. I'd be astonished if it was our lot tbh.

13 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Dunno, we did lose...

It would boggle my brain if it was... All things considered, I just can't see it. Not saying we wouldn't have anyone who'd do it in any circumstances, mind. But happening back in the Bruce days sounds much more plausible...

57 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

I'm may be stretching here, but the worst thing about that is the way he said it, in a somewhat flippant (for lack of a better word) way, as it must mean that it is a somewhat regular occurrence for him to essentially shrug it off like it was nothing, and that in his head it is just a part of life as a black footballer. Which is undeniably really sad.

There was folk on the verge of a mental breakdown following our draw with Leeds the weekend after. 

Can only imagine what suffering our third  league defeat of the season did to them. 

Edited by TBG

5 hours ago, Rafalove said:

The point about coming from foreign fans might hold some water. I wouldn’t normally just like to make that assumption but within England Arsenal probably have more black fans than anyone else.

Been added by many of our fans on Twitter and followed them back as a courtesy, should see the amount of EDL type shit that a significant portion of our fans tweet.  I Wouldn’t discount it.