Joelinton

Stifler

US don’t like letting anyone in who has had trouble with the law. It’ll be his drink driving thing.

Edited by LV

7 hours ago, madras said:

When we went and had to apply for an ESTA (?) they didn't just want to know about convictions but even just arrests. Everybody lies about that.

They do, but if they find you to be lying you're fucked and could easily be disbarred for 10 years or life. 

I'd speculate that Joe has been given an initial denial based on the recency of his conviction. He could probably attend the embassy if he wished but given the shortness of the trip it's not worth it. 

8 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Obviously Bruno got in fine, my lass had to attend an in-person appointment to get a US visa from Brazil. Not aware of any crimes she committed. 

Bruno might have had one from a previous trip even. 

Isn’t this different anyway as they will be getting some sort of temp/special work visa?

I seem to remember years ago, joey Barton went on holiday to the USA, but the following week he wasn’t allowed in the pre season USA tour as they wouldn’t allow him a work visa as opposed to a holiday visa.

8 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Isn’t this different anyway as they will be getting some sort of temp/special work visa?

I seem to remember years ago, joey Barton went on holiday to the USA, but the following week he wasn’t allowed in the pre season USA tour as they wouldn’t allow him a work visa as opposed to a holiday visa.

I’ve always just assumed Barton lied about his history for his private holiday. But the club included his offences and that’s why he could not make it. 

4 hours ago, Viana said:

They do, but if they find you to be lying you're fucked and could easily be disbarred for 10 years or life. 

I'd speculate that Joe has been given an initial denial based on the recency of his conviction. He could probably attend the embassy if he wished but given the shortness of the trip it's not worth it. 

How are they going to find out about an arrest  without charge ?

5 hours ago, madras said:

How are they going to find out about an arrest  without charge ?

For a celebrity, where it has been reported in the media, easily via Google. For you, probably less easily. 

18 hours ago, LV said:

US don’t like letting anyone in who has had trouble with the law. It’ll be his drink driving thing.

It's kinda quaint how US laws are so strict on foreigners coming to their country with even the hint of a record considering some of their own citizens seem to think it's normal to tote rifles, small pistols, and when they really feel it's necessary to mow down some schoolchildren, submachine guns.