Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

16 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Sooner were safe, or safe enough that a pro like Eddie will accept it, the sooner we can maybe indulge ASM and see how that works for us and him.

Last thing we need. Would rather see him struggle to adapt until the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Last thing we need. Would rather see him struggle to adapt until the end of the season.

I agree, personally think he needs to get used to this new way of playing! He'll accept it sooner or later and if he doesn't then he isn't going to be here.

Next season he should arguably have his best season with us, he'll have far more quality around him than he has ever had before. If he can't succeed in this new team than perhaps its time to think maybe he's only good when he's the big fish in the pond full of fish who are shit at football.

Guest HTT II
9 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Hope he has a game like the Everton home game tomorrow

He will and score, you heard it here first!

He's trying too hard and that's encouraging. Bravery comes in many forms and I think he's also a brave player.  He doesn't hide, he shows for the ball, and wants the responsibility of getting us up the park and attacking . He's always looking to launch that attack, that run, that shot or ball to make a chance to try and get us winning or back in the game. I think he's an instinctive player and there's going to be times when he's on a hot streak and it's all just flowing beautifully for him and us. The challenge for him as a player and for the coaching staff is to make him still very effective when he's a little off his game or on a cooler streak. I've seen people criticize the performance in the Wolves game and I just don't get it . He consistently ran at players, made chances and was key in the move that led to the winning goal. If that's him playing poorly I've no problem with him whatsoever .  

I don't think many think he should be dropped. But if we're to move to another level, the team's style of play has to change and he has to change with it. So far, there's not much sign of a willingness or ability to do that. 

I look at the BBCs gossip site every morning, and despite the attention that ASM gets, there's rarely if ever a mention of other clubs looking to sign him. I suspect that the clubs that are able to afford him, are not all that interested. For similar reasons.

28 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I don't think many think he should be dropped. But if we're to move to another level, the team's style of play has to change and he has to change with it. So far, there's not much sign of a willingness or ability to do that. 

I look at the BBCs gossip site every morning, and despite the attention that ASM gets, there's rarely if ever a mention of other clubs looking to sign him. I suspect that the clubs that are able to afford him, are not all that interested. For similar reasons.

:thup: This.

He’s due a good game tomorrow, hope he smashes it.

50 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Yeah it's fair to say he'll need to adapt and improve if he wants to fulfill the potential he has.

Having better players round him could (not necessarily will) help with that.

ASM in "I will always have a place in my heart for a manager that was nice to me and let me do absolutely anything I want." Shocker.

Glad he is being positive towards Howe. We look more cohesive at times when he is out of the side but will always be more dangerous with him in it. He is a gamechanger and that is hard to replace or replicate with just good teamwork. 

There has to be a happy medium of playing to his strengths but ASM also adapting as we evolve.

he’s not been at the top of his game lately, think we can all agree, but he’s also being shut down by 2 or 3 players often too. we need another fast attacking forward who can turn and scare defences, that will take the heat off him and open up the space 

14 minutes ago, dave s said:

he’s not been at the top of his game lately, think we can all agree, but he’s also being shut down by 2 or 3 players often too. we need another fast attacking forward who can turn and scare defences, that will take the heat off him and open up the space 

He may be shut down by two or three because they know he'll not lay it off early ? That may be why they'll commit the third ? I have noticed recently there have been times when there has been options and he's kept on driving on like a rugby league player (not options like playing someone through for a one on one but better positions than he is in).

8 hours ago, madras said:

He may be shut down by two or three because they know he'll not lay it off early ? That may be why they'll commit the third ? I have noticed recently there have been times when there has been options and he's kept on driving on like a rugby league player (not options like playing someone through for a one on one but better positions than he is in).

yeah. as i said he’s not been on his best form lately, but probably not helping that teams have sussed they’ve a chance of keeping him quiet this way too 

36 minutes ago, Pilko said:

You can usually tell from his first two or three bits of play what sort of mood he's in, on the early evidence we're in for yet another of his dickhead days today.

Not sure I agree. He's been mostly rubbish but there have been some more bright sparks than in recent weeks. That through ball to Joelinton. The pull back to guimarães. Even some of his aimless dribbling in the box has the potential to win a penalty from a rash challenge.