Joelinton

Stifler

Guest neesy111

He's better than mitrovic imo but he's not suited to the system we play.  No chance we paid £40m for him.

what system is he suited to?

A system that plays him in his best position, he's not a number 9. Needs to be playing deeper

He's better than mitrovic imo but he's not suited to the system we play.  No chance we paid £40m for him.

what system is he suited to?

Some sort of money laundering one probably.

Yep.

I can't believe people think that he was scouted or bought to play in a system. This transfer is up there with Boumsong and that Nacho bloke for it dodginess.

Guest Howaythetoon

Gayle might not get you 10-15 goals in the Premier League, but what a player like him gives a team like this is a goal threat and that is a hell of a lot to offer any team lacking in that area even if there are players stronger, quicker, more skilful or whatever. Give me a player who offers a goal threat only over a player who offers more away from goal, but no goal threat at all.

Guest Howaythetoon

Best of a bad bunch it would seem? Rondon 16m, pah, Joelinton has to be worth 40m at least if that’s the case... how many goals/how much of a goal threat is he? To be fair not seem him play, but by all accounts he looks like a 4m player not whatever the club lied and claimed he cost.

I am certainly not a fan of Gayle, however he is a massive improvement on Joelinton.  This bloke has hoodwinked everybody.  He is definitely NOT a number 9.  He and his agent have played a blinder.  He has managed to convince Ashley, The scouts (cough), Bruce and sadly a lot of the fan base.  Why any of our fans think this player is a centre forward baffles me.

Maybe it's just me (and Rafa).

Guest neesy111

Could have got Rondon, chucked £10m at the training ground to keep Rafa happy and still have £14m left over to spend on a good young prospect from Europe.

Madness.

But but nee sell on profit.

Could have got Rondon, chucked £10m at the training ground to keep Rafa happy and still have £14m left over to spend on a good young prospect from Europe.

Madness.

But but nee sell on profit.

Daft thing being there will not be any profit when selling a striker we spent £40m on that's only getting 1 in 9 goal rate.

I said at the start of the season our front 3 will not get 15 goals between them all season. A quarter of the season in they have the grand total of 1 between them

I'd go as far now as saying the front 3 plus Carroll and Gayle wont get 15 between them

Fucking grim

I am certainly not a fan of Gayle, however he is a massive improvement on Joelinton.  This bloke has hoodwinked everybody.  He is definitely NOT a number 9.  He and his agent have played a blinder.  He has managed to convince Ashley, The scouts (cough), Bruce and sadly a lot of the fan base.  Why any of our fans think this player is a centre forward baffles me.

Maybe it's just me (and Rafa).

He hasn't hoodwinked anyone, we were chasing him for the best part of a year, in fact iirc, the thread opened with talk of him being a £50m target which we all laughed at. I can remember saying it was all a massive wind up or words to that effect. He was a serious target at that price, and Rafa's quotes back that up. Considering how loathe Mike Ashley is to part with money for players I'm surprised/not surprised that journalists, especially local ones, haven't asked serious questions about the deal if the fee was supposedly a lot les than the £40m which is widely touted.

He's not going to get the opportunity to look anything like a £40M forward, playing for us. But that doesn't mean he's not the type of player that the likes of Chelsea (were they allowed) wouldn't stump up for.

As somebody said, when this thread opened  his value was supposedly £50M. Set by who? I know that reported valuations can be way off but they can also be spot on. There is every possibility that Chelsea have spotted potential, but can't buy him so they've got us to buy him for £20M with another £20M after 50 appearances. And Chelsea have agreed to buy him for £40M next season. After their ban expires and before he has the chance to reach 50 appearances.

This would support the claim that Ashley has paid for this himself. Cunt probably hasn't even put it on the clubs  books.