Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

7 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

£30 million is about right, although I understand the disappointment of those who thought Saudi Arabia were going to sign him to pump extra money in to the club.

Al Ittihad have just paid £40m for a washed up Fabinho.

5 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Paying 10m over his release clause is brave mind

I don't know about any release clauses, please show me a reliable link? In any case it doesn't change my point. I see a lot more entertainment value in £70m for ASM compared to £40m for Fabinho or £47m for Neves.

Edited by Pata

Even if it’s £30m, I’m not going to lose sleep over it. It’s still a massive help on FFP.

Time to move on for f*** sake. We’ve seen tonight, what we’ve all got to look forward to, with Tonali, and other potential signings, coming from the sale of ASM. We trusted the process, and they’ve bought in Isak, Botman and Bruno. We’ve got a great team to be proud of, and we just need to get behind them now, especially, Barnes.

Stop the moaning, and move on, is what I say. The ASM stuff will linger for a few days on here, but I think many have moved on already from ASM, and are already looking forward to this new exciting era.

4 minutes ago, Pata said:

I'm not surprised you don't see the difference in £50m and £300m.

My point being that 50 or 300, it's an overinflated fee. I'm sure if we were not owned by Saudis we would be asking for 50, but we're hobbled when it comes to selling to them due to the association we have already.

Just now, Sima said:

£30m?  Liverpool are selling Fabinho for £40m and he's finished.

He’s also a Brazil international with a massive world profile. These things matter as much as if not more for these developing leagues.

1 minute ago, Beth said:

My point being that 50 or 300, it's an overinflated fee. I'm sure if we were not owned by Saudis we would be asking for 50, but we're hobbled when it comes to selling to them due to the association we have already.

So no difference in scrutiny between world record fee or something close to what Neves went for ffs? :lol:

2 minutes ago, Toon88 said:

Even if it’s £30m, I’m not going to lose sleep over it. It’s still a massive help on FFP.

Time to move on for f*** sake. We’ve seen tonight, what we’ve all got to look forward to, with Tonali, and other potential signings, coming from the sale of ASM. We trusted the process, and they’ve bought in Isak, Botman and Bruno. We’ve got a great team to be proud of, and we just need to get behind them now, especially, Barnes.

Stop the moaning, and move on, is what I say. The ASM stuff will linger for a few days on here, but I think many have moved on already from ASM, and are already looking forward to this new exciting era.

Wish you would move on with this condescending bullshit tbh.

8 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Al Ittihad have just paid £40m for a washed up Fabinho.

Fabinho is also a big name Brazilian player who has won the Premier League and the Champions League, while he has had a disappointing season he will still be seen as a class act.

It isn’t quite the same for ASM, being introduced as a former France under 21 player and goal of the month winners for October 2022.

Edited by Matt1892

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

So no difference in scrutiny between world record fee or something close to what Neves went for ffs? :lol:

£20m difference for a more reliable, more consistent and less injury prone player? Seems fair enough to me like.

1 minute ago, Toon88 said:

Pata mate, you’re a clown

On 08/07/2023 at 17:19, Toon88 said:

He’s not good enough, he can’t dribble, take away his goals hes crap, look at ASM’s xA for goodness sake. I’m done with this club.

scores v villa on that first Sunday

He’s f***ing brilliant, he’s such a good finisher, what a signing, Eddie Howe you legend. What a f***ing club we are!!!!!

seen it all before.

:ben: