Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Same. Held up and distributed the ball better than Wood has. Granted, it was against a lacklustre Norwich so wouldn't expect him to do the same against better and more motivated opponents. 

Just now, duo said:

He tries too hard imo - he just needs to dial it down a bit 

He did dial it down in the second half, delivered some better passes, got his head up. Sure, he ran into some dead ends today but I thought it was better overall and his attitude throughout was brilliant 

Poor first half, much better second. Grew into the false 9 role and looked good creating from deep by the end. Has #10 potential maybe. 

Some absolutely woeful deliveries and attempts in the first half as mentioned though. I think next year will be a huge test for him. We won't cash in this summer imo, If we do it is because Howe thinks he won't evolve with the side. 4 or 5 new quality additions and it will be make or break time for him next year. 

Still love the lad. He was trying hard, too hard.. but was also surprisingly helpful tracking back and defending.

Another game where he ran his socks off but couldn't produce much in the end, i think he's trying harder than he should, in the past it all seemed to come natural to him and i've said it before his style of play requires a certain mindset for it to work.

Looking forward to see how he will play in the next two games against world class opposition, whatever happen we should all be grateful for him for carrying us for two years under that fat bastard which in a way allowed for the takeover to happen.

He played a much bigger part in the team performance today. And the result reflects that. if he can stay happy doing that then he'll be good going forward. I still think he just needs an early goal to relax him and we'll see his best 90 mins yet.

Going forward I would expect more of the same. He can be invaluable, in an "attack is the best form of defence" way, keeping the ball away from the opposition.

I feel like we are starting to see transformation happening. The beginning of real coaching taking effect.

It's going to take time but think it's going to make ASM a much more complete footballer.

Looking forward to it

On 18/04/2022 at 08:57, Lotus said:

One idea to stop him getting double or triple marked would be to give him a floating role. Let him pop all over the pitch. 
Don’t think it would hurt our defensive solidity much.

He would, of course be very careful if he wants to take players on much closer to our box (should he ever find himself there….).

thought he looked a lot better l doing this. Only Norwich but he clearly he a better contribution to the team.

ASM will come good with coaching.

Whilst he can improve in this regard I don’t think he’s particularly unfit. The main reason he’s often blowing out his arse is because he attempts so many sprints in a game. Good coaching is what will see him start to pick his chances to do these full sprints more. Take the low opportunity sprints out of his game and you’ll get more out of him defensively and offensively I think. Whilst not everything came off you could tangibly see this yesterday and I thought he was excellent when we moved him from left wing to striker after 30 minutes.

Edited by Smal