Joelinton

Stifler

With all the talk of Miley and Tonali it's easy to overlook how good Joelinton has been in the pre-season games. He's looked boss in the middle when he's been out there.

Guest reefatoon
6 minutes ago, Rich said:

Has he?

Yeah I agree with you, he hasn’t quite got up to speed yet and it has shown in the pre season games so far, as he’s looked a little off the pace and quiet. Missing the Rangers game and his delay at getting over to America has him a little behind and it’s shown. He will be bang up to speed by the start of the season though.

He's not looked that sharp, but preseason is also meant for shaking the rust off. 

He was a big player for us last season, and I'm eager to see what Howe has planned for him this season. By signing Harvey Barnes we now have another right footed left winger that will make runs in behind, which could see Joey move inside permanently. Either way, bloke is a blessing.

yeah, his first 45 minutes against Villa he gave away about 10 fouls and would’ve been sent off on a competitive game :lol:. Looked miles off. He will get back to it though.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

With all the talk of Miley and Tonali it's easy to overlook how good Joelinton has been in the pre-season games. He's looked boss in the middle when he's been out there.

Is it opposite day?

I think he's looked awful in pre-season. Not concerned at all obviously, but not sure what you've seen in him to think he's looked "boss"?

1 hour ago, andyc35i said:

I love Big Joe, but I’m thinking that Willock would work better with a Bruno and Sandro midfield 

I think the exact opposite (…maybe it is an ‘opposite’ day’!). We’d potentially be a bit lightweight with Little Joe added to the two would-be worldies. I mean they can both tackle, are aggressive and persistent enough, but Big Joe would add extra bite out of possession and enable them to pick out the exquisite creative passes, they are both capable of, in possession.

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

31 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Is it opposite day?

I think he's looked awful in pre-season. Not concerned at all obviously, but not sure what you've seen in him to think he's looked "boss"?

The two games we've played so far in the US.

4 hours ago, Shearergol said:

He’s been awful man :lol:

See I don't understand that, I could see why people might have been having a go at Tonali as he's not been that involved, although I thought he was good second half against Chelsea, for me though Joelinton has been fine, getting stuck in and involved in everything, tidy with the ball for the most part, the only real negative has been a couple of really bad challenges which he does produce one in every game. That's just part of the package you get with such a competitive and physical player.

• 2 weeks later...

He’s going to get booked just about every game he plays. Needs to stop shirt pulling. Looked good today but I really worry he’ll pick up early bookings and that’ll affect how he plays for the rest of the match.

The whole side need to be very disciplined, you can absolutely guarantee that we’ll regularly be cited by all and sundry for shit housing and dark arts challenges.