Joelinton

Stifler

I love that after the touch he looks at the goalies position before slamming it home. Very composed.

Also, prior to receiving the ball he has a quick look at where Rose is behind him, which may give validity to him having the touch away from where Rose is coming from.

Depends if he knew how far Rose was from him which i'm 50/50 on. It was such a calm finish i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Get it out his feet, slide into the corner.

At around 2:21 he takes a quick look at Rose's position, prior to receiving the ball.

Guest covmag

Eh? His touch played it into space away from the defender to be able to take the shot. It was a great first touch.

Ok, just had another look, you could be right, just looked as if it slightly got away from him. No worries

i've not seen it again but i did wonder if the touch was intentional to take it where it went as it was perfect to keep him away from the defender but it was also quite far away from him

He did something similar in the first game against Arsenal where he shifted the ball quickly with his right then got the shot off with his left. I thought he looked very confident on the finish as well, makes me think he might score a few this season. Just get the ball into his feet on the deck rather than launching long balls towards his head, and he will do fine I reckon.

i've not seen it again but i did wonder if the touch was intentional to take it where it went as it was perfect to keep him away from the defender but it was also quite far away from him

He did something similar in the first game against Arsenal where he shifted the ball quickly with his right then got the shot off with his left. I thought he looked very confident on the finish as well, makes me think he might score a few this season. Just get the ball into his feet on the deck rather than launching long balls towards his head, and he will do fine I reckon.

yeah that was evident to me, that he looked fine when he had to battle for control with a low ball he was more than willing to fight and more than capable of doing well....being andy carroll can't be for everyone

If our front 3 became Almiron, Rondon and Joelinton in the old Perez role. Sheesh. We’d be potentially deadly. Think this guy really has the makings of a really good football player and in the right setup. He’s actually playing some incredible balls through.

Front three of Carroll, Joelinton and Almiron wouldn't be bad either on the few occasions Carroll would actually be fit. Then you have Maximin and Gayle to throw in there as well as which isn't a disaster tbh.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel really sorry for him, actually. Clearly a good player and has a really decent touch, shields the ball well... all of it in the centre circle because of how woefully set up we are. Poor cunt would probably have more fun back in the favelas cos playing up top for us under Bruce looks fucking awful.

Guest godzilla

He's better than Perez?

Never said that. Just think under Rafa those 3 would have been something else over time.

Certainly doesn't look it but you have the Bruce factor to consider.